ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So who's in for season tickets in 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268675)

tooge 01-09-2013 12:18 PM

So who's in for season tickets in 2013

Ok, Clark has stepped up to the plate big time, and it's looking like Reid is going to be hiring a solid coordinator and we're getting a solid GM. So, put your money where your mouth is. Pioli is gone. I'm re-upping my tix, who else is re-upping or just getting them this year?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2013 12:20 PM

I almost pulled the trigger the other day. I didn't because of financial restrictions based on where I live, and the amount of income we make out here in the winter months. I will absolutely be a season ticket holder this year. It's just a matter of when I spend the dough. Looking forward to tailgating with some of you bastards this year.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2013 12:21 PM

It was a goal of mine in my teenage years living in Seattle, WA. I just couldn't find the heart and energy to do it the first couple of years living out here. Even in 2011 coming off of the division championship I just had a feeling it would be nothing but regret, and heartache driving all the way up there every week. I'm glad I held off, and there is really no better time for me to start what I hope will be 2 solid decades plus of me coming up for every home game at Arrowhead.

tooge 01-09-2013 12:21 PM

Cool man. I'd like to see CP gatherings when people actually give a shit about this team. My entire "tailgate crew" is re-upping this year. Everyone was going to bail out prior to the Pioli firing.

Reerun_KC 01-09-2013 12:22 PM

I think as soon as KC signed some broke dick QB failure. STH's will start sending in their kids dental money...

tooge 01-09-2013 12:23 PM

hopefully they are "sending" it to me

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9299915)
Cool man. I'd like to see CP gatherings when people actually give a shit about this team. My entire "tailgate crew" is re-upping this year. Everyone was going to bail out prior to the ***** firing.

I'll be moving around to lots of tailgates for gameday as I've made a TON of friends online that are staunch Chiefs fans. I hope you'll welcome me to yours as well. I'll bring the booze, and some good food and we'll get her done. In fact, I need to bring up some playoff bourbon for OTWP to hang onto for the next time we make the playoffs. I think I drank half of his the last time. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9299916)
I think as soon as KC signed some broke dick QB failure. STH's will start sending in their kids dental money...

Teo or Jekyll and trading for Alex Smith would send sales throught the roof.

tooge 01-09-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9299922)
I'll be moving around to lots of tailgates for gameday as I've made a TON of friends online that are staunch Chiefs fans. I hope you'll welcome me to yours as well. I'll bring the booze, and some good food and we'll get her done. In fact, I need to bring up some playoff bourbon for OTWP to hang onto for the next time we make the playoffs. I think I drank half of his the last time. :D

You bet man. We'll be glad to host ya

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9299926)
You bet man. We'll be glad to host ya

:thumb: I'm super excited. Like you said, Clark proved himself to all of us. What more do we need than to know we have an owner invested in a winning culture at Arrowhead? We will never be the Royals. We'll always "keep firing". Great time to be a Chiefs fan. Who would've said we could say that a month ago?

Bearcat 01-09-2013 12:30 PM

Thought about it, and while I give Clark a lot of credit for fixing the mess, I'm not ready to throw money at them.... I've done it several times in the past based on potential, and more often than not it ended up being a waste of money.... and with that kind of price tag, I kinda need to see it on the field first. However, I might just make it back to Arrowhead after almost 2 years away, assuming they take care of the QB problem.

Bearcat 01-09-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9299939)
:thumb: I'm super excited. Like you said, Clark proved himself to all of us. What more do we need than to know we have an owner invested in a winning culture at Arrowhead? We will never be the Royals. We'll always "keep firing". Great time to be a Chiefs fan. Who would've said we could say that a month ago?

I like your enthusiasm... guess I've just been bitten too many times. I like Clark's plan though... we'll see.

TribalElder 01-09-2013 12:35 PM

im in the process of becoming a first time season ticket holder. havent pulled the trigger but have the new pricing info

Reerun_KC 01-09-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9299925)
Teo or Jekyll and trading for Alex Smith would send sales throught the roof.

7-9 baby!!!

Rausch 01-09-2013 12:37 PM

Nein.

You give me a product I want to buy and I buy it.

