ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls MMO Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259190)

Mr. Laz 05-03-2012 10:35 AM

Elder Scrolls MMO Announced

Elder Scrolls Online Announced
Leave a Comment
Posted 13 minutes ago - By Stephen Johnson

The Elder Scrolls Online has been announced by Bethesda. It is being developed for PC and Mac under the leadership of Matt Firor, who has spent the last two decades working in online game development.

“We have been working hard to create an online world in which players will be able to experience the epic Elder Scrolls universe with their friends, something fans have long said they wanted,” said Matt Firor, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years. The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise.”

Details are scant at this time, but expect a screenshot later today and a teaser trailer tomorrow.

Sofa King 05-03-2012 10:38 AM

This could be fun.

SuperChief 05-03-2012 10:52 AM

I really hope they do this right. I'm a big fan of the franchise, but they could royally **** this one up. I hope not.

kaplin42 05-03-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8591464)
I really hope they do this right. I'm a big fan of the franchise, but they could royally **** this one up. I hope not.

As epic as skyrim was, it was also buggy as hell. They better clean that kind of nonesense up quite a bit if they want to be even remotely successful.

That being said, ****ing giggity giggity, I'm in.

Frazod 05-03-2012 11:05 AM

****. I assume this means that every future Elder Scrolls game will be a goddamn MMO now. 4321

QuikSsurfer 05-03-2012 11:46 AM

I'm interested.

Pants 05-03-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8591609)
I'm interested.

Same here, but I'm worried too. Bethesda can't make a balanced SP game to save their lives, not sure how they plan on creating a balanced MP experience (which is a million times more difficult). I won't even mention the bugs, lol.

QuikSsurfer 05-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8591781)
Same here, but I'm worried too. Bethesda can't make a balanced SP game to save their lives, not sure how they plan on creating a balanced MP experience (which is a million times more difficult). I won't even mention the bugs, lol.

Heh, this is all very true.

Bump 05-03-2012 12:51 PM

count me in

QuikSsurfer 05-03-2012 12:57 PM

Elder Scrolls games at launch:

http://cdn.userpics.com/original/ritsa.gif

pr_capone 05-03-2012 01:26 PM

OUT.

After years of playing their games, Skyrim soured me on bethseda. I'll stick with Guild Wars 2 thank you very much.

drunkie 05-03-2012 01:26 PM

this company is known for making great games. they own id software the makers of doom am quake so they have the help to build online games. the problem is that while they make great games they are also known for making very buggy games. every game they have made have been filled with bugs. in single player you can deal with bugs a lil better but in a mmo setting you need a game that is very polished else it creates a huge mess. sadly i think this will end up a mess because of there bugs. this company is not good at weeding out the bugs well enough to make a solid mmo

Bump 05-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8591893)
this company is known for making great games. they own id software the makers of doom am quake so they have the help to build online games. the problem is that while they make great games they are also known for making very buggy games. every game they have made have been filled with bugs. in single player you can deal with bugs a lil better but in a mmo setting you need a game that is very polished else it creates a huge mess. sadly i think this will end up a mess because of there bugs. this company is not good at weeding out the bugs well enough to make a solid mmo

maybe they are aware of that and intend to polish the bugs, or maybe not...

Pants 05-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8591891)
OUT.

After years of playing their games, Skyrim soured me on bethseda. I'll stick with Guild Wars 2 thank you very much.

I watched some videos from the GW2 beta and it looked pretty cool. I wasn't a big fan of the oversimplified (almost Diablo-like) combat though.

ModSocks 05-03-2012 02:30 PM

Oh yay. I get to hear more people harass me about how "X" game is the new WoW Killer.