ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Not a Humblebrag, but interesting thing just happened... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274200)

ottawa_chiefs_fan 06-30-2013 05:14 PM

good for you - what a ****ed-up world

listopencil 06-30-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9785023)
Wow. That's crazy. 7-8 YO wearing a diaper and can't talk?

WTF?

Good on you buddy.

This. Good thing you were in the right place at the right time.

listopencil 06-30-2013 05:41 PM

I eagerly await the parody thread.

griZZly64 06-30-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9785108)
Pretty cool. Nice work.

I'm curious, though. How do you get certified in putting a child in a "child protective hold"? For your final exam, do they have midgets run around a courtyard while you try to catch them?

My lady works in child psychology. If they go "hands on" they have to know how to correctly put them in a hold. It's lame, I know. If you don't do it as you're trained I guess they can label it child abuse or something. Even if they sink their teeth into you as hard as they can you gotta follow your training.

Fairplay 06-30-2013 07:17 PM

But did you quit smoking

Rain Man 06-30-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griZZly64 (Post 9785390)
My lady works in child psychology. If they go "hands on" they have to know how to correctly put them in a hold. It's lame, I know. If you don't do it as you're trained I guess they can label it child abuse or something. Even if they sink their teeth into you as hard as they can you gotta follow your training.

If you use a Figure 4 leglock I bet they can't get their teeth close enough to bite you. However, children are limber and I'm not certified, so I could be wrong.

Bwana 06-30-2013 07:36 PM

Well played.

Sully 06-30-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9785108)
Pretty cool. Nice work.

I'm curious, though. How do you get certified in putting a child in a "child protective hold"? For your final exam, do they have midgets run around a courtyard while you try to catch them?

That would be a hell of a lot more fun.

Sully 06-30-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griZZly64 (Post 9785390)

I was turned in to the state by a student and his grandma for child abuse this past school year. Luckily, I had done everything by "the book" as far as hands on went, and had plenty of witnesses. That doesn't mean I wasn't scared shitless during the investigation and interview process, though.
It also helps that this kid wayyy overplayed his hand, complained of nonexistent injuries and damages, and that our school resource officer was present the entire time my restraint of him was taking place. I'll be honest, though, when I got that letter from the state, I seriously wished I had actually done the things he accused me of. That's some career ending shit, if it hasn't gone my way.

Deberg_1990 06-30-2013 09:43 PM

Great job bro.

8/9 years old in a diaper???

DaFace 06-30-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9785656)
Great job bro.

8/9 years old in a diaper???

Gotta be some sort of special needs kid.

Sully 06-30-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9785662)
Gotta be some sort of special needs kid.

She definitely was.
I saw no signs of abuse. She was clean, her hair was nice, she didn't seem malnourished or anything.
I suspect that she either lives here in the neighborhood or was at a relative's house, had been out down for a nap, and "escaped."
She had no communication skills other than grunting and yelling, and was trying to bite.
I really wish I knew the conclusion of the story. It's gonna eat at me for a while.

DaFace 06-30-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9785670)
She definitely was.
I saw no signs of abuse. She was clean, her hair was nice, she didn't seem malnourished or anything.
I suspect that she either lives here in the neighborhood or was at a relative's house, had been out down for a nap, and "escaped."
She had no communication skills other than grunting and yelling, and was trying to bite.
I really wish I knew the conclusion of the story. It's gonna eat at me for a while.

Could you just call the police station and ask?

Sully 06-30-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9785673)
Could you just call the police station and ask?

I guess I could. I just assume they can't give out that info, especially involving a minor.

Just Passin' By 06-30-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9785670)
She definitely was.

If you know what station the cops were from, you can go down there and tell them who you are. They might be willing to give you some answers.