ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

Prison Bitch 12-05-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9183487)
The 2003 KSU Wildcats weren't the Big 12 football champions. Oklahoma was the champion, and KSU was the team that won the conference championship game, I guess.

Bill Self now has 13 League championships in 9 seasons.

SupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSuperman

TrebMaxx 12-05-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9183422)
Taking it a step further into the post season ncaa tourney is apples and oranges. Mu fans are basically arguing that you can win a conference championship by winning 1 conf game, and then running the table in the conference tournament and be called conference champions.

Just a little mind game they want to play...something that makes them feel better about the choke job of a season they had last year. Sucks getting Bucknell'd out of a tournament....you ****ers deserved every god damn bit of that.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH IM MAD NOW!!!!!!!!!

I was just asking...ROFL

Saul Good 12-05-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9183519)
Bill Self now has 13 League championships in 9 seasons.

SupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSupermanSuperman

No. He has some regular season championships and some conference championships.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9183561)
No. He has some regular season championships and some conference championships.

Right. 8 regular, and 5 tourneys = 13 total. I think we're saying the same thing.

CoMoChief 12-05-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9183487)
The 2003 KSU Wildcats weren't the Big 12 football champions. Oklahoma was the champion, and KSU was the team that won the conference championship game, I guess.

lol grasping at straws

Spott 12-05-2012 07:15 PM

You all should get a room.

KChiefs1 12-06-2012 12:02 AM

When is Jabari Brown's first game?

Priest31kc 12-06-2012 12:06 AM

^ December 17th against South Carolina St...

DJ's left nut 12-08-2012 03:29 PM

Pressy's looking a lot like English did in his junior year.

He's trying way too hard to impress scouts and not focusing enough on making smart plays. The long-jumpers and contested 3s way too early in the shot clock are driving me nuts. Worse still is that he's become something of a ball-stopper and is overdribbling like crazy.

He's not playing well right now. Bowers is carrying these guys.

Saul Good 12-08-2012 03:41 PM

Oriakhi with 10 rebounds and 15 points on 7 shots

O.city 12-08-2012 03:54 PM

How are the transfers playing? Only have been able to watch about 5 mins of the Louisville game

petegz28 12-08-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9189997)
How are the transfers playing? Only have been able to watch about 5 mins of the Louisville game

Still no chemistry really.

Saul Good 12-08-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Oriakhi took over in the second half.

DJ's left nut 12-08-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Ross is like watching a TE try to play basketball and Bell seems to struggle mightily with his focus. Criswell struggles to finish and has got to keep holding the ball low, it keeps getting knocked out.

They all just seems lacking in the raw 'skill' department. You can see how heavily we were going to rely on Dixon's offensive skills to complement these guys. Hopefully Brown is as good as advertised because we desperately need more offensive punch and I don't see these guys providing it.

Scott Pilgrim 12-08-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9183416)
What's funny is that saul tries to stir something into the equation that doesn't even matter.

Does winning the Big12 Conference Championship give you an automatic birth? - No it doesn't....but then again no team from the power conferences has ever won their league conf. championship and not gotten into the tournament. And that's all it is anyways...it's a stamp into the dance. Who cares? I know who cares....bubble teams or teams that have 1 last win at all costs type of run that would leapfrog them into the dance in which otherwise they wouldn't have been had they lost the rd 1 game....which in the past Missouri teams have been that kind of team so I guess I understand the logic behind this thinking.

Does winning the post season conference tournament championship give you an auto bid to the NCAA tournament? Yes...it does.

Remember that great 1993-94 MU season? They went undefeated in conference and WON THE BIG8 TITLE. Then lost in the Big8 conference tournament in the semi final round. Did they win the Big8 conference that season? Yes.

Actually that is wrong. Washington last year won the Pac 12 and didnt get into the NCAA tournament