ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Egoli and the Kansas City Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263819)

htismaqe 09-17-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8920540)
I was so happy that we were turning the page and ridding ourselves of Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards that I didn't think twice about the Pioli hiring. All I really knew is that he was touted highly as a strong GM candidate and he came from a successful organization. At first it looked promising with Weis and Crennel at their coordinator positions, but then Cinderella turned back into a pumpkin. His drafts were weak and Pioli failed at building on the small amount of good that was already in place. Time and time again, his weak drafts and failure to recognize the problem at the QB position has come to bite our team in the ass yet again.

Right there with you. ::toast:

dirk digler 09-17-2012 11:13 AM

jwhit good to see you back. You were right and I was wrong.

Stewie 09-17-2012 11:14 AM

Jason, you were right.

We, as fans, were hoping that the future was brighter with this management in place. When the candy wrapper thing came to light and Chiefs' "non-football" employees with must-have drawn blinds I just rolled my eyes. WTF is up with that BS?

L.A. Chieffan 09-17-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8920438)

He admits it on here that he thought the same as Clark when Pioli first got here.

Bowser 09-17-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhit (Post 8920419)
I'm not gloating. This is sad. Kansas City deserves leadership that lives in Kansas City. Absentee owner allows GM's ego to undermine the franchise.

Whitlock

Clark is 27-55 since he became acting owner, or chairman, or whatever, in 2007. One fluke division title, one beat down at home in the playoffs. Just flat unacceptable.

The 2010 season was absolutley the worst thing that could have happened to this team. Everyone bought in that we had actually turned the corner, or were starting to. I know I did. I was very wrong. Evidently Pioli won Executive of the Year by NOT being allowed to roam free and act according to his whims. That would be the influenece of working under Belichick. I think it's safe to say that Pioli needs someone there to reign him in when he lines up to do something not in the best interests of the club.

You were right from the start. I didn't believe you back then, but I should have. Would have saved a few years of frustration.

Molitoth 09-17-2012 11:19 AM

jwhit help us!

expose this franchise nationally!!

Hammock Parties 09-17-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8920619)
jwhit help us!

expose this franchise nationally!!

We're on MNF in 6 weeks! :evil:

BossChief 09-17-2012 11:21 AM

Jason, it's nice to see you popping in again.

We (as a collective group) have been discussing ways to get this word out louder that us fans want change from the top down from this regime.

If we start a website to do such, would you help us promote it?

L.A. Chieffan 09-17-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8920623)
We're on MNF in 6 weeks! :evil:

America is going to fall in love with Matty "Ice" Cassell.

Sorry if I stole that adoring nickname from you Clay

Black Bob 09-17-2012 11:22 AM

It will be interesting to see if he writes about the Chiefs. They are pretty irrelevent on the national scale. I hope he writes about them but I don't think anyone really cares guys.

L.A. Chieffan 09-17-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8920629)
Jason, it's nice to see you popping in again.

We (as a collective group) have been discussing ways to get this word out louder that us fans want change from the top down from this regime.

If we start a website to do such, would you help us promote it?

Only if free Gates is involved

KCFalcon59 09-17-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8920544)
The article that needs to be written is one analyzing Pioli's bizarre infatuation with Matt Cassel. Pioli's tenure here has been defined by Matt Cassel. A coach got fired over him, only reason Crennel was hired is that he would accept the guy as a starter, and despite having the worst stats of any full-time starter over the last 3 years, Pioli essentially brought in no competition for Cassel after claiming he would. Pioli's need to be proven right regarding Cassel transcends ego - it's ****ing serious mental illness.

This ∞!

Bugeater 09-17-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8920453)
I love how Whit shows up and is immediately berated with insults. LMAO

No shit, we have a prominent media member who is completely on our side, and we're going to trash him?

Bowser 09-17-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8920635)
No shit, we have a prominent media member who is completely on our side, and we're going to trash him?

*insert the haters gonna hate picture here*

htismaqe 09-17-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8920635)

He has a "history" here.

It's not all that surprising really.