You don't tell me "Trust me, it'll be worth it in 6 months..."

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9299960)
I like your enthusiasm... guess I've just been bitten too many times. I like Clark's plan though... we'll see.

Hey, I understand. You've been there, done that. I grew up 2100 miles away dreaming of it. Optimism is an easy choice for someone who's wanted it their whole life. If I were you, I'd probably feel similarily.

SuperChief 01-09-2013 12:41 PM

Like Flop, it's been a goal of mine to one day become a season ticket holder. I'll be graduating from college this year (finally), and I really see myself pulling the trigger. I'll at least be in the area, so the commute to Arrowhead won't be so bad. I will definitely wait and see, though.

Molitoth 01-09-2013 12:42 PM

We are out. After 25+ years in the family, there is not much passion anymore to kick out 3 grand every year for tickets. The chiefs games have not been fun since 2003.

TribalElder 01-09-2013 01:52 PM

I will have to acquire one of these if I make the jump
http://www.blacktop360.com

Dallas Chief 01-09-2013 01:55 PM

Got the call today that I could get back my four seats that I had prior to 2012. Voicemail ftw!

ChiefGator 01-09-2013 01:57 PM

I'll by flying in for one game again this year, regardless of which game. That is a tradition I wanted to continue but over the last couple years I have lost the spark. Usually a September or October game.

Unless of course, Cassel is starting.

Strongside 01-09-2013 01:58 PM

I am buying mine next month.

cosmo20002 01-09-2013 02:03 PM

Any current STH get their renewal stuff yet? Usually, that stuff goes out mid-Dec and they start billing mid-Jan. I figured they were putting it off a bit because they didn't want anyone cancelling with the bitterness of the season still fresh and until they started cleaning house and hiring a coach. But I still haven't received anything. I assume they aren't raising prices, but I'd like to see something.

Monty 01-09-2013 02:41 PM

I was told by the sales rep that invoices were being mailed out this week (I know of one person who has received their invoice thus far), and payments are due in Feb. I can't imagine that prices would go up after last year, but we'll know soon enough. FWIW, the pricing didn't change from last year for the person I'm referencing.

Unsmooth-Moment 01-09-2013 02:52 PM

I just got my renewal in the mail today.. Tough decisions. I'm sure the upgrade options are pretty good though.

gblowfish 01-09-2013 02:54 PM

I won't commit until they let us know the fate of Casshole.

Chief_For_Life58 01-09-2013 03:04 PM

We draft Geno Thunder Dick Smith and i'm quitting my job and moving back to KC to get season tickets.

HonestChieffan 01-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9299998)
We are out. After 25+ years in the family, there is not much passion anymore to kick out 3 grand every year for tickets. The chiefs games have not been fun since 2003.

Same here. Awesome seats that someone will luck into but the $$$ just are not worth the fun.

cosmo20002 01-09-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9300442)
I just got my renewal in the mail today.. Tough decisions. I'm sure the upgrade options are pretty good though.

No big "freebies" this year? The jersey last year was pretty cool, assuming you were buying the tickets anyway. After a 2-14 season, I was at least hoping for some bribes to renew.

Molitoth 01-09-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9300560)
Same here. Awesome seats that someone will luck into but the $$$ just are not worth the fun.

Yeah, and as I recall.. you are in the same section as us? 103?

HonestChieffan 01-09-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9300632)
Yeah, and as I recall.. you are in the same section as us? 103?

Row 6

Iowanian 01-09-2013 04:03 PM

I'm not buying season tickets this year, because I'm anticipating the likely largest expenditure of my life this year.........but I'll probably attend 3 games vs 0 this year.

I'll at least want to split season tickets the following year...and the right deal maybe this year.

HolyHat 01-09-2013 04:03 PM

I've had season tickets for 8 years now. As of right now, I'm not renewing this year. I'm wore out by this team. I love everything they are doing to get it turned around but I'm taking a year off. Gonna spend $2,500 to finish my basement instead.

Paying for preseason games pisses me off, paying $27 to park pisses me off. There is no advantage to having season tickets. I will just buy tickets to whatever game I decide to go to.

