ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From PFW.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268837)

CaliforniaChief 01-13-2013 01:32 PM

To say that you don't need a good O-line is simply untrue. However, you can use picks in rounds 3-5 to acquire depth and size on the line. I would use a first round pick if I had NOBODY or if my LT was retiring or 35 years old.

Albert's just fine. Tag him/sign him and he does great at LT.

Rounds 1-2 are for playmakers, IMO. QB, pass rushers, CB, WR.

scho63 01-13-2013 01:33 PM

I would work on signing both Albert and Bowe. If you get one done quickly, you can always use the franchise tag on the other as a last resort.

I would expect it to be easier to sign players based on what Clark just did to bring us a winner.

007 01-13-2013 01:36 PM

Get Albert signed. **** this franchise tag talk for him. If we have to tag someone, I would rather it be Bowe again.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:40 PM

Albert has back injury concerns, it makes to much sense to just tag him and see how that goes.

Sign Bowe, tag Albert, lets do this shit.

ct 01-13-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9313336)
Brandon Albert was a top 10 LT in the NFL (top 5 is overstating it, IMO).

However, we do have to deal with the very real concern that his back may/may not be a lingering problem. More O-linemen have been felled by back issues than any other injury. These are huge men that are putting a lot of strain on those disks and once the back starts to go, it tends to get worse quickly.

Geno Smith is absolutely still your guy, but be careful with deciding we have LT locked up for the next 5-6 years.

Albert's probably a guy you should tag and not extend long-term, to be honest. We need to see if he can come back next season and put those back issues behind him.

Bowe, OTOH, is durable as hell and has already played under the tag once. He should get the long-term deal and Albert should get the tag.

this

Frankie 01-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9313336)
Albert's probably a guy you should tag and not extend long-term, to be honest. We need to see if he can come back next season and put those back issues behind him.

Bowe, OTOH, is durable as hell and has already played under the tag once. He should get the long-term deal and Albert should get the tag.

Very smart post.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:57 PM

I don't think Albert's injury last year was that serious.

I think his agent told him to sit out, because it really showed how much the Chiefs miss him when he isn't in the lineup.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313769)
I don't think Albert's injury last year was that serious.

I think his agent told him to sit out, because it really showed how much the Chiefs miss him when he isn't in the lineup.

the ole Peyton Hillis trick

Coogs 01-13-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9313677)
To say that you don't need a good O-line is simply untrue. However, you can use picks in rounds 3-5 to acquire depth and size on the line.

Which we have just done. Allen, Stephenson, Asamoah, and Hudson. All have experience. Now coach them up and let them all settle into a coheisive unit with Albert and Winston.

Hell, even as good as the 69ers line is right now, they were not flawless when their 1st rounders were rookies.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9313783)
Which we have just done. Allen, Stephenson, Asamoah, and Hudson. All have experience. Now coach them up and let them all settle into a coheisive unit with Albert and Winston.

Hell, even as good as the 69ers line is right now, they were not flawless when their 1st rounders were rookies.

yes they were

O.city 01-13-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313799)
yes they were

Flawless? Nah.

Coogs 01-13-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313799)
yes they were

I watched a 69ers game once when Iupati was a rookie. He wasn't flawless that game.

EDIT: It may have been this game I am thinking about...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300926012

And the 69ers final record that season was 6-10.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313201)
I don't think anyone would be able to stop our running game if....

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Make a play for WR Greg Jennings

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

It takes about three years for a guy to "get it" at left tackle in the modern NFL, especially if he's coming out of a pure first read option, dump off spread like A&M.

They had their chance to get a franchise guy in Okung. Now you have to keep Albert unless it's top three money, and I don't see that happening. And Joeckel isn't even remotely close to Okung in terms of potential at the same level.

Albert had a good season in 2012 and it's now time to keep the line intact with the possible exception of the two guards as Asamoah has struggled to this point and I never saw Allen as a guard versus a left tackle. He doesn't have the base to anchor inside against the big defensive tackles and Asamoah was more finesse that has struggled to get out of his stance.

However, a real QB and a real offensive coordinator will also do wonders for the line and they were all solid guys coming out of college.

And you want to give Jennings money, but not Bowe?

How in the hell is your rep green?

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313816)
Jesus ****ing Christ.

It takes about three years for a guy to "get it" at left tackle in the modern NFL, especially if he's coming out of a pure first read option, dump off spread like A&M.

They had their chance to get a franchise guy in Okung. Now you have to keep Albert unless it's top three money, and I don't see that happening. And Joeckel isn't even remotely close to Okung in terms of potential at the same level.

Albert had a good season in 2012 and it's now time to keep the line intact with the possible exception of the two guards as Asamoah has struggled to this point and I never saw Allen as a guard versus a left tackle. He doesn't have the base to anchor inside against the big defensive tackles and Asamoah was more finesse that has struggled to get out of his stance.

However, a real QB and a real offensive coordinator will also do wonders for the line and they were all solid guys coming out of college.

And you want to give Jennings money, but not Bowe?

How in the hell is your rep green?

Jayhawk fans rep him when he trolls.

Otherwise everyone has acknowledged that CoMo is universally inaccurate. His seal of approval is gold around here.

If he's rooting for your opponent, you're in great shape.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 02:12 PM

lol @ people that think Asamoah has struggled.

He's one of the better starting guards in football.