ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

lewdog 04-01-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510499)
Good. I am glad you are informed. Have you ever done straight keto for like a month and then checked your BP?

No, not straight keto but 50 grams of carbs or less per day for a few months on end. I do notice a bit better readings when eating like this. I am not planning on coming off my meds though because of these slightly lower readings. Good news is my cholesterol is awesome!

Buck 04-01-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8510503)
So is it bad to eat an entire party size bag of Reese's Pieces every day?

It's okay as long as you're using moderation.

Simply Red 04-01-2012 09:58 PM

explain your moderation bullshit or leave, NOW! And how is it 'Moderation?' - because you deem it to be?! Listen my girlfriend has a gluten problem, she's scienctifically and mathmatically eliminated almost ALL possible sugar intake, including fallout, as in sauces, breads etc... She claims she feels better than she has in years. I'm sure it's because she's eliminated the sugar. DOCTORS! He who stops listening stops learning, this isn't fear laden terrorist attack level indicators, we're talking about.

Buck 04-01-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8510504)
"Hey guys, I sat around on my fat ass shoving twinkies into my hole as fast as I could. Then I stopped doing that and started exercising and I lost a bunch of weight. I think it's because I cut off the sugar!!!"

:rolleyes:

Yep, that's exactly it.

Quit being reeruned.

Thig Lyfe 04-01-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8510509)
my girlfriend

yo, how her titties be?

WhiteWhale 04-01-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510497)
Yep. A lot of people seem to get mad over our diets. And when we try to help them with theirs they get even more mad.

I always here this term "moderation" too. Sounds like a cop-out to me.

Also R8ers lost a bunch of weight and got healthy doing the same thing.

Maybe they don't want to accept facts from people they just don't like....or a Chargers fan.

How is moderating a cop out?

All or nothing is for people who can't handle showing discipline. I understand it. Some people have to do things that way.

Bugeater 04-01-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510462)
Also stop smoking cigarettes and stop drinking so much god damn alcohol.

Don't make me kill you Buck.

Bump 04-01-2012 10:01 PM

cancer will get us all eventually, unless you die in a car wreck or by a bad guy or some other shit. Live life bro's

Buck 04-01-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8510513)
How is moderating a cop out?

All or nothing is for people who can't handle showing discipline. I understand it. Some people have to do things that way.

I don't think you should ever eat anything with added sugar.

Valiant 04-01-2012 10:01 PM

What a crock of shit.. april fools..

Guess what, people have been dying for ever for hbp, fatness, diabetes even in countries that dont have high sugar intake for centuries.. This is BS science used to scare..

RealSNR 04-01-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8510500)
This is what my father's cardiologist said.

While explaining to him why his heart was in perfect condition even though he's 60 and has smoked 2 packs a day for 45 years.

My dear friend Winston Churchill whom I mentioned earlier smoke and drank his way to age 90.

He either had a fantastic ticker built like a brick shit house or he didn't eat any sugar.

Brock 04-01-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

explain your moderation bullshit or leave, NOW! And how is it 'Moderation?' - because you deem it to be?! Listen my girlfriend has a gluten problem, she's scienctifically and mathmatically eliminated almost ALL possible sugar intake, including fallout, as in sauces, breads etc... She claims she feels better than she has in years. I'm sure it's because she's eliminated the sugar. DOCTORS! He who stops listening stops learning, this isn't fear laden terrorist attack level indicators, we're talking about.

That's great, but the rest of us who don't have a gluten problem can eat sugar, yeah, IN MODERATION, if you don't know what that means, look it up.

morphius 04-01-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8510473)
What is 'in moderation?', I mean, how do you two define that? I'd be interested in knowing.... Does this mean 3 cookies a week, 4 sodas and a piece of birthday cake? Or does this mean simply sugaring your coffee, daily and that's all?

For me it is not eating sweets every day. I quit regular soda a while back, I'd give up all soda if I could stand coffee or tea, but that isn't in my taste buds grand scheme.

WhiteWhale 04-01-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

I don't eat much sugar, but sometimes I treat myself. I'm not curing cancer. Just showing some discipline.

BigMeatballDave 04-01-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8510508)
It's okay as long as you're using moderation.

A bag of Reeses everyday isnt moderation.

Most if it comes down to genetics.

My dad ate Bacon and eggs, daily for decades.

He is almost 72 and has perfect blood pressure and normal cholesterol.