ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Suck it up, Chiefs fans... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236841)

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:31 PM

Suck it up, Chiefs fans...

We're 5-4 and our destiny is in our own hands. First off 5-4 is better than where many thought we would be at this point prior to the season starting.

We had a shit game today but the constant "we aren't ever going to win another game" crap after every loss gets old. This was the only game where we actually were beat the entire game. Shit happens. We lost 2 in a row on the road for the 2nd time this year. Shit happens. We are still a progressing team and ahead of where many thought we would be.

4 of our next 7 are at home, including the Broncos and Raiders. Right now as it looks, save falling flat on our ass we could walk away with a 10-6 record (losses to SD and Ten). that may not get us in the playoffs if the Chargers go on a rampage but that is still a great record considering the last few years.

Denver came out after an embarrasing loss to the Raiders, another loss to SF in London and a bye and they were at home. They punched us in the mouth and won this round. We get them again at our house. Same with Oakland and I don't see the Titans as a for sure loss.

The mere fact we are even talking playoffs in week 9 is a sign of how much we have improved this year. Sure we could be better. We could easily be 8-1 or 7-2. But we are 5-4 with a the majority of our remaining games at our house.

I'm tired of hearing about the luck of rain, or kick returns or interceptions returned for TD's to give us our wins. A win is a win and a few of our losses came on what can easily be called lucky calls for the other team.

There's a lot of football left to be played.

The Bad Guy 11-14-2010 09:33 PM

Every time you post, it reminds me of a Ke$ha song. I know it's a bunch of mindless drivel, but I always click the link just like I always leave her songs on when I know they are awful. Damn you.

DBOSHO 11-14-2010 09:33 PM

Enough of the "5-4, ill take it" BS.

We should be alot better off than we are right now.

Slainte 11-14-2010 09:34 PM

Stop mak.ing threads, you stupid ****.

jd1020 11-14-2010 09:35 PM

Who the fuck is talking playoffs?

2112 11-14-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7173072)
Who the fuck is talking playoffs?

GoChiefs and BigRedChief. now those are the only two I saw..lol

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2010 09:35 PM

You're ****ing stupid, Pete.

Kindly shut the **** up and stop making threads, Dumbass.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slainte (Post 7173071)
Stop mak.ing threads, you stupid ****.

Um, and a polite, go **** yourself to you, Sir.

crazycoffey 11-14-2010 09:36 PM

Your hat is too tight, don't you know you're supposed to let us all vent first, before you tell us what to do!!!!!:cuss:

:harumph:
:D

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7173077)
You're ****ing stupid, Pete.

Kindly shut the **** up and stop making threads, Dumbass.

Lick my ass crust you cry baby, ****. You're just pissed cause we are already better than you predicted.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 7173083)

Your hat is too tight, don't you know you're supposed to let us all vent first, before you tell us what to do!!!!!:cuss:

:harumph:
:D

What's to vent over? We got our clocks cleaned today. Hopefully it will wake us up. Not too much to cry over today, though. We were pounded raw. Just have to accept it and go on.

crazycoffey 11-14-2010 09:41 PM

ROFL

MadMax 11-14-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7173080)
Um, and a polite, go **** yourself to you, Sir.

They are in no way good!!! But a little improved, believe what you want.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2010 09:43 PM

Give me a reason the Chiefs can win these games:

Seattle
San Diego
Tennessee
St. Louis

Three of these are on the road, where we look like a college team most weeks, and Tennessee is going to ass rape Matt Cassel for the entire world to see while I laugh like Dr. Evil.

We can beat Arizona, Denver and Oakland. The key word there is "can." We could easily blow one of those games.

8-8 here we come. Cassel has 25 TDs and a 95 QB rating. BUY SEASON TICKETS.

The Bad Guy 11-14-2010 09:43 PM

You're right Pete, it's all us.

The Bad Guy 11-14-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7173115)

Seattle
San Diego
Tennessee
St. Louis

We can beat Arizona, Denver and Oakland. The key word there is "can." We could easily blow one of those games.

8-8 here we come. Cassel has 25 TDs and a 95 QB rating. BUY SEASON TICKETS.

Hasselbeck broke his wrist today and he will struggle with that.

The Chiefs can beat the Rams.

They should also beat the Titans at Arrowhead.

San Diego will be the most telling game.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 7173110)
They are in no way good!!! But a little improved, believe what you want.

We're closer to good than many thought we would be. I don't think we could go toe-toe witha Pittsburgh or New England. But we have shown we can go toe-toe with Indy. Given our schedule there is no reason to rule out a 9-7 or 10-6 record. And that is a much, much better record than the last few years. It has to start somewhere.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7173119)

I think there is no reason we can't beat Seattle other than it is a road game. Same with the Rams. We have to steal one of those on the road. as far as Ten goes I think we have the advantage at Arrowwood. SD is the 1 game that is glaring.

kcpasco 11-14-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

When is Lewis or McGraw due back? Because I fear what Rivers will do to our safeties.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

If it all plays out like it should we could very well be playing SD for the division. Sadly at their house.

