ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 9322814)
we're moving to the one-gap now based from our new DC system, Star barely pressures the QB at all. All of the Chiefs D-lineman picks are doomed to fail.
Just like all QB's named Matt from USC

It's more so brasher than the DC...he runs a 1 gap system.

Maybe pressure the QB isn't the right term. He is a giant dancing bear...almost flawless footwork and technique. He's gonna create a lot of push at the NFL level and he's gonna make himself some money.

RealSNR 01-15-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322817)
ROFL
1. Andy brought Brasher so a 1 gap is almost a certain. Poe will work excellent to collapse or push back the pocket.
2. Star is a very good DE/NT prospect in a 3-4. He can play UT or NT in a 4-3. Very scheme diverse...to answer number 3 yes. I actually want to pair him with Cox
3. answered...don't worry we come in peace
4. if you yell fire people will respond faster

So you agree with me, basically? I fail to see how Star is good value for us then.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9322827)
So you agree with me, basically? I fail to see how Star is good value for us then.

No i think Star is scheme diverse...he's a monster. Imagine if Poe had decent coaches in college and wasn't asked to play every position along the line and drop into coverage and actually got to learn to play DT or NT. Read my last post

Harbinger 01-15-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322826)
It's more so brasher than the DC...he runs a 1 gap system.

Maybe pressure the QB isn't the right term. He is a giant dancing bear...almost flawless footwork and technique. He's gonna create a lot of push at the NFL level and he's gonna make himself some money.

Star is useless to us, maybe not for another team, most good NT's don't get drafted at all.
We can find a true 3-4 DE/NT in the 4th round every year either via FA or the draft.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 9322862)
Star is useless to us, maybe not for another team, most good NT's don't get drafted at all.
We can find a true 3-4 DE/NT in the 4th round every year either via FA or the draft.

I think the kid is special, we'll see. There is 3 steps to building a franchise and it goes in no particular order...get a QB, protect the QB and get to the other QB.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:37 PM

btw you guys are pretty cool. Like I said I'm not high on Geno, but you guys are desperate for a QB. As a fan of the Birds, I'm not used to having a top 5 pick...and this is an crappy year to own one. I personally want Rhodes for my teams. Not at 4 though.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322892)
btw you guys are pretty cool. Like I said I'm not high on Geno, but you guys are desperate for a QB. As a fan of the Birds, I'm not used to having a top 5 pick...and this is an crappy year to own one. I personally want Rhodes for my teams. Not at 4 though.

Love you.

RealSNR 01-15-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322892)

Question:

If you could go back in time and have the Eagles pass on Donovan McNabb, would you?

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9322907)
Question:

If you could go back in time and have the Eagles pass on Donovan McNabb, would you?

Not a chance in the world...as many faults as he had he was the best QB from that draft. Andy is very good with QB's so whoever you guys get I'd expect good things from him. That's why I've touted Nassib...he's an Andy type kid. Geno would be alright I suppose. Andy likes to throw throw throw though (though with Chilly as an offensive assistant/assistant HC) that might help even things out. What's the word on you guys retaining Bowe? I could have sworn he was supposed to be a FA this year.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 9322924)
Finally in agreement? We have the 7th rank O-line with most of our starters hurt.
The O-line is set now lets get Geno, than we get prospects to complement him and then we can view how BPA works out

If Geno is who you like and who the FO likes, then I say go for it.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9322897)
Love you.

that's so sweet.....

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322945)
that's so sweet.....

Wanna go half on a baby seal?

RealSNR 01-15-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322931)
Not a chance in the world...as many faults as he had he was the best QB from that draft. Andy is very good with QB's so whoever you guys get I'd expect good things from him. That's why I've touted Nassib...he's an Andy type kid. Geno would be alright I suppose. Andy likes to throw throw throw though (though with Chilly as an offensive assistant/assistant HC) that might help even things out. What's the word on you guys retaining Bowe? I could have sworn he was supposed to be a FA this year.

Okay. Because McNabb was criticized when he was drafted for the exact same things Geno gets nailed for.
"Ehh... McNabb could have won more games. What gives?"

"Doesn't go through his progressions enough."

"He's big and black and athletic. Is he going to get injured a lot?" (the most uninformed losers will use this one)

"Doesn't appear to have "it." He's not a winner. He quits too often. How come it always looks like he's got a bad attitude?"

So you're saying if Geno Smith could have as successful a career with the Chiefs that Donovan McNabb had for the Eagles, we should take that, then?

Because with Andy Reid in town and a QB like Geno, there's absolutely no reason why Geno couldn't be that QB that Andy Reid originally had in Philly.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9322964)
Okay. Because McNabb was criticized when he was drafted for the exact same things Geno gets nailed for.
"Ehh... McNabb could have won more games. What gives?"

"Doesn't go through his progressions enough."

"He's big and black and athletic. Is he going to get injured a lot?" (the most uninformed losers will use this one)

"Doesn't appear to have "it." He's not a winner. He quits too often. How come it always looks like he's got a bad attitude?"

