ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Silock 12-26-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10311366)
Injuries could have something to so with it. Shoulders are so I'd up it takes several days between workouts to recover.

I have to put 3 days rest between shoulder and chest day otherwise I am in constant pain.

That'll do it.

I'd probably be doing full body 3 days a week if it weren't too much with all the soccer I play. My legs are already constantly tired as it is.

The Franchise 12-26-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10311373)
DB press is fine. As is incline DB press (or barbell) or decline press (DB or BB).

Sweet....thanks.

Omaha 12-26-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10311371)
Learn how to catch a clean, most likely. And take the arms out of the scoop which seems almost impossible for most crossfitters. Scoop with the extension of the hips, not the pull of the arms and your elbows will love you. Hang cleans from mid thigh with perfect technique (arms loose but straight, never bend) to end every workout for a few weeks.

I just started doing cleans this last year. My form is getting better every time I do it, but I had a hard time trying to keep my arms out of it in the beginning.

Omaha 12-26-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10311376)
Jerk off with right hand? ;)

Dude, it's so bad that lefty isn't even an option right now.

Aspengc8 12-26-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10311369)
I've been doing a lot of cleans lately and I've got really bad tendonitis in my left elbow. It's pretty bad. Any tips for this?

I have some insane tendonitis that just finally started getting better after seeing an ortho. He have me some special cream to rub in (hah) 3 times a day, along with naproxen once daily. You need to rest it, as it is inflamed. I've also been using some stuff I got at Wal-mart called Blu-Emu which works.

I would look for that or maybe try one of these liniments: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=176

I would stop cleaning and squatting, dipping, or anything that remotely triggers it. It is a bitch and needs time. If you must continue to lift on it, get one of those liniments AND a neoprone elbow sleeve.

ThaVirus 12-26-2013 02:14 PM

I just developed some pretty serious elbow tendinitis from tricep extensions with a dumbbell. Going to try not to use that exercise very often in the future...

Omaha 12-26-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10311446)
I just developed some pretty serious elbow tendinitis from tricep extensions with a dumbbell. Going to try not to use that exercise very often in the future...

Nobody believes that is how you got it, bro

Buehler445 12-26-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10311369)
I've been doing a lot of cleans lately and I've got really bad tendonitis in my left elbow. It's pretty bad. Any tips for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10311385)
I just started doing cleans this last year. My form is getting better every time I do it, but I had a hard time trying to keep my arms out of it in the beginning.

It's a done deal. You have to rest it. When you get it feeling better, go light weight and make sure your form is right. Clean will **** your soul if your form is wrong.

lewdog 12-26-2013 04:15 PM

****, think i just strained my right hamstring.

Had awesome leg workout. Sumo Deadlifted 415 for a single, did deficit deads, front squats, GMs. Went to the park to do sprints with the parachute. On my 5th sprint I felt a slight pop and bam, pain to the back of the right leg. I can still do full ROM with it (leg straight, foot pointed back) with only slight discomfort but I've never had a hamstring injury before. Any ideas on knowing what the **** I really did and how bad it is? Icing now and obviously going to need to rest it.

And such a shame after such a great lifting session and having been getting much stronger the past few months.

/Depression

Buehler445 12-26-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10311736)
****, think i just strained my right hamstring.

Had awesome leg workout. Sumo Deadlifted 415 for a single, did deficit deads, front squats, GMs. Went to the park to do sprints with the parachute. On my 5th sprint I felt a slight pop and bam, pain to the back of the right leg. I can still do full ROM with it (leg straight, foot pointed back) with only slight discomfort but I've never had a hamstring injury before. Any ideas on knowing what the **** I really did and how bad it is? Icing now and obviously going to need to rest it.

And such a shame after such a great lifting session and having been getting much stronger the past few months.

/Depression

I got mine pretty good in 2005 and it hurt all the time. Sitting in my office chair at work was brutal. The chair had a lift under the hamstring for proper posture and it pressed right into the injury. I hated life. Bad.

If you get bruising in the backside of your knee it is definitely pulled.

Take it easy. I rested until I felt better and kept re-injuring it. I don't think I've opened it up and sprinted hard since. At least not on a track anyway.

Simply Red 12-26-2013 04:33 PM

had log-in issues, I'm still doing well you guys, sticking true to the game over here.

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10311753)
had log-in issues, I'm still doing well you guys, sticking true to the game over here.

you're welcome hunny

lewdog 12-26-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10311741)
I got mine pretty good in 2005 and it hurt all the time. Sitting in my office chair at work was brutal. The chair had a lift under the hamstring for proper posture and it pressed right into the injury. I hated life. Bad.

If you get bruising in the backside of your knee it is definitely pulled.

Take it easy. I rested until I felt better and kept re-injuring it. I don't think I've opened it up and sprinted hard since. At least not on a track anyway.

No bruising yet but not sure how long that takes to set it. It's pretty near my glute tie-in region on the right side, a little more towards the outside of my leg.

Damn, and after being injury free for so long and making continued strength progress and all-time deadlift PR today. :(

Simply Red 12-26-2013 04:37 PM

I'm going to give myself about one more week and then attach my no homo pics of my progress.

Hammock Parties 12-26-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10311761)
I'm going to give myself about one more week and then attach my no homo pics of my progress.

CAN'T WAIT