KCTitus 11-14-2010 09:48 PM

It's like the Marty days all over again. Slow plodding offense that has a shaky QB and relies on the run. It works only if the defense does its job and cannot come back from a 14 point deficit.

When Denver scored their second TD, I realized KC was done, they had no answer. I stopped really paying attention when it reached 21-0. This was the first game KC was not competitive at any point. Aside from Indy, KC should have won at Houston and Oakland.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this team this year. It will be interesting to see what the character of this team is and if it comes back or folds up.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-14-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7173131)
I think there is no reason we can't beat Seattle other than it is a road game.

That's a pretty freakin' huge reason at this point, don't you think? There's no reason they should have lost to Oakland or Denver either, but they clearly have no idea whatsoever how to play football outside the friendly confines of Arrowhead Stadium.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 7173132)
When is Lewis or McGraw due back? Because I fear what Rivers will do to our safeties.

You'd think McGraw would be back next week. He was held out today because of concussion symptoms from last week.

jd1020 11-14-2010 09:49 PM

9-7 wont beat the Chargers so I'm thrilled about that. Great chance to get Baldwin in the draft. Now all we have to do is draft him.

FAX 11-14-2010 09:49 PM

Is it time for everybody to hug each others' nuts?

'Cause if it is, I have to go load the dishwasher.

FAX

Hammock Parties 11-14-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

So?

We're 1-4 on the road and almost lost to Cleveland earlier in the year.

Quote:

Why? For what reason? It's a road game and St. Louis plays defense. Throw in Cassel and you get a big fat L.

Quote:

Why? For what reason? Tennessee has the type of defense that completely bends quarterbacks like Matt Cassel over and repeatedly plugs their butt with a 15-inch dick with AIDS. The Arrowhead Boo Birds are going to melt Cassel's skull that day.

Quote:

Yeah, we might lose by 30 instead of 20.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-14-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Seattle
San Diego
Tennessee
St. Louis

They can actually beat St. Louis because it will pretty much be a home game for them.

dirk digler 11-14-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Seattle
San Diego
Tennessee
St. Louis

Seattle - Hasselback broke a bone in his non throwing hand today and have little or no running game.

San Diego - won't win

Tennessee- it is at home and even with Moss thier passing game is anemic. Stop Chris Johnson and you can beat this team.

Rams - still a young team and play just as soft a schedule as the Chiefs. This will be a close game and It could go either way

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7173140)
That's a pretty freakin' huge reason at this point, don't you think? There's no reason they should have lost to Oakland or Denver either, but they clearly have no idea whatsoever how to play football outside the friendly confines of Arrowhead Stadium.

Ok, sloppy play aside what did it take for Houston and Oakland to win? Seriously? I mean if people are going to say we beat SD because of the rain then I am going to say it took Oakland no less than 3 **** ups by the Refs in the game-tying drive to tie the game. And it took a ****ed up PI call that should have been OPI for Houston to beat us.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7173154)
Seattle - Hasselback broke a bone in his non throwing hand today and have little or no running game.

The Broncos had THE LEAGUE'S WORST RUNNING GAME and ASSRAPED us today.

EVERY ROAD GAME is going to be a HUGE question mark after the last two weeks.

kcpasco 11-14-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7173145)
9-7 wont beat the Chargers so I'm thrilled about that. Great chance to get Baldwin in the draft. Now all we have to do is draft him.

Draft This 4321

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7173158)

Wow, 1 game out of 9 we choke on the run. I'd say that's reason to hang it all up.

jd1020 11-14-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7173172)
Wow, 1 game out of 9 we choke on the run. I'd say that's reason to hang it all up.

Choked last week too.

the Talking Can 11-14-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7173060)

I'm tired of hearing about the luck
of rain, or kick returns or interceptions returned for TD's to give us our wins. A win is a win and a few of our losses came on what can easily be called lucky calls for the other team.

brilliant

Mama Hip Rockets 11-14-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7173157)
Ok, sloppy play aside what did it take for Houston and Oakland to win? Seriously? I mean if people are going to say we beat SD because of the rain then I am going to say it took Oakland no less than 3 **** ups by the Refs in the game-tying drive to tie the game. And it took a ****ed up PI call that should have been OPI for Houston to beat us.

I agree that they should have won the Houston game, but they did absolutely nothing that indicated to me that they had any desire to win in Oakland.

petegz28 11-14-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7173179)
brilliant

Yeah, it is. If people are going to say we win because of luck then I will say we lost a few because of bad luck. Nice try at parsing though.

dirk digler 11-14-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7173158)

This team has played competitive on the road sans today.