So you're saying if Geno Smith could have as successful a career with the Chiefs that Donovan McNabb had for the Eagles, we should take that, then?

Because with Andy Reid in town and a QB like Geno, there's absolutely no reason why Geno couldn't be that QB that Andy Reid originally had in Philly.

IDK what Andy's masterplan is for you guys...I'd venture to say it'll be Geno or Nassib if you guys draft a QB. Nassib would love playing for Reid btw...he's a local kid who grew up watching the Andy led Eagles.

He's gonna be calling the plays teaching Doug the ropes...Doug has done a pretty good job with our QB's here, so I'd like to see how he progresses for you guys.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322604)
You are nucking futs!!! N yes if Mingo actually gained the weight he says he did he'll be up there with Jordan. Moore is nice, but idk where he fits.

Okay, now that Da Face has confirmed that you are not Blackbob or Knowmo, I'll try to be a bit more reasonable in my responses.

Mingo, while impressive with his drive and ability to play through the whistle, is raw. I like the guy, but you could be getting a JPP or an Aaron Maybin with him. That's not a #1 overall pick. That's a huge boom/bust pick you make if you have a team that's solid and you can afford such a pick. And his numbers through his career are not representative of a guy who is a sure fire #1 pick.

Jordan is almost the same guy as Mingo. Raw, athletic and started to disappear when he became the focal point of the defense in 2012. His stats dropped and he wasn't the disruptive force he was in 2011. Again, not a guy you spend the #1 pick on. They are not Von Miller, and even he didn't go #1.

Moore is a tweener that is either going to have to add weight or drop it to play either end or LB in either scheme. He's most likely a 43 DE. However, he doesn't have superb instincts and ends up chasing plays rather than creating them.

Finally, Geno is definitely better at his position than Mingo, Jordan and Moore are at theirs. They are good players, but none of them have put up consistent production that would merit even a top ten pick.

The only guy who has is Jones, and he doesn't have elite speed and has a degenerative neck injury that is going to be a huge concern for any team looking at drafting him.

Quote:

I live on the west coast so I watch a lot of Utah games.
I live in Utah, and go to the Utah games.

Starlite is a very good player, but he's not the disruptive, upfield force that guys like Suh, McCoy, Dorsey and the like were at the same stage. He's immensely strong and can absolutely hold a gap like crazy. He's a 34 or 43 NT in the mold of a Vince Wilfork. And I don't know if he's that good, but that is his absolute ceiling. I'd even argue that John Hankins of Ohio State is better due to more versatility. Both are near identical players.

And the Chiefs just spent the #11 pick on basically the same type of player in Dontari Poe last season. There is not a chance in hell that he's going to the Chiefs #1, nor is he worth the #1 pick.

Quote:

What OG or even interior lineman was better than Warmak on Bama's line this year? And don't you even try to say Jones....
Easily. Jones has been a first team All-American at three different positions on the line and he was best as a guard as a sophomore (even better than his Outland Trophy winning performance at left tackle as a junior). The guy is a beast and showed as much by playing in a National Championship game on a foot that's going to require lisfranc surgery. Warmack is a good player, but he isn't as good as Jones from the same team and he isn't on the same level as DeCastro or Hudson the two previous years. He's nowhere close to being the best player in the draft and definitely not worth the #1 pick even before you factor in the fact that he plays the guard position. Even if I knew Larry Allen was going to be THE Larry Allen or Will Shield to be THE Will Shields, you still don't pick that guy top ten. It's a ****ing guard. It's a worse argument than trying to tell people that Manti Te'o is worth the #1 pick.

Quote:

I agree that Matthews was the best OL on A&M though.
And that's why Joeckel isn't worth a #1. He's the best OT prospect in this class, theoretically, but it's a weak class and he's not on the same level as previous top players at his position. Add to that that he's going to require intensive retraining due to the system and the QB he's had to work with.

And he's still not as good at his position as Geno has been at his.

Geno's body of work is stellar. That he didn't win more his senior year is most definitely not on him due to a defensive unit that gave up an average of 47.6 points per game in their six losses. Geno did all he could and carried that team. And he's got a BCS MVP game under his belt from his junior season. The stats are identical/better than both Luck and Griffin, the two "superstar, can't miss prospects" from last year. And the amazing thing is that Geno's stats against Top 25 teams are even better than what he put up against the rest. He's got all the tools. Prototype size. Experience.

The only thing that Geno is going up against in terms of not being the consensus #1 in this draft is Luck, Griffin and Wilson and the success they had in the NFL this season. He's a better prospect than every QB that has gone in the top ten in the past 10 years other than a guy named Luck. Tell me that Tannehill, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Russell, Young, Leinhardt, Sanchez, or Smith are a better pro prospect coming out, had better tools and a better career than Geno Smith at the same stage. They aren't. And no one had problems with those guys getting picked in the top ten or even #1 overall. Yet Geno as the #1 overall is bringing out the uneducated masses from the woodwork like a plague of silverfish.

However, there seems to be a general consensus around here with the more astute posters that Geno is the guy. I've never seen that before either.

I think I'm going with Group #2 on this one versus the horde of silverfish.