ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Stem Cells Restore Vision (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267929)

Ace Gunner 12-22-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9232031)
my original reply mentioned umbilical cords which are currently the only "ethical" form of collecting embryonic stem cells from the cord blood as a byproduct of child birth. I do own the domain for the record. The internets...where everyone is an expert on everything!!

if it were affordable & "ethical" you'd be able to farm your own stem cells for use.

BigMeatballDave 12-22-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9231912)
I don't understand how people can be so opposed to stem cell research. So many amazing developments...

"Playing God"

lewdog 12-22-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9232056)
"Playing God"

I know, I really hate giving someone a better quality of life through science.

Ace Gunner 12-22-2012 02:28 PM

No crutches, wheelchairs & pacemakers for you

Bwana 12-22-2012 02:31 PM

Great news, I hope they do A LOT more of this. If the technology is there DO IT.

ChiefRocka 12-22-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9232052)
if it were affordable & "ethical" you'd be able to farm your own stem cells for use.

I believe you will be able to one day. Hopefully my investment will pay off one day, till then 9-5 baby!!

ThaVirus 12-22-2012 03:02 PM

So this can be used to restore vision to someone that is losing it, but can it give vision to someone that's never had it?

EDIT: The stem cells, that is..

Ace Gunner 12-22-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9232100)
So this can be used to restore vision to someone that is losing it, but can it give vision to someone that's never had it?

EDIT: The stem cells, that is..

theoretically -- yes, but that is a much more complex set of marching orders

LiveSteam 12-22-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9232064)
Great news, I hope they do A LOT more of this. If the technology is there DO IT.

This

I believe our children & grand children have a great chance of living well past a 100. The last time I read up this. (its been awhile) They were having no problems with the human body excepting new organs made with your stem-cells.
If I remember right? Susan Summers had a breast removed,then went to Europe where DRs took her own stem-cells & used them to grow a new perfect copy of her original breast.

Chiefshrink 12-22-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9231912)
I don't understand how people can be so opposed to stem cell research. So many amazing developments...

Those amazing developments have come primarily from 'non-fetus' stem cells and not 'fetus' stem cells'. All the research in the last 30yrs on stem cells have shown that 'non-fetus' stem cells have been far and away much more successful in many medical breakthroughs than 'fetus stem cells'. I wonder why ? Maybe God ? Maybe God will only allow blessing to go so far, especially when it comes to the sanctity of LIFE ya think ?

By the way the term 'fetus' in latin means 'child'. So for some of you who use this term thinking you are describing a non-human piece of flesh in a woman's tummy, you may want to find another term.

J Diddy 12-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9232319)
Those amazing developments have come primarily from 'non-fetus' stem cells and not 'fetus' stem cells'. All the research in the last 30yrs on stem cells have shown that 'non-fetus' stem cells have been far and away much more successful in many medical breakthroughs than 'fetus stem cells'. I wonder why ? Maybe God ? Maybe God will only allow blessing to go so far, especially when it comes to the sanctity of LIFE ya think ?

By the way the term 'fetus' in latin means 'child'. So for some of you who use this term thinking you are describing a non-human piece of flesh in a woman's tummy, you may want to find another term.

You should save your religious perspective for DC.

Oh wait....

Chiefshrink 12-22-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9232345)
You should save your religious perspective for DC.

Oh wait....

J Dildo at it again !! ROFL

Nah, you should stop trying to censor my free speech especially when it has everything to do with OP. But wait! No that won't happen because that is what Progressives( a la Marxists) do is censor free speech and opinion especially when it's THE TRUTH !!

Bowser 12-22-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9232319)

But God was ok with us finding vaccines to polio and smallpox? And good to know that a dead language has impact on our modern day morals.

Chiefshrink 12-22-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9232823)
But God was ok with us finding vaccines to polio and smallpox? And good to know that a dead language has impact on our modern day morals.

He sure was because those vaccines didn't kill anybody in the process of discovery. Dead language or dead history of origin of the language ? You know kinda of like what is happening to our country when the masses of people are soooo dumbed down they don't even know their own country's history and will repeat it like other societies and civilizations that have gone down the toilet because they repeated the same mistakes which eventually have a negative impact on your modern day morals as you say.

CoMoChief 12-22-2012 05:57 PM

It's f'ing stupid stem cell research doesn't get more funding.

But...the rich elitists want world population reduction.