ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

BWillie 05-03-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4732860)
I did that bike mission in the park without any armor. it took me a few tries, but its not that hard if you use the duck and cover system.

Yeah what I did was instead of taking that stupid bike I just took a car and drove it over one of them. Then got out and ducked and covered behind the tree. The dbags were using the car as cover and I got out my machine gun and gunned up the car until it blew up. It was easy pickens from then on out.

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 08:20 PM

I just started working for Player X.

The construction site mission to kill the union bosses is a blast.

Oddly enough, I'm a member of a union. (Teamsters, no less) I've always talked about how the only thing the union's done for me, is take $60 bucks a month out of my pay.... now I've had my revenge. :D

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4732883)
wow, you guys are teh shznit. I've owned it since TUesday and I've only got to the first (bowling) date! Wait, actually I did the mission to help that dude pick up his shit from storage and all the fuzz rain down on you.

But I've ben working all week and this weekend my in-laws are staying over, and mo-inlaw sleeps in my TV room :cuss: I have some serious catching up to do. I might just "have to go into work" and spend six hours on it there in my office.
Haven't even played multi yet.

The story missions are a blast. Great writing and voice acting. I keep doing story missions rather than side quests, mainly because I enjoy the cut scenes so much. That's rare.

I do enjoy stealing cars for Brucie, though.

TinyEvel 05-03-2008 08:38 PM

w00t!

I just crashed through the bridge and made it to the other island by jumping out of the car. It took me six tries, but I got a screen capture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

JBucc 05-03-2008 08:55 PM

I'm stuck on the Snow Storm mission. Which I think would be properly titled The Shit Storm. I've played three times and and taking a break. The first couple times I tried to stay and fight but that didn't work out so well. Then I tried to haul ass and get out of there but the first car you get to is a slow ass truck. So I make it out on to the main road but the game is doing the thing where all the cars disappear when you have a high wanted level and the only car that's around is the one you're in. So I can't find anything faster to switch into. Meanwhile I'm getting rammed from every direction and eventually the truck breaks down and won't start. I try to make a run for it but don't make it ten feet before I'm gunned down. GTAV must have mission checkpoints. Some of these are so tedious it would really take the sting off the grind factor.

dj56dt58 05-03-2008 09:16 PM

lets set up a CP deathmatch

xbarretx 05-03-2008 09:34 PM

anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733127)
anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!

Not I...

Are you on a PS3? And is it the first time you've played?

Because I heard the PS3 loads some stuff to the hard drive to reduce load times later... takes a while. (I'm playing on a 360)

xbarretx 05-03-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4733129)
Not I.

well its either tha or it keeps freezing..... :cuss:

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733132)
well its either tha or it keeps freezing..... :cuss:

I've read several complaints online... but mine's running smooth... like butter.

Moobs 05-03-2008 09:41 PM

Playing online I have noticed something - 14/15 year olds and older black men love them some GTA!

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4733139)
Playing online I have noticed something - 14/15 year olds and older black men love them some GTA!

Count in this 33 yr old white boy.

I only play single player so far, though.

kcxiv 05-04-2008 12:22 AM

I am neither a black man or a 14/15 year old, and i love me some GTAIV lol.

Game is just very fun. It didnt break records. Hell shatter records for nothing.

TinyEvel 05-04-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733127)

Yesterday I had my first snag on my PS3. I put it in and after the illustrated image montage, it goes to 'loading "bleed Out" (the current mission) and just kept that screen up for a LONG time (two minutes). I quit out and the system restarted when I did that, instead of going back to the XMB bar. It did it his three times in a row, and the next time it started up I chose user, then did NOT sign in (with password) before starting the game, and it worked.

HC_Chief 05-04-2008 09:55 AM

I can't understand a f#^%#ing thing that Jamaican says! "'An me be ayn or I and I, Jah!"

umm, err, okay.....