ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   They tried to fix that stupid cell phone commercial. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108241)

Rain Man 01-11-2005 11:16 PM

They tried to fix that stupid cell phone commercial.

You know, the one where the ref calls home to have his wife make the instant replay call? And then he yells, "First Down!" after ruling the pass out of bounds.

I guess they got enough complaints about the stupidity, so they dubbed a voiceover saying something like, "It's a review of the fourth-down pass." The only way the replay call and the first down would work together is if the first down related to a change of possession.

Of course, the ref is still pointing in the wrong direction, but you can't get everything.

go bo 01-11-2005 11:19 PM

yeah, that commercial was a bit off, wasn't it?

i haven't seen the edited version yet...

guess it's easier to dub the voice than to shoot new footage...

CosmicPal 01-11-2005 11:20 PM

Obviously that commercial was directed by a Bronco fan.

morphius 01-11-2005 11:22 PM

LOL! I hadn't noticed it was messed up, of course I generally turn on the ignore funtion when a commercial comes on.

Morphius
a little to good at that.

go bo 01-11-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
LOL! I hadn't noticed it was messed up, of course I generally turn on the ignore funtion when a commercial comes on.

Morphius

soooooo...

who else have you got on ignore?

Frazod 01-11-2005 11:28 PM

I was amazed by the stupidity of a Jeep Liberty commercial I saw earlier this evening.

It shows a volcano erupting in the distance. Boulders, and then a Jeep, land in the foreground. Then the Jeep drives away, as the disclaimer "DO NOT ATTEMPT" flashes on the screen.

:stupid:

go bo 01-11-2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I was amazed by the stupidity of a Jeep Liberty commercial I saw earlier this evening.

It shows a volcano erupting in the distance. Boulders, and then a Jeep, land in the foreground. Then the Jeep drives away, as the disclaimer "DO NOT ATTEMPT" flashes on the screen.

:stupid:

can you imagine riding the jeep down and then driving it away?

probably somebody will try it...

that jackass stuff is all the craze these days... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Frazod 01-11-2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
can you imagine riding the jeep down and then driving it away?

probably somebody will try it...

that jackass stuff is all the craze these days... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

More power to 'em. I'm all for cleaning the gene pool.

Head to the summit of Mt. St. Helens and wait. :D

go bo 01-11-2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

More power to 'em. I'm all for cleaning the gene pool.

Head to the summit of Mt. St. Helens and wait. :D

who was that comedian that had the catch line "thin the herd"?

it was some white guy, but i can't remember his name...

Frazod 01-11-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
who was that comedian that had the catch line "thin the herd"?

it was some white guy, but i can't remember his name...

I'm not sure, but I like the idea. We'd be much better off as a species if raving stupidity was fatal.

go bo 01-11-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure, but I like the idea. We'd be much better off as a species if raving stupidity was fatal.

but then there wouldn't be anybody left on the planet to talk to... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Michael Michigan 01-12-2005 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
You know, the one where the ref calls home to have his wife make the instant replay call? And then he yells, "First Down!" after ruling the pass out of bounds.

I guess they got enough complaints about the stupidity, so they dubbed a voiceover saying something like, "It's a review of the fourth-down pass." The only way the replay call and the first down would work together is if the first down related to a change of possession.

Of course, the ref is still pointing in the wrong direction, but you can't get everything.

Is there really a voice over--idiots.

FWIW

I just saw the ad in question earlier it and I believe he's pointing in the right direction. I think it is supposed to be a 4th down pass and the WR is coming back to the ball to make the catch, Once he's out of bounds the ball should go over to the other team, hence 1st down in the other direction.

If he would have caught it the ref would be pointing to the left side of your TV screen, since he missed it he points towards the right.

And--I would only analyze something this stupid in such detail for Kevin..............and some pie.

;)

morphius 01-12-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius

Morphius

The way my wife yells at me for not listening, one would have to guess her.