ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Once a cheater, always a cheater? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267427)

ThaVirus 12-06-2012 01:03 PM

Once a cheater, always a cheater?

How do you feel about this age-old question?

Can you ever fully trust someone that's cheated?

How about when a woman (or man, if that's what you're into) cheated on their significant other with you, dumped the other person, then began a relationship with you? Anyone ever had that situation? Did it work out?

If you're brave enough, has anyone here ever cheated? Was it a one time thing or recurring? Were you ever able to stop your adulterous ways?

DLand21 12-06-2012 01:06 PM

One time, easy for me to realize it was a mistake but a lot had to do with my significant other being a bitch so it was in spite. Now I have a great girl that treats me great and would never ever think of cheating. Ever.

keg in kc 12-06-2012 01:10 PM

I think it's pretty rare for people who cheat to change their stripes. And a relationship that begins with someone cheating on someone else with you probably isn't going to end well (it definitely didn't for me).

durtyrute 12-06-2012 01:14 PM

I feel that it is possible for someone to change if they are a cheater, but it's up to them. I cheated on my lying ass bitch face ex, (see the "would you rather" thread for details,) with a previous ex, who in turn was cheating on her then husband who she cheated on me with before that. (Wow, that's a lot of cheating.) Anyway, I cheated ten years ago. I am now 33, married, and have two daughters. I can honestly say, the life I have now means more to me than some random piece of ass.

LiveSteam 12-06-2012 01:15 PM

Why live with that shit in back of your mind? Get out why you still have the upper hand

Bump 12-06-2012 01:18 PM

Of course people can change. I believe everyone has it in them to change for the better. But it is definitely up to that individual, it's not something you can generalize I would say.

KCWolfman 12-06-2012 01:32 PM

The more important question is "Can you trust them again whether they deserve the trust or not". Even if they change, if you can't get over the moment you are wasting your time and theirs.

I knew she felt guilty and wanted to change, but at the same time I knew I could never trust her again, so I made the decision to leave. Not her problem, mine.

Chief_For_Life58 12-06-2012 01:36 PM

once a whore always a whore

Discuss Thrower 12-06-2012 01:39 PM

I used to think one instance of cheating was just a fleeting thing.

No. I've learned second hand that if you cheat once you're going to do it again. Get away with it twice you'll get away with it forever unless you're a total ****ing moron.

YourMult 12-06-2012 01:40 PM

There are roughly 3.5 billion women on the planet. Find one who isn't a tramp.

"If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you."

vailpass 12-06-2012 02:02 PM

If someone is ****ing around on their SO with you then they leave them for you it's a pretty safe bet you just became that SO.

ThaVirus 12-06-2012 02:20 PM

Some good stuff in here; pretty much echoes the way I feel. I already have some deep-seated (deep-seeded?) trust issues so I don't think I could ever come to trust someone that I know cheated.

It reminds me of an old boss I had though. He had started a relationship with his then-wife a few years prior while they were working together. Apparently he had been asking her out for a while and she kept denying him. Eventually she gave in and they started a relationship; the issue is: she was already in a relationship at the time.

So I asked him if he ever worried that the woman that cheated on her significant other to be with him would ever do the same to him. He said "No. That guy was just lame and I'm awesome."

They went on to have two kids before he found out she had been ****ing a good friend of theirs.

Discuss Thrower 12-06-2012 02:25 PM

You know, the more I think about it, it's probably a blessing I'll be single. Why the **** would you get emotionally invested (at the very least) when all your significant other is going to do is break your heart anyway?

vailpass 12-06-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9185559)
You know, the more I think about it, it's probably a blessing I'll be single. Why the **** would you get emotionally invested (at the very least) when all your significant other is going to do is break your heart anyway?

Better to lose a hand every now and then than to fold every time.

Discuss Thrower 12-06-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9185568)
Better to lose a hand every now and then than to fold every time.

Even when you literally go all in with all that you are monetarily worth plus whatever you have intangibly knowing there's a sizable chance you'll lose it?

Ahhh, I get it. You're saying never get married.