ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Lollapalooza 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285395)

rico 07-31-2014 05:43 PM

Lollapalooza 2014

Anyone else going? I'll be there all weekend. Pretty pumped to see Outkast and Spoon....will probably hit Arctic Monkeys instead of Eminem....saw Eminem at Lolla 3 years ago...it was "meh." A bunch of preach, yelling and screaming. Do any of you who have seen the lineup have any recommendations for me in terms of who to see? I am unfamiliar with a lot of the supporting acts.

NewChief 07-31-2014 06:10 PM

Chance the rapper, Portugal. The man, Jenny Lewis, head and the heart, trombone shorty.

rico 07-31-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10787084)
Chance the rapper, Portugal. The man, Jenny Lewis, head and the heart, trombone shorty.

Cool, thanks bud!

NewChief 07-31-2014 06:36 PM

Check out Chance the Rapper's EP Acidrap on soundcloud if you get a chance. The head and the heart albums are also awesome. They're very uplifting live.

Coochie liquor 07-31-2014 06:53 PM

Rebelution above all would be my choice! Amazing reggae rock mix, they're awesome. John Butler Trio, I've heard Avett Brothers are good, but am unfamiliar with them. RAC, Trombone Shorty, Vance Joy, maybe Lords, nas, and Fitz and the Tantrums. Def catch REBELUTION!! The bass will blow you away!!

rico 07-31-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10787213)
Rebelution above all would be my choice! Amazing reggae rock mix, they're awesome. John Butler Trio, I've heard Avett Brothers are good, but am unfamiliar with them. RAC, Trombone Shorty, Vance Joy, maybe Lords, nas, and Fitz and the Tantrums. Def catch REBELUTION!! The bass will blow you away!!

I freaking love Rebelution...caught them a couple years ago. That is definitely going to be a "can't miss" for us this weekend. I love a lot of their shot, especially "suffering" and "lazy afternoon."

rico 07-31-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10787159)
Check out Chance the Rapper's EP Acidrap on soundcloud if you get a chance. The head and the heart albums are also awesome. They're very uplifting live.

Cool, will do.

rico 07-31-2014 06:58 PM

What's this Trombone Shorty band all about?

NewChief 07-31-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10787240)
What's this Trombone Shorty band all about?

New Orleans brass band dude that's made it big and is kind of the new face of New Orleans brass though he does a lot more genres than just traditional brass band music.

rico 07-31-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10787335)
New Orleans brass band dude that's made it big and is kind of the new face of New Orleans brass though he does a lot more genres than just traditional brass band music.

Interesting!

KChiefer 07-31-2014 11:11 PM

Outside of the main headliners, I'd want to see Jenny Lewis, NAS, Warpaint, Broken Bells, and Interpol in that order. That's also the only bands I know and listen to outside of the headliners. Have fun out there!

On a side note, I just got around to listening to St Vincent. Man, she's bad ass!

PS: Oh yeah, I know this band from the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack, I'd like to catch them playing this song but don't know anything else about them...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vN7HQrgakZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor 08-01-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10787235)
I freaking love Rebelution...caught them a couple years ago. That is definitely going to be a "can't miss" for us this weekend. I love a lot of their shot, especially "suffering" and "lazy afternoon."

Yeah we're def on the same page with Rebelution! If you dig them here's a short list o other bands you might wanna check out. None are playing Lollapalooza, but def worth a listen in your spare time.
The Green
Aaron Kamm and the One Drops (very cool mix of St Louis blues and reggae)
Arden Park Roots
Tribal Seeds
Bumpin Uglies
Thrive!
Katastro
Ashes of Babylon
77 Jefferson (KC's coolest band IMO)
There's tons more. Hit me up if you dig those, I can send you music via email, or real mail! I try to spread that reggae vibe every chance I get!

rico 08-01-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 10787837)
Outside of the main headliners, I'd want to see Jenny Lewis, NAS, Warpaint, Broken Bells, and Interpol in that order. That's also the only bands I know and listen to outside of the headliners. Have fun out there!

On a side note, I just got around to listening to St Vincent. Man, she's bad ass!

PS: Oh yeah, I know this band from the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack, I'd like to catch them playing this song but don't know anything else about them...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vN7HQrgakZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks dude!

rico 08-01-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10787917)
Yeah we're def on the same page with Rebelution! If you dig them here's a short list o other bands you might wanna check out. None are playing Lollapalooza, but def worth a listen in your spare time.
The Green
Aaron Kamm and the One Drops (very cool mix of St Louis blues and reggae)
Arden Park Roots
Tribal Seeds
Bumpin Uglies
Thrive!
Katastro
Ashes of Babylon
77 Jefferson (KC's coolest band IMO)
There's tons more. Hit me up if you dig those, I can send you music via email, or real mail! I try to spread that reggae vibe every chance I get!

I'll check them out for sure!!! Are they in the genre that includes the likes of Sublime, Iration, Revolution, Dirty Heads, etc. Thanks for the recommendations, dudely.

Coochie liquor 08-01-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10788262)
I'll check them out for sure!!! Are they in the genre that includes the likes of Sublime, Iration, Revolution, Dirty Heads, etc. Thanks for the recommendations, dudely.

Yes, it's reggae mixed with different types of music. Love all those bands you listed as well, they're just a little more well known than the ones I suggested!