ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

ModSocks 01-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9267667)
Lost in the shuffle: what does Matt Cassel have to say?

LMAO

Reid is going to turn Cassel into a multiple Pro Bowler.....

LMAO

Sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267674)
I would think 4 or 5 years of Andy Reid is exactly what we need to right now.

get us out of the shitter
stabilize us
draft/develop a QB
get the offense rolling
win a playoff game
bring a coach that can attract free agents

once he returns us to respectability we can go find a guy that can close if we need to

Yep.

The biggest problem with Marty wasn't hiring Marty, it was that he wasn't FIRED after the 1997 season.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9267672)
Also, its been said over and over again about how great this team really is (I know thats debatable) and that we just need a QB and a few tweaks. What does AZ have? Fitzgerald and thats about it.

Plus to bring Arrowhead back to its original mystique and glory? maybe Im being a homer, but KC would be much more attractive, especailly if I had the power to oust Pioli;-)

All Arizona needs is a QB and a few tweaks.

They already have a better defense than KC, but KC has a better chance of fixing that QB issue die to picking 1st.

Rasputin 01-02-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267398)

HC Andy Reid + QB Geno Smith + new GM Mike Lombardi

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...acking-off.gif

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267683)
All Arizona needs is a QB and a few tweaks.

They already have a better defense than KC, but KC has a better chance of fixing that QB issue die to picking 1st.

A few tweaks? That few tweaks better be their ENTIRE offensive line.

mr. tegu 01-02-2013 10:27 AM

This also tells me that Clark knows he needs to do something that will revitalize the fanbase and that he can't go with some unknown commodity to win over the bulk of the fans.

jd1020 01-02-2013 10:27 AM

If he's worried about going to the best chance to win why doesn't he go to Chicago?

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9267685)
A few tweaks? That few tweaks better be their ENTIRE offensive line.

It's not great, but it would look a TON better with better QB play - much like ours looked a TON better in Orton's three games.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9267687)
If he's worried about going to the best chance to win why doesn't he go to Chicago?

Cutler?

jd1020 01-02-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9267692)
Cutler?

Gonna have to explain to me why that's a question.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267682)
Yep.

The biggest problem with Marty wasn't hiring Marty, it was that he wasn't FIRED after the 1997 season.

Why would we fire a coach that goes 13-3 and fields the #1 defense in the league??

Because of Gannon/Grbac?? Because there was no instant replay?? Because the NFL wanted Elway to win a Super Bowi, and literally made it happen, down to Holmgren instructing his defense to allow Davis to walk in the go-ahead TD...

I mean, no one was suggesting that Marty leave after '97.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9267686)
This also tells me that Clark knows he needs to do something that will revitalize the fanbase and that he can't go with some unknown commodity to win over the bulk of the fans.

Andy Reid immediately fixes all that stuff

It will be looked upon and a great move by NFL media etc

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9267692)
Cutler?

Cutler is the least of their problems.

That old-ass, overpriced defense is about to need a major overhaul.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9267693)
Gonna have to explain to me why that's a question.

Cutler sucks?

Carlota69 01-02-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267680)
Zona does have a better defense

Do they? Fair enough. I dindt pay attention this year cuz we were so bad I couldnt watch football period.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267684)
HC Andy Reid + QB Geno Smith + new GM Mike Lombardi

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...acking-off.gif

Someone should slap you.

Rasputin 01-02-2013 10:32 AM

NFLnet is pretty much ruling out any other team other than Arizona. That Andy isn't interested in any other team.

Clark Hunt just needs to make a good impression & maybe have a chance I don't know. I don't think NFLnet is that accurate with what they are saying.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9267701)
Do they? Fair enough. I dindt pay attention this year cuz we were so bad I couldnt watch football period.

Me neither but i know all the defenses in the NFC west are ****ing tough

kgrund 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Actually Marty resigned after a disappointing 7-9 record in 1998 due likely to rumors of off the field issues with Marty. Chiefs have not been same since.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

They probably aren't updated.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267704)
NFLnet is pretty much ruling out any other team other than Arizona. That Andy isn't interested in any other team.

Clark Hunt just needs to make a good impression & maybe have a chance I don't know. I don't think NFLnet is that accurate with what they are saying.

The interview is already over.

wazu 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267665)
And how did that work out?

They haven't had a good QB there since McNabb, and I think McNabb might be the most overrated QB of all time.

Have his QB's been Cassel-esque?

Nope.

But they've been far from elite, and that's what you need in today's NFL.

Having the first pick is just part of the solution, you still have to pick the right guy.

It worked out pretty well at first. The Eagles had an unstoppable offense the first year he was playing.

But Vick wore down and defenses figured out his kryptonite. Reid may have hung on a little too long once that happened, but I don't see what more appealing option he had.

