ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Did Roaf retire because he did not want to be associated with a conservative offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154729)

Logical 12-19-2006 12:26 AM

Did Roaf retire because he did not want to be associated with a conservative offense?

I got to thinking about it and he went out on a high note. Protecting his reputation, something that might have suffered under Solari and Herm?:hmmm:

Hammock Parties 12-19-2006 12:27 AM

Roaf retired because he had a busted wheel. Our offense really isn't that conservative. We were plenty agressive against the Chargers and it didn't make a difference. We don't have the talent on the offensive line to be a high-flying offense.

BigRock 12-19-2006 12:40 AM

That's exactly why he retired. Roaf did consider the possibility that a strong offensive line, LJ behind it, and Herm bringing the defense along would be a promising combo, but ultimately he felt that he didn't want to win if winning meant being conservative.

:rolleyes:

Logical 12-19-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Roaf retired because he had a busted wheel. Our offense really isn't that conservative. We were plenty agressive against the Chargers and it didn't make a difference. We don't have the talent on the offensive line to be a high-flying offense.

Run, Run Pass,

Run, Run Pass

is not what I call agressive. I will admit the defense was more agressive. This season worked out exactly as I predicted. Mid level defense and an offense that was going to fall, way, way off.

teedubya 12-19-2006 12:51 AM

I think Roaf retired partly because of that Car Wreck he had back late spring last year. I was driving to work and saw his Hummer crunch this truck pretty badly. It hasnt been publicly stated, but that could have been part of his unhealing.

??

Knob 12-19-2006 12:52 AM

He probably thought the Chiefs had no shot at a superbowl. So he hung it up.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
Run, Run Pass,

Run, Run Pass

is not what I call agressive. .

That hasn't been our gameplan all year, either. People only remember the horribly called games for some reason.

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2006 12:58 AM

As it was so eloquently put in the movie Major League:

"Who gives a shit, it's (he's) gone...."

007 12-19-2006 12:59 AM

This thread is completely worthless.

Mecca 12-19-2006 01:00 AM

Lets not discuss Willie Roaf anymore **** it he's gone he's not coming back.

2112 12-19-2006 01:00 AM

Not for nothing..but I'm going to chime in..

I watched alot of the Chiefs games this year..and have read the board..and heard alot of people blaming the offensive line..

It's the coaches responsibility to maximize his own teams strengths,and take advantage of the oppositions weaknesses..if the o-line is that horrible,wouldn't it make sense to be unpredictable,and keep the defense off balance??
Watching that game last night,I thought I was watching the 2001-2005 Jet offense..and Herm is lucky he hasn't gotten Trent Green killed yet..

Green is constantly being put in obvious passing situations all the time..which makes the margin for error very small..it's Hermanolgy..

Phobia 12-19-2006 01:01 AM

Dumbest thread you've ever created, Logical.

Logical 12-19-2006 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Dumbest thread you've ever created, Logical.

Now that is saying something.;)

KurtCobain 12-19-2006 01:45 AM

Maybe he was tired and his bones ached?

Redcoats58 12-19-2006 03:57 AM

Where do you get this shit?