ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Need some prayers for our family. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196511)

El Jefe 11-11-2008 10:53 AM

Need some prayers for our family.

It's kind of a long story so I will do my best to give you an idea of what has taken place. This all has to do with my Aunt and two cousins. She is on her third marriage right now, and it has pretty much ended, and it was ugly. This isn't the first time this has happened either with her. Her second marriage was a good marriage for a long time, but it went horribly wrong, and it was a very bad time for everyone involved. My ex-uncle had been cheating on her, and being a very bad father. They lived about 4-5 miles from where we lived and I spent a lot of time with my cousins, babysitting, wrestling, playing basketball etc etc. Well he got very bold with his cheating and the marriage just went down the crapper, and they got divorced. It was bad, she was trying to get out as fast as possible, my dad and myself were moving all their belongings as fast as possible into a U-Haul to avoid an altercation with him. Well he came, and we had to call the police, and they supervised the process, and they were fighting over things she was taking, and both my cousins were very violent and very distraught.

Well we got them moved out, and into an apartment a decent ways away. My oldest cousin is the cousin that I am closest with, we hung out a lot and are very much alike. Before they moved into that apartment they lived with us in our house for two months until she could get her feet under her, it was very difficult too deal with, my cousins were very moody. My ex-uncle was very sneaky, when the boys would go over to his place, he would steal their stuff and he was selling it, and lying to them about him never seeing it. Well I would drive and babysit them on friday night and saturday till my Aunt got back, and my oldest cousin, tried to jump off their 3rd floor balcony, and was trying to stab himself with a butcher knife, all while I was watching him, he was 8 years old at the time. He has been to a Dr. for those problems many times, I feel so bad for the kid, he has had a very rough life. His mom doesn't like being a parent so they pretty much raise themselves, and to compensate she would buy them things, and she has filed bankruptcy 3 times, and she has a very good job, she just doesn't know how to budget her money.

Anyway, long story short (too late), she got remarried, and no one really approved of him, but she is almost 40 she is an adult so that was her choice, we never even really knew the guy. Well it was doomed from the start, my cousin was getting into some physical altercations with him, my cousin is in his second year in high school, and he is small, but his step dad is about 6'2 350lbs. It came to a head last night and they split and are living with us again. This time though my younger cousin chose to stay with his step dad. This family has just been torn apart, my aunt has not made good decisions and my older cousin has paid, and his mental psyche is not good. I had to lock up all my knives, and gun ammo, just in case. I would appreciate some prayers for this family, I hate to see this happen to kids, and my cousin has been very messed up by the things in the past, and now it is happening again. It's torn my cousins apart, they are brothers, and they really hate each other.

chasedude 11-11-2008 11:48 AM

My parents were verbally abusive to each other for 10+ years before they decided to split. It was tough for my brother and I growing up. Once I was able to drive and bought my own car I didn't stick around much to see the rest of it. After their divorce my Dad told me he stuck around for us kids. I told him that was a stupid decision and that I thought they should have split earlier for my brother and I.

Ironically I think this has made me gun shy about marriage, so I've never been. My brother just turned 30 and he's already working on his first divorce.

It's taken me along time to build amends for my parents and they still complain about each other after 15 years divorced. I see my dad and he complains about what my mother did 20 years ago. One of these days I'll tell him to shut up and get over it.

It's a shame kids get carried through the divorce right along with the parents. Often the parents are so obsessed with the hate for the other spouse the kids get stuck in the middle.

If I ever see a therapist someday, nevermind... That's too expensive. I'll just let it out on the planet, it's free!

Tell your Cousins to hang in there, someday they'll be old enough to break away from that shit.