But if we draft a big chocolate penis to run this offense....I may reconsider

Bearcat 01-09-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9300649)
I've had season tickets for 8 years now. As of right now, I'm not renewing this year. I'm wore out by this team. I love everything they are doing to get it turned around but I'm taking a year off. Gonna spend $2,500 to finish my basement instead.

Paying for preseason games pisses me off, paying $27 to park pisses me off. There is no advantage to having season tickets. I will just buy tickets to whatever game I decide to go to.

But if we draft a big chocolate penis to run this offense....I may reconsider

Yep, the only advantage is the opportunity to buy more stuff. IIRC, the price reduction for buying season tickets barely covers the cost of one of the preseason games.

People have told me they've sold tickets to single games that make up for the rest of the season (then they find cheap tickets for that game), and that's even been in the past couple of seasons.... hard to believe, but it's a good strategy if you can make it work.

OnTheWarpath15 01-09-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9300705)
Yep, the only advantage is the opportunity to buy more stuff. IIRC, the price reduction for buying season tickets barely covers the cost of one of the preseason games.

People have told me they've sold tickets to single games that make up for the rest of the season (then they find cheap tickets for that game), and that's even been in the past couple of seasons.... hard to believe, but it's a good strategy if you can make it work.

If you have decent seats, it'll be easy with the 2013 schedule.

Dallas and Giants visiting Arrowhead.

O.city 01-09-2013 05:13 PM

No selling tickets to other teams this year. Clark showed he cared, time to return the favor.

TribalElder 01-09-2013 05:33 PM

**** it first timer

Reerun_KC 01-09-2013 05:35 PM

And when they get everyone to pay and then trot out Cassel, trade or acquire some broke dick QB, you guys will be pissed to no end...

Clark is going to rake while we sit here and watch some slap dick behind center...

-King- 01-09-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9300990)
And when they get everyone to pay and then trot out Cassel, trade or acquire some broke dick QB, you guys will be pissed to no end...

Clark is going to rake while we sit here and watch some slap dick behind center...

Yeah....

I know....

Right????

SCTrojan 01-09-2013 06:04 PM

As they said in the Army: Re-up, Re-up, you're crazy. Re-up, Re-up, you're outta your mind.

But, of course, I'm re-upping.

HonestChieffan 01-09-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

This sort of post makes me wonder why I pull for KU. You define dumb ass

007 01-09-2013 06:08 PM

Someday,. But not yet.

TribalElder 01-09-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

If I remember correctly we are gonna be playing the next Lenny Dawson right?

If we suck then in Jan I can start a thread about
"I could have bought this instead of season tickets"

Reerun_KC 01-09-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9301106)
If I remember correctly we are gonna be playing the next Lenny Dawson right?

If we suck then in Jan I can start a thread about
"I could have bought this instead of season tickets"

LOL exactly...

ClearmontChief 01-09-2013 08:13 PM

Haven't received the invoice up here in Iowa yet. But, when I do, I'll accept and select the upgrade option. I've managed to upgrade over the last 6-7 years into pretty good seats, 121 row 7 . But, I'm on the 5 yard line...there's a couple sections to my right to get lined up more mid-field. By the time they're good, I'll have prime seats.

I don't keep all my tickets, I sold 4 games this year at face value (early...lucky for me). So, I never feel the full hit of my cost, just roll the money over into the next year. Generally, I'll add a couple cheap tickets, 5-10 bucks to the preseason games and take the whole family. That spreads the cost of my $100 seats too.

...blast away...

Renegade 01-09-2013 09:26 PM

I received my invoice today. Same deal as last year, the earlier they get your money, the more chances you have to win "freebies" such as holding the flag, sideline passes for pregame, upgrade to club level, pro-bowl for two, Superbowl for two.

Phobia 01-09-2013 10:01 PM

I'm not. I refuse to pay full-price for pre-season crap. I'll pay market for games I choose to attend, whether that's free, $20, or $150. Otherwise I'll be happy to watch it at home.

teedubya 01-09-2013 10:04 PM

I got two tickets in the corner endzone the day Reid was announced... I'm sure that the rep who took my order nearly shit himself when he found out I was the "Get a Clue" guy.

