ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Gonzo 01-02-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9267317)
Reid is fat and jolly so he must be just like Romeo!

Ignore the 130 ****ing wins!

Oh but he's a players coach, Derp. He's not what we need, Herp! The only reason I'm saying that is cuz the board majority wants him here! Herp Derp/MemyselfPigWhore

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9267318)
jesus god...the painful stupidity of that post is ****ing painful

Are you surprised Painful post is painful?

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 09:12 AM

Hell that would have meant we were still in the ballgame at the end.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 09:12 AM

Who gives a **** about his demeanor...he wins. And he does it with offense.

He's Mike Shanahan with a mustache and 200 lbs added...

tredadda 01-02-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9267344)
Good grief, I was talking about his demeanor. We need someone between the nutcase that was Todd Haley and the cuddly panda that is Reid/Crennel.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--an...232530505.html

The product on the field matters more. I could care less whether a HC is a madman like Haley or a softie like Romeo, or somewhere in between as long as the team wins.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9267334)
Pioli was with Clark yesterday interviewing Koetter??? WTF flying F**K????

Just a guess here, but the Koetter interview was probably setup a LONG time ago.

It may have very well been a "we scheduled this and we're going to honor it, even though you have no shot at the job, Dirk" kind of thing.

That notion is bolstered by the fact that Koetter interviewed and then IMMEDIATELY signed a contract extension to remain a coordinator. If he though he had ANY shot at KC or any other HC job, he wouldn't have done that.

memyselfI 01-02-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9267349)
Oh but he's a players coach, Derp. He's not what we need, Herp! The only reason I'm saying that is cuz the board majority wants him here! Herp Derp/MemyselfPigWhore

Are you surprised Painful post is painful?

WRONG!

Actually, he's on the list of coaches I'd like to see here given the list of those available and interested. I'm just not sure he's the right fit. But then the coaches I think would be a better fit won't or don't want to come to KC.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9267345)
it's crazy that pioli has options with clark still...

imagine how much failure it would take for Clark to fire him outright

See the post I just made.

notorious 01-02-2013 09:15 AM

At least Reid isn't a pussy, and ALL of the players that played at Philly tanked horrifically on their new team.

He actually coaches players up!

King_Chief_Fan 01-02-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9267286)
Reid is no dummy. Stop and take a look at 'serious offers' before he goes to visit with the job he really wants. Drive up his price and maybe his conditions.

Hoping for the best as I like Reid but I think of him as a fairer skinned Romeo. Not sure we need that in KC right now. Something between players coach and Todd Haley would be most welcomed. A coach with NFL experience is also a must.

I hear Gannon may be interviewed;)

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 09:15 AM

What happened to the Ferentz thing? Wasnt he supposed to interview with KC today?

mr. tegu 01-02-2013 09:16 AM

I was never excited about the Cowher or Gruden options (if they ever were options) but if we don't go with a someone who is up and coming I like the Reid option. They consistently won yet never won the super bowl which is good for the whole "coach has never won it in two places" thing.

Predarat 01-02-2013 09:16 AM

Reid would be wise to take a sabbatical similar to what Jeff Fisher did, it seems to have worked for him.

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267354)
Just a guess here, but the Koetter interview was probably setup a LONG time ago.

It may have very well been a "we scheduled this and we're going to honor it, even though you have no shot at the job, Dirk" kind of thing.

That notion is bolstered by the fact that Koetter interviewed and then IMMEDIATELY signed a contract extension to remain a coordinator. If he though he had ANY shot at KC or any other HC job, he wouldn't have done that.

Yep.

I bet Pioli set it up before Clark castrated him, so Clark honored it out of professional courtesy.

Gonzo 01-02-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9267359)
What happened to the Ferentz thing? Wasnt he supposed to interview with KC today?

**** I hope not. He'd draft a ****ing O-lineman and start Stanzi.

notorious 01-02-2013 09:18 AM

Oh ya, he has succeeded in tough division.