KurtCobain 11-14-2010 09:59 PM

Pete, I'm with you. The sky has not fallen and we're tons better than i honestly thought we would be. I said we would be 9-7 but start 3-0, and that would be fine with me, it's progress. Games like today are growing pains that young teams have. We needed it and will bounce back fine. We may not win the division, but it'll be a nice race to watch. Better than last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 11-14-2010 10:00 PM

If we cant win on the road, we have no business playing in the post-season.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7173192)
This team has played competitive on the road sans today.

And LOST.

That's all that matters.

We're a shitty ****ing road team.

And even at home 0-7 teams come within 15 yards of beating us.

2010 Chiefs = EXPOSED

petegz28 11-14-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7173205)

I agree. But I think the goal for this season is just to get there. **** if we get there or even come 1 game within that is far better than anyone gave us credit for at the start of the season.

WebGem 11-14-2010 10:02 PM

PLAYOFFS? WHAT DO YOU MEAN PLAYOFFS?

KurtCobain 11-14-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7173205)

That's ****ing stupid. I would really like to see a home playoff win.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28 11-14-2010 10:05 PM

Well, you all choose to do what you want. It seems most of you who are crying that we are done are also the same peeps who cry about how bad we are even after we win.

dirk digler 11-14-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7173210)
And LOST.

That's all that matters.

We're a shitty ****ing road team.

And even at home 0-7 teams come within 15 yards of beating us.

2010 Chiefs = EXPOSED

We did beat Cleveland :)

petegz28 11-14-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7173245)
We did beat Cleveland :)

Oh shit, dirk, here comes all the bitching about how we were lucky or barely beat them or bla bla bla

Hammock Parties 11-14-2010 10:10 PM

WE'RE ONE AND FOUR ON THE ROAD

WE WON THAT GAME BECAUSE WE FACED A BLACK MIDGET QUARTERBACK

OPEN YOUR ****ING EYES

suds79 11-14-2010 10:12 PM

So many things to address here.

Quote:

We're 5-4 and our destiny is in our own hands. First off 5-4 is better than where many thought we would be at this point prior to the season starting.

True, but after the start of this season we have the right to change our expectations for this team. After that kind of start to the season, if they don't make the playoffs, it's a big disappointment & a choke job.

Quote:

We lost 2 in a row on the road for the 2nd time this year. Shit happens. We are still a progressing team and ahead of where many thought we would be.

Seriously? What progression? In the last few weeks I haven't seen any. If anything I'd say we've been playing worse.

Quote:

a 10-6 record (losses to SD and Ten). that may not get us in the playoffs if the Chargers go on a rampage but that is still a great record considering the last few years.

Wow. Just wow. Is that really where the bar is set now a days? Essentially saying "well at least it's better than what it has been over the last few years." Sad.

dirk digler 11-14-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7173264)
WE'RE ONE AND FOUR ON THE ROAD

WE WON THAT GAME BECAUSE WE FACED A BLACK MIDGET QUARTERBACK

OPEN YOUR ****ING EYES

We are 2 Bowe drops from maybe being 3-2 ;)

-King- 11-14-2010 10:18 PM

Good thing is that Oakland plays Pittsburgh next week. If we win, we're back in 1st place.

And we also have to hope that Denver beats SanDiego *Puke* .

Reerun_KC 11-14-2010 10:20 PM

It all came down to Denver making football plays while we chose not to make football plays.

jd1020 11-14-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 7173296)
It all came down to Denver making football plays while we chose not to make football plays.

Football? WTF! I thought I was watching a WNBA game! I feel cheated now.

KurtCobain 11-14-2010 10:30 PM

With all due respect, some you guys are so ****ing stupid. Bitching and whining about everything, yeah i know cassel sucks and we lost today because of shitty safety play among other things. No shit, i watch the ****ing games too. There's not much we can do to fix the huge holes we have mid-season. But to go around crying that the season is over is stupid. We still scrape wins at home, and with the shitty division and schedule, we're still playing for something for the first time in years. Grow up.
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020 11-14-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7173322)
With all due respect, some you guys are so ****ing stupid. Bitching and whining about everything, yeah i know cassel sucks and we lost today because of shitty safety play among other things. No shit, i watch the ****ing games too. There's not much we can do to fix the huge holes we have mid-season. But to go around crying that the season is over is stupid. We still scrape wins at home, and with the shitty division and schedule, we're still playing for something for the first time in years. Grow up.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you are talking about playoffs then that could possibly be the worst thing that could happen. This team is still building. They obviously arent ready for that. All that being in the playoffs this year gaurentees is a worse draft pick.

We all want to see the Chiefs matter again but lets be realistic. We could use the best possible pick we can get. I'm not saying they quit playing. I still want to watch a competitive team. But a part of me also wants to see them out of the playoffs.