ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Shows? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258795)

The Rick 04-25-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8565738)
Me either. It was also uber annoying to watch an hour of Sutherland running around constantly yelling "Jake! Jake! Jake! Don't do that! Jake! Jake! Come here! Jake!".

ROFL

kcxiv 04-26-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565680)
I watch them both and like them both a lot. At this point, I would say go with Person of Interest because it's (by far) the surer bet to get a second season. Awake is a really interesting show, though.

POI is the number one new drama. its not going anywhere right now. It gets great ratings for a 10pm show.

jiveturkey 04-26-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8565738)
Me either. It was also uber annoying to watch an hour of Sutherland running around constantly yelling "Jake! Jake! Jake! Don't do that! Jake! Jake! Come here! Jake!".

That is exactly what my problem is.

I'd go so far as to say that it really grinds my gears.

DaKCMan AP 04-26-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 8565620)
Anyone watch the Kiefer Sutherland show "Touch" on FOX? I've seen a couple of them and thought it was decent. It's from the guy who did "Heroes" I think.

Basically, Kiefer Sutherland's kid is a mute who is "obsessed with numbers and can see past, present and future events through the numbers" (quoted from Wikipedia).

Hard to explain, but basically, the premise is that everyone in the world is linked together somehow. The kid gives his Dad (Kiefer) a set of numbers, which allows the Dad to set certain things in motion (unknowingly) which impact many other people.

For example, the kid will give the Dad a set of numbers that lead the Dad to an address. In front of that address, the Dad will keep someone from getting hit by a car, which then allows a certain chain of events to take place that otherwise wouldn't have. It all plays out over the course of the show.

It's worth checking out if you like that kind of stuff...

I've been watching it On Demand, but I'm not sold on the series yet.

One new show I like a lot is Scandal. The fourth (I think) episode is on tonight on ABC.

MTG#10 04-26-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8562644)
Network TV like ABC, CBS, Fox etc?

Do you get AMC or FX?

If you do, I would suggest checking out Breaking Bad if you're not already watching it.

If you're not, get NetFlix free for a month and watch Seasons 1 - 3. AMC should start showing Season 4 reruns before they start season 5.

It is the best show on TV right now. The Walking Dead is a close 2nd and from what I hear, Justified on FX is really good. I just haven't had time to check it out.

This, all good shows. Breaking Bad is the best show Ive ever seen. Amazing story, crazy twists and the acting is superb.

Micjones 04-26-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565680)
I watch them both and like them both a lot. At this point, I would say go with Person of Interest because it's (by far) the surer bet to get a second season. Awake is a really interesting show, though.

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you sir!

Baby Lee 04-26-2012 09:13 AM

Network Series feel the best recommending

Dramas
Castle
Fringe
Parenthood
Person of Interest
The Good Wife

Sitcoms
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
Raising Hope
The Middle
The New Girl

kcxiv 04-26-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8567503)
Network Series feel the best recommending

Dramas
Castle
Fringe
Parenthood
Person of Interest
The Good Wife

Sitcoms
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
Raising Hope
The Middle
The New Girl

raising hope is really funny.

Bump 04-26-2012 04:11 PM

I guess the Jon Stewart show is alright if you're looking for a news show

Fire Me Boy! 04-27-2012 12:31 PM

Person of Interest
Alcatraz has been interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8564230)
Only network shows I watch are Modern Family and New Girl. And Hells Kithen and Master Chef when they're on during certain times of year

New Girl is freaking hilarious. And Hell's Kitchen/Master Chef are regular watches for me and the wife.

kcxiv 04-27-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8573263)
Person of Interest
Alcatraz has been interesting.

New Girl is freaking hilarious. And Hell's Kitchen/Master Chef are regular watches for me and the wife.

CeCe is ****ing smoking hot on New Girl, that girl is just uhhhhh. haha

Persons of Interest was really freaking good lastnight as well.

Baby Lee 09-25-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8567503)
Parenthood

Katims made Kristina [Monica Potter] cry . . . and me.

EDIT: Aaaannd NARM bares his soul to Mayon-Egg, Kill me now.

007 09-26-2012 12:04 AM

Liked the first ep of Vegas.

Deberg_1990 09-26-2012 08:00 AM

Damn, i missed Vegas.

Baby Lee 09-26-2012 08:25 AM

Ben and Kate and the Mindy Project were both pretty solid.

Ben and Kate was more focused and had better comedy beats, I actually laughed out loud when Kate

Spoiler!

The Mindy Project was a little overstuffed, but presented some intriguing potential