ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9267359)
What happened to the Ferentz thing? Wasnt he supposed to interview with KC today?

I don't think it was ever going to happen.

the Talking Can 01-02-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267354)
Just a guess here, but the Koetter interview was probably setup a LONG time ago.

It may have very well been a "we scheduled this and we're going to honor it, even though you have no shot at the job, Dirk" kind of thing.

That notion is bolstered by the fact that Koetter interviewed and then IMMEDIATELY signed a contract extension to remain a coordinator. If he though he had ANY shot at KC or any other HC job, he wouldn't have done that.

maybe, but it would seem like neither party would actually want to waste their time....whatever, i feel pretty confident that Reid wants nothing to do with pioli

sedated 01-02-2013 09:19 AM

If we get him, his most important hire will be D coordinator. After Jimmy Johnson died, Reid’s teams tanked.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 09:19 AM

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Educated guess here based on talks with many: If Reid gets KC job, Pioli power diminishes or fired. Also, think Reid is using AZ as leverage

Rasputin 01-02-2013 09:20 AM

Clark Hunt needs to sell this team that has the #1 pick of the draft to build up. Sell #1 pick a QB & start fresh.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 09:20 AM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

To those with the immediate question of what would Andy Reid in KC mean for Scott Pioli - it would mean a new GM

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9267368)
maybe, but it would seem like neither party would actually want to waste their time....whatever, i feel pretty confident that Reid wants nothing to do with pioli

Clark strikes me as the kind of guy who honors his obligations. If the interview was already setup, the right thing to do is to interview him.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 09:21 AM

Wow. I haven't allowed myself to actually think Andy Reid would be the next coach of the Chiefs. We went to him. Holy shit. If we can get him, I'm all in. Proven ****ing winner. Great with QB's, and Pioli is out the ****ing door. Triple win!

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267354)
Just a guess here, but the Koetter interview was probably setup a LONG time ago.

It may have very well been a "we scheduled this and we're going to honor it, even though you have no shot at the job, Dirk" kind of thing.

That notion is bolstered by the fact that Koetter interviewed and then IMMEDIATELY signed a contract extension to remain a coordinator. If he though he had ANY shot at KC or any other HC job, he wouldn't have done that.

Good post.

So on to the next on the list - I wonder if Reid has legitimate interest, or if he's just driving the price up on Arizona?

tredadda 01-02-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9267369)
If we get him, his most important hire will be D coordinator. After Jimmy Johnson died, Reid’s teams tanked.

He is a hard DC to replace. That was Reid's biggest flaw, the inability to replace him.

Dave Lane 01-02-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9267287)
At least he never won that super bowl.

Not yet.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9267371)
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Educated guess here based on talks with many: If Reid gets KC job, Pioli power diminishes or fired. Also, think Reid is using AZ as leverage

Mortenson just said this too.

He flatly said KC is a better job than Arizona, especially because of the fans and atmosphere.

On a side note, Mortenson just made some commentary about this news cycle and how crazy it is. He went out of his way to mention that he (and others in his position) have to be careful about the motives of their sources because they get USED all the time to advance an agenda rather than the actual news.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 09:22 AM

For sake of conversation, who is the GM if Andy Reid is hired?

All reports indicate Tom Heckert won't be following AR this time around.

Thoughts?

ptlyon 01-02-2013 09:23 AM

If htismaqe is right, wouldn't we have had authorization to see him, & if we did, wouldn't we know about it? Maybe we did, but I don't know that for sure.

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9267369)

People keep saying this, but its not completely true.

2007- 8-8
2008- 9-6-1
2009- 11-5(Johnson died)
2010- 10-6