ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   RIP EVIL KINEVAL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175667)

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Have you watched "When We Were Kings"?

No, I haven't. What's it about?

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Fabuous documentary. I loved the parts where the people from Zaire were flocking around Ali and totally ignoring Foreman.

Unquestionably, Ali was the greatest of all times.

FAX

I'd seen the fight years ago but I saw a lot more this time. While on the ropes he landed a hard left jab that rocked Foreman's head back. When his head came forward Ali did it again. A total of three times. Like he was hitting a speed bag. Unbelievably quick.

boogblaster 11-30-2007 07:52 PM

RIP EVIL.. Daredevil and showman ... Could fly-a-bike .....

FAX 11-30-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'd seen the fight years ago but I saw a lot more this time. While on the ropes he landed a hard left jab that rocked Foreman's head back. When his head came forward Ali did it again. A total of three times. Like he was hitting a speed bag. Unbelievably quick.

When you go back and look at some of Ali's early fights, his speed is unbelievable for his size, Mr. Skip Towne. ESPN(some number) has been showing quite a few of his fights on their Classic Boxing program.

In those fights, his opponents virtually appear as though they are fighting in slow motion. Literally. There will never be another Ali. You have to wonder what we missed due to those government bastards taking away his freedom to fight duing his prime ass kicking years.

FAX

HonestChieffan 11-30-2007 08:09 PM

I had him picked as our kicker for the Jax game. So much for that.

MTG#10 11-30-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel
Well, it IS a sad day for me. Not like I was personally attached to the guy, I've just been a fan and collector for a long time.
He was a ballsy mo-fo right up until the day he died.

R.I.P Evel 11-30-07

Well look at it this way - your collection probably just doubled in value. :)

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
When you go back and look at some of Ali's early fights, his speed is unbelievable for his size, Mr. Skip Towne. ESPN(some number) has been showing quite a few of his fights on their Classic Boxing program.

In those fights, his opponents virtually appear as though they are fighting in slow motion. Literally. There will never be another Ali. You have to wonder what we missed due to those government bastards taking away his freedom to fight duing his prime ass kicking years.

FAX

I agree. And nobody would give him a license to fight even though he was never convicted of anything. Why didn't he sue their asses off?

FAX 11-30-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

I agree. And nobody would give him a license to fight even though he was never convicted of anything. Why didn't he sue their asses off?

Actually, the way I understood it, he was convicted of failing to respond to induction into the armed forces or some such (the Conscientious Objection thing), Mr. Skip Towne. The case against him went to the Supreme Court and was upheld as I recall. Can you sue the federal government for damages? If so, please let me know so I can get in line.

I don't remember all the details, but it seems like he eventually got a fight in Georgia or somewhere (Quarry?) and then the courts changed their mind, allowed his appeal to proceed, and the feds just basically dropped the whole thing. By that time, nobody was interested in going to Vietnam. He got screwed.

FAX

stevieray 11-30-2007 08:45 PM

stop hijacking Evel's thread...

damn skip, you've done this before, just start your own Ali thread...

I'm sure it will reach a hundy... ;)

FAX 11-30-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray

That's my bad, I think. Sorry, Mr. stevieray.

FAX

Skip Towne 11-30-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray

Give me a link where I've done this before.

stumppy 11-30-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
That's my bad, I think. Sorry, Mr. stevieray.

FAX

While we're on the subject of "your bad" why haven't you contributed one of your famous poems dedicated to Evil ? Huh ? Huh ? You'd think the childhood hero of so many planeteers would be deserving of one.

stevieray 11-30-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Give me a link where I've done this before.

you've always been a big proponent of MA...and with good reason...and if my memory is incorrect..my bad..just don't ask me to write a poem..

..still, Evel deserves better, IMO..

Demonpenz 11-30-2007 09:19 PM

today on cheap seats they had the evel one

C-Mac 11-30-2007 09:33 PM

Yes....I proudly owned these and the scars.
RIP EK

http://www.allauthentic.com/images/p...1171150722.jpg

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/geni...keasy/evel.gif