ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Linebacker Corp (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115488)

royr17 04-29-2005 08:04 PM

Chiefs Linebacker Corp

Its loaded this year with talent. At Outside Linebacker we have Scott Fujita, Shawn Barber, Derrick Johnson, Keyaron Fox, and Quinton Caver.

At Middle Linebacker we have Kendrell Bell, Mike Maslowski, Kawika Mitchell, Rich Scanlon, and James "Boomer" Grigsby.

Derrick Johnson is goin to end up bein a steal for the chiefs I feel, and im concerned about the ROLB position.

Now I feel our starters are goin to be Derrick Johnson at LOLB, and Kendrell Bell at MLB. But not sure about the ROLB position yet.

Last year when we drafted Keyaron Fox, Gun had said he reminded him of a young Donnie Edwards. Now im not saying he is. But I pulled up some info on this kid and of 35 or 45 games he started he had a total of 376 career tackles.

Now if you ask me thats a pretty good total. But if I had to choose between who would start I would love a LB core of DJ, Bell, and Fox. All are very fast, can tackle, and could be a very dominant linebacking core.

So tell me guys how would you feel about Keyaron Fox starting, I mean i know he didnt show anything last year, but he's had a whole offseason to improve, and If im not mistaken he was pretty damn good player for Georgia Tech when he played there.

DenverChief 04-29-2005 08:05 PM

you mean Corp?

Phobia 04-29-2005 08:06 PM

The core would be Bell.

The corps would be all 3 starters.

I think it's a little early to determine starters. We should at least wait until they have a mini-camp out of the way.

Bowser 04-29-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
you mean Corp?

Or last years version, corpse.

Thig Lyfe 04-29-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
The core would be Bell.

I think it's a little early to determine starters. We should at least wait until they have a mini-camp out of the way.

And the corpse would be Rich Scanlon after the Roys finally snap and go Mark David Chapman on him.

DenverChief 04-29-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
The core would be Bell.

You mean its not Marine Core?

royr17 04-29-2005 08:08 PM

Thanks I corrected that mistake

nascher 04-29-2005 08:08 PM

bell will play rolb
mitchell mlb
and Johnson lolb

and please scratch caver and maz from this list.

beer bacon 04-29-2005 08:08 PM

That list is wrong. As of right now Bell is slotted as an OLB.

royr17 04-29-2005 08:09 PM

I just think Fox has tremendous talent that we havent see be released yet cause gun was mad at him about his ability to not shed blocks, that bein the case he's had since the season has got over to fix that, and I would imagine that Gun has been working with him on that.

nychief 04-29-2005 08:09 PM

Key Fox is not starting, unless there are some injuries... he showed nothing as a rookie. Kawika at least got on the field as a rookie. Key was passed over by CAVER toward the end of last year....that is not a good sign.

royr17 04-29-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
That list is wrong. As of right now Bell is slotted as an OLB.

Well I have Bell projected where he belongs which is in the Middle.

royr17 04-29-2005 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
Key Fox is not starting, unless there are some injuries... he showed nothing as a rookie. Kawika at least got on the field as a rookie. Key was passed over by CAVER toward the end of last year....that is not a good sign.

I understand that . And I know the reason too, Gun was upset with him cause he was having trouble shedding blocks, like I just said a minute ago, Gun has probably been working with him on that, and I think if he gets those problems fixed that he would be a pretty good OLB for us.

Like I said I would love a lineup of DJ, Bell, and Fox. And as far as showing nothin his rookie year, thats why i would imagine he'd come to training camp with somethin to prove.

TRR 04-29-2005 08:15 PM

If Mitchell plays MLB again, I believe our run D will be as poor as it was last season. Mitchell is not starting material.

There is no way Scott Fujita sits the bench if he is 100 percent healthy. The same goes for Shawn Barber (although Barber might be out for awhile).

ILChief 04-29-2005 08:16 PM

starters: Johnson/Bell/Fujita

depth: Fox/Mitchell/Grigsby/Caver

Maz and Barber are done