ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electronics Electric razor preference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269480)

Silock 08-15-2014 05:37 AM

As long as you soak the brush for a minute or two, it's going to be fine. I usually fill the sink up with hot water before my shower and drop the brush in there. I also use a little tea tree oil we had on hand as a pre-shave oil. Really helps a lot.

rockymtnchief 08-15-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10819906)
and for a bowl?

I use an old coffee mug. It's the perfect size for my soap and the soap doesn't move around when I'm building up the lather.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10819923)
As long as you soak the brush for a minute or two, it's going to be fine. I usually fill the sink up with hot water before my shower and drop the brush in there. I also use a little tea tree oil we had on hand as a pre-shave oil. Really helps a lot.

I like mine REALLY hot. I get the water hot, heat the outside of my mug with the hot water and then add hot water to my soap. I found that if I just add hot water to my room temp mug, it gets cooled down too much for my liking.

The soap/brush technique is the best feeling and least harsh on my neck.

htismaqe 08-15-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10819900)
Cartridge razors are probably the worst. There are too many blades, and they're not even as CLOSE to as sharp as the worst safety razor blade. More blades means more irritation.

This.

Had a really bad problem with ingrown hairs once and the dermatologist said all men should know this:

1. NO electric razors.

2. If your razor has more than 2 blades, it's doing more harm than good.

mikeyis4dcats. 08-15-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10819892)
Well they discontinued all the parts for this razor so when my blades are done I won't have a choice but to buy a new razor. Great choice on my part. LMAO but I can sure buy the RQ12 replacement blades by the razor brokers for $250 ROFL

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelc...p_ob_title_hpc

mikeyis4dcats. 08-15-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10819909)
I forgot how much I hate Amazon and their damn ordering rules. The soap is an add on item and my order isn't enough. Then one item is shipped by amazon while the other are free shipping from the actual seller so I can't get free shipping on that one item. off to ebay I go. LMAO

you always gotta check the sidebar Rod, that soap was available froma 3rd party for 14 cents less with free shipping

srvy 08-15-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cron912 (Post 9363998)
I've tried several Norelco and Braun shaver, and none ever worked well for me. Then I got a Panasonic Wet/Dry shaver, and it's the best electric I've used.

This isn't the same one I have, but it's similar.

Link

I can vouch for the Panny foil wet dry. After years of using Remington and Norelco rotary this winter I bought a Panny. The thing is sweet. I had always used Electric Shave preshave. I tried the wet with a little shave cream walla its the only way to go. Clean up is a breeze, just rinse under water and shake it out. Like all electrics use will have a flyer that just wont cut I pull out the bic disposable hit it and good to go. Note with the Panny foil don't rub to hard let the shaver do the work and u wont get a burn.

L.A. Chieffan 08-15-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10819904)
I bought that Rick from Pawn Stars razor.

And.....

Dayze 08-15-2014 09:48 AM

I need to try some of those razors and soap mentioned earlier. On of the main reasons I have a goatee is because my face would get ****ed up from shaving everyday. It was brutal. By I was using a pos electric and cheap razors. And I refuse to pay the reeruned amount of money for the cartridge razors. I don't grow enough (NTTAWWT) to shave every day and I don't shave on weekends so a good razor should last me a while.

007 08-15-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10820044)
you always gotta check the sidebar Rod, that soap was available froma 3rd party for 14 cents less with free shipping

something must have changed becuase when I was looking last night there were no other options for that particular soap on the sidebar. doesn't matter. I found it on Ebay cheaper.