Before that he turned McNabb into a regular pro-bowler, and then dumped him when production dropped off.

All of this seems like acceptable judgement by the head coach, and making the most of what he had. Over the years he also had several McNabb back-ups who excelled under Reid, and stepped in for some big time performances when McNabb was hurt. Those guys never did anything of note anywhere else.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267689)
It's not great, but it would look a TON better with better QB play - much like ours looked a TON better in Orton's three games.

I think he'd be more than happy with how our offensive line stacks up against the Cardinals. He basically wouldn't have to do anything but re-sign Albert. He's got bookend tackles and a young/talented interior line. Charles already fits the RB that he likes. He'd have his pick at QB. Really all he would need to do (if he re-signs Bowe) is find a deep threat WR and a TE.

jd1020 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Well, apparently Reid is already on a plane over to AZ, so...

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267660)
Except he wins multiple playoff games and gets to championship games and a super bowl. Unlike Marty

Yeah, so he's even more frustrating.

I won't turn down the opportunity to watch the Chiefs win playoff games every year. I just hope Reid can figure out how to win the one that matters, preferably in under a decade.

Rasputin 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267702)
Someone should slap you.

For the gif? Or that I like the idea of Mike Lombardi as GM?

DaWolf 01-02-2013 10:33 AM

There's too much smoke around Arizona. We're being used for leverage IMO...

chiefzilla1501 01-02-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267567)
Not really, there are some nice players in there. Schwartz and Pinkston are good picks, Taylor's not a bad one either.

I'd say that is a slightly above average draft record. That said, refusing to give up his 2nd first rounder in a package to move up for RGIII and then using that same pick on Weeden is a pretty big strike.

In the end, I could not possibly care less if it means we're getting Reid in here. He'll do.

Yeah, surprising move. I don't at all promote their quarterback decision in Cleveland. I think holmgren has the mentality that he knows how to find quarterbacks and then hes terrific at coaching up an underdog. There's risk from that standpoint. But again... From a pure quarterback coaching standpoint, his resume is hands down the best. Geno strikes me as a guy he would like.

But the browns are a better team than people here realize. They had a brutal schedule but kept within a td of most games in the early going.

So yeah... I hope he doesn't skip over geno. But if you give him geno, he is the best at the game at coaching him up. Geno, in many ways, can be a lot like Brett Favre.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9267711)
It worked out pretty well at first. The Eagles had an unstoppable offense the first year he was playing.

But Vick wore down and defenses figured out his kryptonite. Reid may have hung on a little too long once that happened, but I don't see what more appealing option he had.

Before that he turned McNabb into a regular pro-bowler, and then dumped him when production dropped off.

All of this seems like acceptable judgement by the head coach, and making the most of what he had. Over the years he also had several McNabb back-ups who excelled under Reid, and stepped in for some big time performances when McNabb was hurt. Those guys never did anything of note anywhere else.

all true.

A.J. Feely comes immediately to mind...

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9267718)

leverage for what? its Andy Reid, he's gonna get alot of money somewhere. He doesnt need leverage. Makes no sense.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267717)
For the gif? Or that I like the idea of Mike Lombardi as GM?

Mike Lombardi.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:35 AM

jd, where did you see that he is already on a plane headed for Zona? Your saying he has already interviewed with KC?

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:36 AM

thats what someone on twitter is saying

Strongside 01-02-2013 10:36 AM

This Ian Rappaport interview on 610 right now has me wanting to blow my brains out while falling from a tall building. Why do they invite idiots like this on for interviews. He can't even convey his thoughts in a normal manner. Sounds like a frat boy who's still hungover from NYE. Obviously no homework done. IDIOT.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:36 AM

He's probably going to go see what AZ is offering him. As of right now....he's probably the best HC out there right now. He'd be dumb not to see what everyone is offering him.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267694)
Why would we fire a coach that goes 13-3 and fields the #1 defense in the league??

Because of Gannon/Grbac?? Because there was no instant replay?? Because the NFL wanted Elway to win a Super Bowi, and literally made it happen, down to Holmgren instructing his defense to allow Davis to walk in the go-ahead TD...

I mean, no one was suggesting that Marty leave after '97.

Because it was painfully obvious he couldn't close the deal and was getting desperate.

Marty's desperation resulted in the 1998 season, which was one of the most embarrassing in team history.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9267712)
I think he'd be more than happy with how our offensive line stacks up against the Cardinals. He basically wouldn't have to do anything but re-sign Albert. He's got bookend tackles and a young/talented interior line. Charles already fits the RB that he likes. He'd have his pick at QB. Really all he would need to do (if he re-signs Bowe) is find a deep threat WR and a TE.

