ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

58kcfan89 01-06-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 7317176)
Blown away by Natalie Portman in Black Swan. The red eyes at the end of the movie were hella cool.

I'm guessing/hoping that she's up for some type of award.

Agreed. Just got back from it, thought Portman was great & really enjoyed the movie.

CoMoChief 01-06-2011 01:57 AM

http://watch-movies-az.com/

this is a pretty good site that streams movies. takes a while for it to load, but i usually just pause it let it load and come back later and 1/2 of it will be loaded, then by the time i watch it through the whole movie is loaded.

I usually choose the videoweed link to watch the movies at. No pop ups and it seems legit. If anyone knows of a better site let me know. This site usually keeps up to date with the newest releases. Not the best quality at times, but it beats the hell out of paying $8 or so to buy a ticket at the theatres.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7325462)
http://watch-movies-az.com/

this is a pretty good site that streams movies. takes a while for it to load, but i usually just pause it let it load and come back later and 1/2 of it will be loaded, then by the time i watch it through the whole movie is loaded.

I usually choose the videoweed link to watch the movies at. No pop ups and it seems legit. If anyone knows of a better site let me know. This site usually keeps up to date with the newest releases. Not the best quality at times, but it beats the hell out of paying $8 or so to buy a ticket at the theatres.

It's providing links to pirates. True Grit isn't available anywhere but the theater right now, so if you're watching it online, you're watching it illegally.

blaise 01-06-2011 08:14 AM

I don't know why people want to watch crummy quality movies anyway. Isn't it worth it to pay a few dollars and watch it the way it's supposed to be?

patteeu 01-06-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7325580)
I don't know why people want to watch crummy quality movies anyway. Isn't it worth it to pay a few dollars and watch it the way it's supposed to be?

All too often IMO, the answer is "no". Of course, in those cases, it's often not worth watching in poor quality formats either.

blaise 01-06-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7325805)
All too often IMO, the answer is "no". Of course, in those cases, it's often not worth watching in poor quality formats either.

When I see a movie it's almost always from a Red Box or I go online and reserve it at the library and get it for free. But, I'm very cheap and waiting doesn't really bother me.

The Franchise 01-06-2011 10:49 AM

Cyrus was ****ing dumb.

jiveturkey 01-06-2011 10:54 AM

Spend $1500 on LCD TV - check
Download shitty hand held bootleg movies - check
Go full reerun - check

Chiefs Rool 01-06-2011 12:09 PM

watched this movie called Frozen on netflix instant. It was an entertaining psych thriller about 3 college students who begged to take one last ski run before the place closed for a week and the guy forgot about them and shut off the ski lift while they were still on it and too high to jump and some scenes that make you go "OOOH" and you can feel that situation would be awful. Nothing spectacular, but worth a watch.

patteeu 01-06-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7325885)
When I see a movie it's almost always from a Red Box or I go online and reserve it at the library and get it for free. But, I'm very cheap and waiting doesn't really bother me.

That's me too. We watch a lot of movies, but they're almost all from Netflix or the library. On the rare occasion that I see a movie in the theater, I usually come out wishing I'd waited for the Netflix release because of the enjoyment/dollar_spent factor.

QuikSsurfer 01-06-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool (Post 7326064)
watched this movie called Frozen on netflix instant. It was an entertaining psych thriller about 3 college students who begged to take one last ski run before the place closed for a week and the guy forgot about them and shut off the ski lift while they were still on it and too high to jump and some scenes that make you go "OOOH" and you can feel that situation would be awful. Nothing spectacular, but worth a watch.

Me and my lady friend watched this last night based on it's 4 1/2 star review.

Maybe 2 stars, IMO -- we were both very disappointed.

KcMizzou 01-06-2011 09:26 PM

"The Fighter" was excellent. Enjoyed that us much as any movie I've seen in a long time.

There's a lot more depth to it than most sports movies.

Chiefs Rool 01-07-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7326541)
Me and my lady friend watched this last night based on it's 4 1/2 star review.

Maybe 2 stars, IMO -- we were both very disappointed.

It's one of those mindlessly entertaining movies, just my type. But I gave it 3/5

Sure-Oz 01-09-2011 12:03 AM

Watching "Silent Hill" on scyfy what a ****in wack movie...

never played the games

noa 01-09-2011 12:13 AM

Caught up on movies the past few days. Watched Winter's Bone (very, very good in many ways), Leaves of Grass (meh, despite Edward Norton), The Ghost Writer (liked it more than I expected I would, but it was predictable), and Easy A (very enjoyable, would recommend for some light viewing).