ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bobby Bell joins WPI's Out of Bounds Podcast (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189342)

FAX 08-19-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4928331)
I'm a total whore. And I love the Chiefs. I love going to training camp. Getting a letter from King Carl was great. I like being a part of "new" media. I don't think I could ever work for a daily newspaper. Did I mention Gunther Cunningham loves my videos? All made possible because of my connection with Warpaint Illustrated.

I don't think you're a whore, Mr. GoChiefs. Total or otherwise. I'm certain that many Planeteers endure far less enjoyable employment than you. Heck, some days I don't like my job and I was the one who made it up. And just so there's no misunderstanding, my earlier comments were not intended as a request that you justify your existence or your vocation. Rather, I'm merely pointing out that you do, in fact, make posts along the lines of "We knew such and so over at WPI three weeks ago" and "We had an article about that at WPI last night" and other similar statements.

If your intention and desire is to add value to ChiefsPlanet by providing news and information, I can say nothing but "Thank you". For, in this you certainly contribute more than your fair share. However, posts like the example above are, to my mind, inconsistent with that objective. They are, by any reasonable standard of measure, spam.

All I'm asking is that you recognize that fact and that those types of posts are both irritating to others and, frankly, in violation (if not of the letter, certainly of the spirit) of the board rules. You were an established member here long before I, though, so I don't feel it's my place to say anything more about it - other than I hope and trust you'll see fit to discontinue that behavior for the sake of all the little yellow babies all over the world and the remains of my pitiable brainpan.

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-19-2008 09:58 PM

OK, you're right FAX. I do make those comments - occasionally. But not often. If you're annoyed by them, I apologize. I'll stop. If you see me make one, reprimand me harshly by PM.

Phobia 08-19-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4928164)
Not all of them are newsworthy.

Wow - then why would you post them over there? Is it just fluff garbage?

Skip Towne 08-19-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 4927906)
I don't think there's any argument that WPI's forums are different than ChiefsPlanet from a philosophical standpoint. They fully embrace censorship, while one of the fundamental tenets of ChiefsPlanet is the lack of it. I guess that's why I hesitate so much with actually saying "No WPI articles on ChiefsPlanet." It just strikes me as going against some of the basic principals of this place.

Principles

FAX 08-19-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4928620)
Principles

LOLOROLGVVST

I'm normally not a grammar hound (I make my share of spelling mistakes all the time, as you know), but I couldn't help noticing that, earlier this evening, Ms. KCJohhny misspelled the word, "defensive" in a post somewhere on the board. I have to tell you, when a member of our armed forces (who relishes any opportunity to expound on the many reasons why he is superior to us civilians), misspells the word "defensive", it doesn't make me feel very dang secure.

FAX

Skip Towne 08-19-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4928627)
LOLOROLGVVST

I'm normally not a grammar hound (I make my share of spelling mistakes all the time, as you know), but I couldn't help noticing that, earlier this evening, Ms. KCJohhny misspelled the word, "defensive" in a post somewhere on the board. I have to tell you, when a member of our armed forces (who relishes any opportunity to expound on the many reasons why he is superior to us civilians), misspells the word "defensive", it doesn't make me feel very dang secure.

FAX

Agree on KCJ but that was not a spelling mistake. Principles and principals are two entirely different words.

FAX 08-19-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4928639)
Agree on KCJ but that was not a spelling mistake. Principles and principals are two entirely different words.

I know, I know. It just reminded me of something, that's all. I learned about the difference between "principles" and "principals" whilst in the fifth grade or so. In order to provide me with a memory tool, one of my teachers said I could easily remember the difference because the "principal" is your "pal". That was only one of the blatant, brazen, disgusting lies they fed me at that school.

FAX

Smed1065 08-19-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4928652)
I know, I know. It just reminded me of something, that's all. I learned about the difference between "principles" and "principals" whilst in the fifth grade or so. In order to provide me with a memory tool, one of my teachers said I could easily remember the difference because the "principal" is your "pal". That was only one of the blatant, brazen, disgusting lies they fed me at that school.

FAX

No flashbacks please.

This is not qualified shrink....

Skip Towne 08-19-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4928652)

FAX

Kind of like "the police are your friends". Yeah, if your friends want to search your car for no reason and put you in jail if they find something "illegal". I'll find my own friends, thanks anyway

FAX 08-19-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 4928674)
No flashbacks please.

This is not qualified shrink....

Sorry, Mr. Smed1065. It's just that they had few principles at that school and, to tell the honest truth, it still kind of bothers me sometimes. But you're right, of course, ChiefsPlanet isn't the place to seek out psychiatric assistance in any form. Anyway, I usually feel better when I'm pulling the legs off bugs and things.

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-24-2008 06:20 PM

First podcast is up! Bobby Bell rules!

http://kan.scout.com/2/782490.html

mdstu 08-24-2008 06:49 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this was covered.
Didn't you guys have Bell on predraft?
Seems like I remember there being a whole podcast devoted to some Chiefs promotion, that offered a game/day with Bell.