ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News BREAKING NEWS!: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283027)

teedubya 04-15-2014 10:32 PM

My IQ was too high anyway... I'm trying to lower my IQ enough so that I'll finally get accepted into the police force. I only have to drop another 40 points or so.

nychief 04-15-2014 10:35 PM

Welp, case closed.

BigMeatballDave 04-15-2014 10:57 PM

Alcohol causes cirrhosis.

Are we done here?

cosmo20002 04-15-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10565246)

Is it possible that the brain abnormalities were already there but people with that brain abnormality are more likely to want to smoke pot?
The brain abnormality is leading to the pot smoking and not the other way around?

Abba-Dabba 04-15-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 10565422)
I was going to go to Denver this weekend to the first ever LEGAL Cannabis Cup... but this news changes everything. heh

Actually it's the second ever legal cannabis cup. But hey, what the **** does that matter. If I see a guy that looks like Penn Jillette, I'll make sure to throw a bud his way.

POND_OF_RED 04-15-2014 11:45 PM

I was worried until I realized the side effects were only found in casual smokers.

ClevelandBronco 04-16-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10565514)
Is it possible that the brain abnormalities were already there but people with that brain abnormality are more likely to want to smoke pot?
The brain abnormality is leading to the pot smoking and not the other way around?

Headline: People with Abnormal Brains Attracted to Weed

That's possible as well, but it doesn't sound much better.

Dayze 04-16-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10565492)
Alcohol causes cirrhosis.

Are we done here?

shhhhhh
Pot is bad.

cosmo20002 04-16-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10565548)
Headline: People with Abnormal Brains Attracted to Weed

That's possible as well, but it doesn't sound much better.

The big difference is that you can continued getting stoned without worrying that it is damaging your brain. Actually you now have an excuse--you need to spark up, and it is due to a disease.

Dayze 04-16-2014 12:57 AM

wut?

CoMoChief 04-16-2014 01:07 AM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

When you're stoned....you forget shit.

end of article.

ChiefGator 04-16-2014 05:13 AM

The results don't really come as much of a surprise, and completely jive with my personal experience. I quit smoking pot since I felt my motivation and focus were being affected even when I wasn't stoned. Since I stopped, though, I haven't felt affected. Point is, it would be more interesting to have these people stop smoking for a year and see the result. I don't think it is as 'permanent' as they think.

Never heard of 'amotivational syndrome' before. Funny.

Going to pop open another one of my health drinks I call beer now.

InChiefsHeaven 04-16-2014 05:29 AM

Quote:

My worry is we haven’t studied this compound and here we are looking to change legislation on it.
How interesting, the timing of this study. Political agenda anyone?

All I know is, I never smoked pot but I had a lot of friends who did, some more than others. Granted, it's a small sample, but they've all quit due to work reasons, it's illegal, whatever. They are all successful, well rounded people. It short, the pot smoking they did in their teens and twenties does not seem to have had an adverse affect on their ability to live happy, productive healthy lives. None of them are brain dead or overly forgetful or whatever.

That's my scientific study.

loochy 04-16-2014 05:35 AM

Nope. Pot can only cure cancer and make rainbows. It's impossible for any sort of bad thing to happen from using wonderful weed.

loochy 04-16-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10565616)
How interesting, the timing of this study. Political agenda anyone?

All I know is, I never smoked pot but I had a lot of friends who did, some more than others. Granted, it's a small sample, but they've all quit due to work reasons, it's illegal, whatever. They are all successful, well rounded people. It short, the pot smoking they did in their teens and twenties does not seem to have had an adverse affect on their ability to live happy, productive healthy lives. None of them are brain dead or overly forgetful or whatever.

That's my scientific study.

I could say the exact same thing about drinking insane amounts of alcohol in late teens and early 20s.