No doubt that he'd like our OL better.

But he'd be an idiot of epic proportion if he didn't like their defense better.

In Arizona, he has holes on one side of the ball. In KC, there are significant holes on both sides.

Being completely honest, there's only two reasons why KC is a better opportunity than Arizona:

1st overall pick.

Better owner.

Christ, he may WANT the Arizona job BECAUSE Kolb is there. He may not think they have a QB problem.

MGRS13 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Money talks. Unfortunately that is not Clarks suit. Reid, Gruden, Cowher, Kelly are this years Manning. Clark doesn't understand the idea of just out bidding his competition.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9267722)
leverage for what? its Andy Reid, he's gonna get alot of money somewhere. He doesnt need leverage. Makes no sense.

Yeah, it's way more likely that he's using Ari as leverage to drive up his price for a job he wants.

Kinda like what Peyton Manning did with Ari last year.

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9267730)
This Ian Rappaport interview on 610 right now has me wanting to blow my brains out while falling from a tall building. Why do they invite idiots like this on for interviews. He can't even convey his thoughts in a normal manner. Sounds like a frat boy who's still hungover from NYE. Obviously no homework done. IDIOT.

Hesounds like he has no idea what he's talking about. He's bumbling all over the place.

Pin Head 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9267272)
I just saw it on his Facebook status...

Coming soon from Scheffter: The Chiefs are just a Geno Smith and Arenas away from a 5-11 2013.

memyselfI 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

That is what I thought when I first heard this. Guess we'll see.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Oh I fully expect him to visit Arizona still, it is only smart on his behalf. Just wanted to know where it was stated he has already done the KC interview and is on his way to Zona?

wazu 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

You know, Arizona is really hot. Don't fat guys hate that?

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

I blew this guy shit on twitter because KC is not the worst job.
2 reasons we sucked:
QB play
Coaching

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9267743)
You know, Arizona is really hot. Don't fat guys hate that?

q

jd1020 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267735)
Yeah, it's way more likely that he's using Ari as leverage to drive up his price for a job he wants.

He could also be using KC to drive up the price for the job he wants.

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267735)

Like the Arizona Cardinals didnt know that ANdy Ried would have other offers!

Strongside 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9267736)
Hesounds like he has no idea what he's talking about. He's bumbling all over the place.

Oh good....Danny is calling him out. This is why I like the Danny Parkins' Show. They basically let you know when you're being a dumbass...without actually saying it.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 9267734)
Money talks. Unfortunately that is not Clarks suit. Reid, Gruden, Cowher, Kelly are this years Manning. Clark doesn't understand the idea of just out bidding his competition.

You're dumb as ****.

Manning didn't come here because of Pioli....not money.

He made Pioli the highest paid GM in the NFL.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

As of yesterday (I haven't tuned in yet today) they were still saying Ferentz was a candidate for the job.

NFLN is WAY out of touch...

DaWolf 01-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9267722)

His agent is Bob LaMonte. Nuff said.

Bidwell is notoriously cheap. They've got some in house options for both coach and GM, so if Reid's price is too high they might turn elsewhere. Remember, Reid is going to want to bring some high profile assistants with him, which to me would be the most attractive thing about hiring him. Those guys cost money. And if he wants Heckert too, more money there.
So if Zona is "battling" us for his services, they may be more willing to give him carte blanche...

chiefzilla1501 01-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9267727)
jd, where did you see that he is already on a plane headed for Zona? Your saying he has already interviewed with KC?

This rumor mill is driving me crazy. Guy from Philly enquirer said nothing about Reid in kc on nfl network ten minutes ago.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:39 AM

Unless this interview started at 6:00am, I'm not encouraged by the reports that Reid is already on a plane to Phoenix.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267732)
Because it was painfully obvious he couldn't close the deal and was getting desperate.

Marty's desperation resulted in the 1998 season, which was one of the most embarrassing in team history.

Didn't Carl Peterson sign off on the McGlocktons, Wayne Simmonses, Bam Morrises, etc. I think Peterson drafted Vanover even though his off-field issues were so bad he left Florida State after his sophomore year to play a year in the CFL so he could be draft eligible??

Marty wasn't the only one who was desperate after '97.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267733)
No doubt that he'd like our OL better.

But he'd be an idiot of epic proportion if he didn't like their defense better.

In Arizona, he has holes on one side of the ball. In KC, there are significant holes on both sides.

Being completely honest, there's only two reasons why KC is a better opportunity than Arizona:

1st overall pick.

Better owner.

Christ, he may WANT the Arizona job BECAUSE Kolb is there. He may not think they have a QB problem.

