ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather What Fates Impose That Men Must Needs Abide. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207266)

bdeg 05-05-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 5743705)
which is kinda of the same thing kbeg is saying too, we don't know, so hedge your bets. Kinda anyway......

Yes, I'm saying if you're an atheist you should hedge your bets, but I don't believe all religion is or should be so cold-hearted black and white.

oh btw, kbeg really???

Goldmember 05-05-2009 11:37 PM

I don't believe in destiny. Humans exist as all living things exist, part of a big recycling bin, nothing more. Birth, life, death, repeat. This will continue until the sun explodes. Then it all becomes part of the universe recycling bin. I know this to be true.

Goldmember 05-05-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 5743472)
atheism makes no sense to me.

if you're right ok small moral victory for you and maybe you had a little more fun than the average christian along the way
if you're wrong you burn in hell for eternity

What if you like to burn?? That would be a good thing

bdeg 05-05-2009 11:46 PM

let's just say i don't think you'd like that kind of burn for very long:p

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2009 11:52 PM

You make your destiny. I've seen nothing in life to indicate otherwise.

acesn8s 05-06-2009 03:49 AM

If you are destined to X then regardless of your decisions you will end up at X. However, we know that if you eat alot of calories and sit on your ass all day, everyday, your ass gets bigger. One is not destined to be a fatass but rather chooses (knowingly or not) to become a fatass.

Was the bad call at the Denver/SD game predetermined? Was Hocholi(sp?) unable to make the correct call regardless of what he could or could not do to rectify the situation? Or was it because his poor judgement, his ego, the rule book, and the situation created such a confrontational call? IMO it was a series of decisions that led to the dumbassery.

beach tribe 05-06-2009 05:35 AM

I believe we make what happens happen. I should by all acconts be dead or in prison, but I'm not. I'm living a GREAT life.

If God knew everything that was going to happen, what would be the point?

I think we, and life in general was his experiment, and he is watching with little interference. The only part of it that i think he knows for certain, is the final outcome, and even that can come about in many different ways.

Third Eye 05-06-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 5743835)
If you are destined to X then regardless of your decisions you will end up at X.

Not true. You will end up at X it is BECAUSE of your decisions, not IN SPITE of them.

mikey23545 05-06-2009 06:36 AM

I think destiny is the scapegoat people cling to when they are too weak to claim responsibility for their own actions and decisions....

Third Eye 05-06-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5743893)
I think destiny is the scapegoat people cling to when they are too weak to claim responsibility for their own actions and decisions....

Ah, one of the classic arguments. Too bad it doesn't attack the argument, merely a perceived consequence.

mikey23545 05-06-2009 06:53 AM

I see no need to disprove the existence of destiny.

If others wish to claim the existence of such an extraordinary phenomenon (much the same as ghosts or UFOs) then it it is up to them to provide extraordinary proof.

KcFanInGA 05-06-2009 07:00 AM

God, my friend. He will never stop looking for you and giving to you, and none of us deserve what he gives to us, we cant. The Bible is clear that his grace is a gift. He is the one you should ask this question to. But a little CP observation never hurts either!

KcFanInGA 05-06-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 5743755)
I don't believe in destiny. Humans exist as all living things exist, part of a big recycling bin, nothing more. Birth, life, death, repeat. This will continue until the sun explodes. Then it all becomes part of the universe recycling bin. I know this to be true.

You KNOW it to be true? Im pretty sure thats the overstatement of the day right there. :shake:

KcFanInGA 05-06-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 5743472)
atheism makes no sense to me.

if you're right ok small moral victory for you and maybe you had a little more fun than the average christian along the way
if you're wrong you burn in hell for eternity

christianity doesn't even require you to not sin, it doesn't weigh the bad against the good(I'm not including catholicism, possibly the most corrupt prominent religion in history). you accept jesus and have 0 chance of going to hell, why take the gamble? atheists need to admit to themselves that we don't know. that's their point usually, that there is no evidence, but if you don't know there isn't a hell why take the chance of spending eternity there. people don't realize what eternity means. this life is a trial-run, the ultimate test if you will

Wrong. This is where the Church in America is failing. One time salvation is not forever. You still have to live according to the word of God. There are plenty of saved people in the world that will not go to heaven IMO, but I do not presume to think I will not be surprised at some of the people I see when I get there. And Im sure they might be surprised to see me..:D

Katipan 05-06-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5742098)
Of late, I have been thinking about the various and sometimes strange turn of events that have affected my life. For reasons to be forever unknown, I enjoy an existence which, by all rights, I do not deserve. I was nothing short of a heathen in my younger days but now have a fabulous family, an interesting and prosperous professional life, and many friends - some of whom are actually pretty cool peeps when sober.

Anyhow, this period of reflection has caused me to think about the concept of destiny and whether or not such a force or principle or power actually exists. Throughout the centuries (perhaps since the dawn of mankind, womankind, kidkind, and sadly midget kind) human beings have conceived of a supernatural force known as destiny or fate or fortune (both good and bad) that leads us through our lives.

I wonder ... do Planeteers believe in destiny? Some unseen, strange power that predetermines the course of our events? Or, do we wander willy nilly through the willies and nillies of our existence occasionally bumping into circumstances that merely appear to us to be somehow fateful?

So I ask you, Planeteers ... do you believe in destiny?

FAX THE THOUGHTFUL

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

ooooh ooooh I wanna answer before I read any responses. So if this thread has degenerated into a poop transexual thread by the time I read the last pages, I'm blaming fate.

I don't like believing that my life is pre-destined. I like believing that the opportunities are pre-destined. Like, life will give me lemons just to see what I'll do with them.

Living like that takes a lot of stress out of your life. If you go every day believing that the experiences you are living through are justified because for some outworldly reason you are SUPPOSED to be experiencing it, then well hell, why stress? Just do it. ($10 to Nike, thank you)

And of course there are the wtf moments. So many damn coincidences stacked on top of eachother that some mathematically inclined geniOUs would say that those extreme odds have to happen, but I'm more inclined to be a dreamer about.

I guess I believe I'm here because I'm supposed to be. And I won't be when I'm not supposed to be anymore. But I'm also the kind of girl that runs wide eyed and open armed into any new experience. And THAT comes from not being afraid to die.