Fumblerooski 01-09-2013 10:17 PM

I was a STH until 2011 when I had my 2nd baby and couldn't afford diapers, similac, and tickets.. Getting back in this year. Was section 113 row 3.. Hopefully the rep will get me back close to the field.

BossChief 01-09-2013 10:32 PM

I was really close when we hired Reid, but I won't get season tickets till they draft a first round quarterback. A franchise quarterback is worth more than every other piece on the team, top to bottom, COMBINED. If they pass on a quarterback in the first round, I'll go to a few games...but I won't want to commit to season tickets without a quarterback.

I don't want to hear "there isn't a guy worthy" ...you evaluate them all and take the best one.

Shit, we draft Geno, I might get a resale license and buy a lot of tickets for purpose of reselling them because if Geno and Reid click (which would be inevitable) that place is gonna be filled to the brim for 12-15 years and the prices/demand should go up.

It wasn't long ago that you HAD to go to a ticket broker to get seats because ticketmaster was always sold out...that was without a franchise quarterback.

TribalElder 01-10-2013 06:34 AM

Does anyone buy a parking pass?

I think it would be easier to pay for parking now as opposed to rounding up $50.00 every Sunday to park.

Thoughts on parking passes?

Triz04 01-10-2013 06:52 AM

I don't buy the parking pass due to it being cheaper to park in general admission every sunday. You will save yourself $50 a season if you don't buy a parking pass. AND YES I'm renewing my season tickets. I was going to anyway, because the wife said she wanted to. But the hiring makes it way more exciting!

Nzoner 01-10-2013 07:19 AM

I recently upgraded the gameroom to all HD,so 7 tv's with a different game on each,cold beer and food at a fraction of the cost and no lines at the men's room is enough for me to say I'm out........

at least for now :)

Molitoth 01-10-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9302301)
I recently upgraded the gameroom to all HD,so 7 tv's with a different game on each,cold beer and food at a fraction of the cost and no lines at the men's room is enough for me to say I'm out........

Coming over.......

Nzoner 01-10-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9302327)
Coming over.......

The door is always open on regular season Sundays,however,if you'd like I can send you an invite to the Super Bowl party this season so you don't have to wait.

007 01-10-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9302338)
The door is always open on regular season Sundays,however,if you'd like I can send you an invite to the Super Bowl party this season so you don't have to wait.

hmmmmm

Nzoner 01-10-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302341)
hmmmmm

I'll let ya know too

Deberg_1990 01-10-2013 08:03 AM

ill probably get the NFL Sunday Ticket this year, but will wait and see if we draft a QB #1.

bevischief 01-10-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9302301)

Sweet.

BossChief 10-08-2013 10:30 AM

Well, I finally broke down and bought some season tickets.

Section 343

Row 6

BTW, if any of you are thinking about getting season tickets, the availability is really thinning out.

3 weeks ago, you could get 35-40 yard line seats in the first few rows.

Now, they have nothing between the 20 yard lines anymore.

Best available right now are
332 row 5
109 row 16
124 row 26
321 row 18
320 row 6

If you are thinking about getting some, the options in a month are gonna be a lot slimmer

BossChief 10-08-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9301926)
I was really close when we hired Reid, but I won't get season tickets till they draft a first round quarterback. A franchise quarterback is worth more than every other piece on the team, top to bottom, COMBINED. If they pass on a quarterback in the first round, I'll go to a few games...but I won't want to commit to season tickets without a quarterback.

I don't want to hear "there isn't a guy worthy" ...you evaluate them all and take the best one.

Shit, we draft Geno, I might get a resale license and buy a lot of tickets for purpose of reselling them because if Geno and Reid click (which would be inevitable) that place is gonna be filled to the brim for 12-15 years and the prices/demand should go up.

It wasn't long ago that you HAD to go to a ticket broker to get seats because ticketmaster was always sold out...that was without a franchise quarterback.

It still sucks that we didn't draft a quarterback ***%%coughcoughGenoSmith**%##*** but with Alex right now and Bray on the back burner with time to develop...I like the outlook both short and long term for this team.

I didnt want to wait till it was too late.

Titty Meat 10-08-2013 11:11 AM

I was close too but going to games are such a bitch. Watching at home is better.