ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life any of you try to beat strep throat without going to the Dr? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264691)

Scorp 10-05-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 8979807)
Acouple years back I had surgery cause I thought I could beat strep.

Damn.......they removed your throat? :bolt:

Al Bundy 10-05-2012 04:02 PM

Stay the **** away from my side of the complex.

Abba-Dabba 10-05-2012 04:03 PM

Why would you not want to go to the doctor? Is it because the minimal time it may take out of the day, or another reason?

Antibiotics will make you feel 100x better in 24-48hrs than any homeopathic method will. The amount of time you would feel worse with a homeopathic course of action is much greater than if you just spent the small amount of time getting a prescription antibiotic.

considering the amount of damage strep can create in your body, and I'm talking lifelong damage to your body. Do the right thing, see the damn doctor.

Mother****erJones 10-05-2012 04:04 PM

Stop blowing large c**ks! lol jk man

htismaqe 10-05-2012 04:07 PM

My mother-in-law ended up with an abscess on the brain due to a strep infection that was treated in a timely fashion.

She spent nearly 6 months in the hospital, nearly 6 more months in a wheelchair, and had to re-learn to walk and talk again afterwards.

Go to the ****ing doctor.

BigMeatballDave 10-05-2012 04:11 PM

I've had strep a few times. Never went to the Dr., I just let it pass.

But then, I rarely get sick. My immune system is pretty rock solid.

wheeler08 10-05-2012 04:13 PM

I had it last week and it was the worst week ever. I went to urgent care, INS paid for that, then got a Zpack at CVS for $10 and I was better in a few days. Saltwater did help. Drank hot tea too. But it lasted almost a week.

CHENZ A! 10-05-2012 05:49 PM

Shit. I just got home, sorry. Thanks for the replies!

Here's the deal, my tonsils are a little swollen and have a few white specs on them. My body aches, my neck hurts a little, and I feel kind of weak. It's a little bit difficult to breathe, but not horrible, just not normal. It's also difficult to swallow.

I don't have a fever. I haven't been coughing up anything. My sinuses are completely fine. Lymph nodes might be a little swollen but not too bad.

I've been gargling salt water a couple times a day since yesterday, and it has helped. The thing is, I really don't feel that bad yet. What's freaking me out is the swollen tonsils and the white specs on them. Also I've talked to Ask a Nurse and they said that some people don't get fevers when they have strep throat but it's still dangerous.

Scorp 10-05-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8980158)
Shit. I just got home, sorry. Thanks for the replies!

Here's the deal, my tonsils are a little swollen and have a few white specs on them. My body aches, my neck hurts a little, and I feel kind of weak. It's a little bit difficult to breathe, but not horrible, just not normal. It's also difficult to swallow.

I don't have a fever. I haven't been coughing up anything. My sinuses are completely fine. Lymph nodes might be a little swollen but not too bad.

I've been gargling salt water a couple times a day since yesterday, and it has helped. The thing is, I really don't feel that bad yet. What's freaking me out is the swollen tonsils and the white specs on them. Also I've talked to Ask a Nurse and they said that some people don't get fevers when they have strep throat but it's still dangerous.

You have syphilis!

CHENZ A! 10-05-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8979842)
But then, I rarely get sick. My immune system is pretty rock solid.

Same here. I take pretty good care of myself, aside from binge drinking a few times a month. I haven't been sick in a LONG time. I forgot how much it sucks.

Gonzo 10-05-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979788)
Gargle with hot salt water. Frequently. Drink tea (green, white, etc.) that is heavy in antioxidants. Take lots of C and E ... especially E.

FAX

This and ibuprofen for the inflammation.

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:54 PM

You shouldn't have been sucking on that AIDS cactus...
Posted via Mobile Device

CHENZ A! 10-05-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 8980171)
You have syphilis!

you have syphilis

Scorp 10-05-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8980205)
you have syphilis

drip...drip...drip :deevee:

Bugeater 10-05-2012 05:59 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyl4mtP0XC1qewrwz.jpg