Oh...I'd definitely take AZ's defense over ours. If he takes the job because of Kolb....then good riddance. Kolb ****ing sucks.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:40 AM

NFLN and ESPN hate the Chiefs...FACT

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Kind of like when Peyton Manning signed with Miami?

Usually when there's THIS much smoke, the team generating the smoke is the one being used.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

Christ, Ian Rappaport is STILL pimping Ferentz.

LMAO

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

AZ would be better off sticking with their DC, Horton.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

Zilla it is pretty mind blowing at times. Hard to believe some guy from Philly isn't up to date on KC interviewing Reid. Must not follow twitter? lol

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267754)
Unless this interview started at 6:00am, I'm not encouraged by the reports that Reid is already on a plane to Phoenix.

where? im not hearinganything or seeing anything about him leaving phillyyet. I heard maybe in a few hours

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

He couldn't outbid anybody for Manning. Manning wouldn't even pick up the phone because of Pioli.

007 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9267666)
That is one saving grace, he would be coming into a situation where he would be able to pick the QB he wants with the #1 overall pick.

I don't see Kolb being a issue with the type of contract he has in Zona.

My only worry about Reid is his ability to actually use Charles properly. Sure Charles would likely see more passes thrown to him which is 100% fine but you better run him plenty!

Brian Westbrook was used VERY EFFECTIVELY by Reid. I'm not worried about how he will use Charles one single bit.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9267748)
Like the Arizona Cardinals didnt know that ANdy Ried would have other offers!

Sure. But how many have a solid nucleus of young talent that includes 5 Pro Bowlers AND the #1 overall pick??

That's a HUGE attraction to this gig.

KC kid 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

I will freak the **** out if it is Ferentz. . . You should too

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Still want to know who is exactly reporting that Reid is on his way to Zona currently?

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

If AZ goes all in on Reid.....they could end up ****ing themselves.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jaguars will interview Cardinals Vice President of Player Personnel Steve Keim for their GM job later this week, per Jacksonville source.

ModSocks 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267760)
Christ, Ian Rappaport is STILL pimping Ferentz.

LMAO

He has nothing. No idea. Hence the Ferentz BS.

luv 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267754)

Yeah, I'm not reading all the way back to see if it's been mentioned, so what was the timeline on all of this going down?

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267765)
He couldn't outbid anybody for Manning. Manning wouldn't even pick up the phone because of Pioli.

yep, when they asked Pioli about that, he stood there looking dumbfounded and goes, i dont know! what kind of bullshit is that.

CoMoChief 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9267769)
I will freak the **** out if it is Ferentz. . . You should too

god damnit i sure as hell hope the **** not.....:#

DaWolf 01-02-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9267727)

From below...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9267679)
Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen

I'm late with this, but yeah, Andy talked to KC today in Philly and is headed to Az now. Maybe we can have dinner!

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9267672)
Also, its been said over and over again about how great this team really is (I know thats debatable) and that we just need a QB and a few tweaks. What does AZ have? Fitzgerald and thats about it.

Plus to bring Arrowhead back to its original mystique and glory? maybe Im being a homer, but KC would be much more attractive, especailly if I had the power to oust Pioli;-)

Arizona has one of the better defenses in the NFL and enough young personnel to get even better.

That said, Romeo Crennel probably kept their DC (Horton) from being promoted. He set back the battlefield commission for DCs by at least 2 or 3 seasons.

Arizona's a pretty good job. It's better than Buffalo, Cleveland and San Diego. And I'm not convinced KC is clearly better than Arizona.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9267752)
His agent is Bob LaMonte. Nuff said.

Bidwell is notoriously cheap. They've got some in house options for both coach and GM, so if Reid's price is too high they might turn elsewhere. Remember, Reid is going to want to bring some high profile assistants with him, which to me would be the most attractive thing about hiring him. Those guys cost money. And if he wants Heckert too, more money there.
So if Zona is "battling" us for his services, they may be more willing to give him carte blanche...

And remember this - the Chiefs don't skimp on assistants. They paid Romeo and Weis at the same time.

And under Vermeil, we had the most assistant coaches in the league.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Rappaport just stopped the interview to check text messages while talking about Ferentz.

Probably getting talking points from Pioli.

LMAO

wazu 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

If Reid thinks Arizona is the land of milk and honey because Kolb is there, then I'm fine letting him go.

Raiderhater 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

How do you figure? Four years ago he made Pioli the highest paid GM in the league.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267757)
NFLN and ESPN hate the Chiefs...FACT

I think the NFL in general hates the Chiefs.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9267753)
This rumor mill is driving me crazy. Guy from Philly enquirer said nothing about Reid in kc on nfl network ten minutes ago.

I've seen that guy the last couple of days. He thinks Reid is a slouch. Sounded like he has an axe to grind really.