ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Events in your life since last Chiefs playoff win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250746)

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:15 PM

Events in your life since last Chiefs playoff win

Some in the organization, media and fans question the loyalty of a fan who has become jaded or mocks the team after a dismal 0-3 start to the season.

To put into perspective the reasons, even the most ardent, die hard fans have become jaded and can even find jokes in the start to this season....List a timeline of events in your life since the last Chiefs playoff win.

Feel free to include life events, inventions, whatever item you feel represents the reasons we as fans should expect more out of ownership of this team, and why they owe us more....

DJJasonp 09-29-2011 02:16 PM

We landed on the moon?

Titty Meat 09-29-2011 02:17 PM

I was in 2nd grade the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.

suzzer99 09-29-2011 02:21 PM

Moved to SF, moved to LA, got a career, got some hobbies, got fatter, got skinnier, got fatter... (repeats for a long time).

Now I'm depressed, thanks OP.

DJJasonp 09-29-2011 02:21 PM

just a thought.........but we're at about that point where Zubaz pants became popular, then became out of style.......and now on the cusp of being popular again??

Crap:banghead:

Stewie 09-29-2011 02:23 PM

I live in the same house and work for the same company. How sad is that?

</post> 09-29-2011 02:24 PM

Pretty much every event in my life other than my birth, learning to walk, potty training, and my first day of school.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-29-2011 02:25 PM

Everything I did in my life after sixth grade. I guess the first major milestone was beating off.

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:26 PM

In 1993 I was in college.
Since the last Chiefs playoff win my timeline includes the following
1. 3 years of college to completion
2. A puppy became a dog, lived and died of old age and sickness
3. 3 relationships over 1 year came and went
4. entered the workforce in my job market, and have developed a relatively succesful 15 year career.
5. Have purchased and remodeled 3 homes
6. Have buried at least 10 friends and family
7. Got another puppy, who became a dog, and is now dead
8.Cell phones were in a bag, in the car, and now......
9. Met a girl, courted, and dated for 3 years
10. Married the princess
11. witnessed the birth of 3 children, have been through their sicknesses, teething, and now 1 is even losing teeth and riding a bike
12. Started a business, built it up to a successful level
13. purchased a lot, built a cabin
14. learned about bow hunting and since the last win, became a seasoned hunter with a thousand hours in a tree waiting on a playoff win.
15. Terrorists attacked our country, knocked down buildings, we've fought a decade of war, my brother has joined the army, airborne and done multiple tours of service.....and he wasn't in Jr High yet for the last Chiefs playoff win.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm a football cubs fan, who may live my entire life, become a grandfather and die without a whiff at a championship. It's bad enough, I've just created a thread which would normally be smack by an opposing fan.

These are some of the reasons this fan doesn't care if the current players have Tshirts that "can't hear the hate". I sure as hell wish the owner would hear it while sitting on $30mil in cap space.

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:29 PM

This was likely your cell phone, if you were even a cell owner in 1993, to call your friend to tell them about the most recent Chiefs playoff win.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...2bwneNAT_C2Ece

mlyonsd 09-29-2011 02:30 PM

My youngest son was born 2 years after that.

He's now a Junior in high school.

Iowanian 09-29-2011 02:30 PM

Most of the cars purchased in 1993, are no longer on the road.

tboss27 09-29-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by </post> (Post 7953025)
Pretty much every event in my life other than my birth, learning to walk, potty training, and my first day of school.

This. I am a sucker, I've shelled out for tickets to a team who hasn't won a playoff game since I was in Kindergarten.

WhiteWhale 09-29-2011 02:30 PM

I was 12.

I'm now 30.

I really don't know where to start with that one....

chop 09-29-2011 02:30 PM

Biggest things:

Got Married
Had my first child (daughter)
Moved to Michigan to be closer to the wifes family
Changed careers
My son was born
Bunch of stuff with the family
Daughter graduated high school and is now enrolled in college.
Son is a sophomore in high school.
Started my own business.