ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Broncos blogger's take on the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276504)

ReynardMuldrake 09-21-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10006244)
Where IAOFM fails to realize is the other teams KC played turned the ball over and played rather crappy football. Wow, just wow. This is not hard stuff to understand. But whatever, if you like that site, then keep soaking it up because apparently, that's all you got.

What an amazing coincidence that all the teams KC has played so far have had multiple turnovers. Since forcing turnovers is simply the luck of the draw and has NOTHING AT ALL to do with things like talent, coaching, and technique on defense. We have been just so lucky every week. We need to find a rabbits foot or something to get us some more turnovers!

Mother****erJones 09-22-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

wtf are you talking about? Tons of fans were pissed the Shanny got axed, especially right after drafting Cutler and having a productive offense. And fans like myself wanted a defensive minded HC, not a offenses minded HC like McD.

Dude, the McD hire was far from popular. The very fact you are disputing this tells me you don't know what you are talking about. I read the posted article by IAOFM and it doesn't take a genius to acknowledge the defense is good. I've been saying that the defense is good. big deal.

Where IAOFM fails to realize is the other teams KC played turned the ball over and played rather crappy football. Wow, just wow. This is not hard stuff to understand. But whatever, if you like that site, then keep soaking it up because apparently, that's all you got.

You're ****ing pathetic. We've taken the ball away. Look at Vicks INTs. We read them and took it.

splatbass 09-22-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manila-Chief (Post 10005335)
Also, this is a new coaching staff/new offense ... give it a few weeks and things will be better in tune.

Yeah, I actually expected them to struggle more for the first few games because of the new coaches/new systems. I expected 1-2 at this point, so I'm very pleased. I guess at the start of training camp when Reid said the team was farther along than he expected he wasn't BSing.

Walrus 09-22-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Other teams the donks played turned the ball over and played rather crappy football.

milkman 09-22-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10006229)
While I appreciate the ability to protect the football, I still feel smith is too timid with the ball. I really think it's mental.. he could probably make a lot more plays if he was just willing to pull the trigger. I still feel he puts a cap on our potential to get to a championship, but it WILL beat sloppier teams.

Reid indicated that he was pushing him to be more aggressive, so I'm hoping as the offense's chemistry progresses he shows more willingness to throw some of the deeper stuff. I don't expect Smith to throw over defenses all day. I'd like to see more passes traveling 15-20 yards in the air.

We are in agreement.

I've said it numerous times in the last months.
Alex Smith has better arm strength than he is given credit for, and sh9uld have the ability to "throw his receivers open".

There is some risk involved in that, and timid is the absolute best descriptor to use in discussing Smith's aversion to make those throws.

DaFace 09-22-2013 08:21 AM

What a bizarre thread this became. I feel proud.