ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

O.city 01-13-2012 05:38 PM

Me and the wife started the Paleo diet last week. It sucks but it's going great. I've been working out pretty hard core, when I can. It's tough with having 27 hours this semester.

Anyway, we are working pretty hard.

luv 01-13-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292389)
Yup :thumb: I've noticed. You and I are the only ones who are really posting regularly in this thread. Keep it up, I know I will. (heh)

I plan to. I'm not dieting. I'm simply changing how I eat and what I eat. I'm not doing any of the fad diet, meal supplements, pills, etc. Just being more aware of what goes into my body. Losing weight is simply burning more calories than you consume. I just want the calories that I am consuming to be good for my body and my health.

Buck 01-13-2012 05:47 PM

Well God Damnit. I went out for a bike ride around the lake and I noticed my bike was making a weird noise. I got off the bike and rolled it while walking next to it to see if I could figure out what it was. The back brake is stuck so that it's always touching the wheel. I need an Allen Wrench to loosen it, which I don't have. The back brake is nearly worn off too. This sucks.

I bought the thing for $30 yesterday and was super excited. I need to make a trip to the hardware store to fix it now. Guess I won't ride until tomorrow. I got about a quarter mile away from my house and then rode back. Even the half mile I rode wore me out. I need to ease into getting back into working out. I think I may go out for a walk a little later.

chiefs2012 01-13-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292409)
Well God Damnit. I went out for a bike ride around the lake and I noticed my bike was making a weird noise. I got off the bike and rolled it while walking next to it to see if I could figure out what it was. The back brake is stuck so that it's always touching the wheel. I need an Allen Wrench to loosen it, which I don't have. The back brake is nearly worn off too. This sucks.

I bought the thing for $30 yesterday and was super excited. I need to make a trip to the hardware store to fix it now. Guess I won't ride until tomorrow. I got about a quarter mile away from my house and then rode back. Even the half mile I rode wore me out. I need to ease into getting back into working out. I think I may go out for a walk a little later.

I will run your ass until you can't eat supper.

Buck 01-13-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8292492)
I will run your ass until you can't eat supper.

Are you a personal trainer?

Caseyguyrr 01-13-2012 06:37 PM

i want in this

mnchiefsguy 01-13-2012 06:38 PM

No real update for me...I am only weighing in once a week (Mondays), and I have not really gotten my exercise off to any kind of start yet.

Wife signed us up at the YMCA..so I have that option. My neighbors have also offered to loan me their DVD sets of P90x and Insanity if I want them.

I also have Biggest Loser and EA fitness (first one) for the Wii. I may try that out first, since I think I am so out of shape that P90x or Insanity would probably kill me.

Feeling pretty good so far. Keeping the carb count down under 100 per day, and avoiding wheat/gluten. I have noticed that avoiding the gluten has helped my blood sugar reading immensely. Not seeing the huge spikes I was seeing after meals, even if I have a few potatoes.

Will see what happens. Hoping to get some exercise in over the weekend so I can have a decent number on Monday!

chiefs2012 01-13-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292494)
Are you a personal trainer?

I can be.

keg in kc 01-13-2012 06:41 PM

I'm not weighing myself until my birthday (february 15th) so I won't have a whole lot of input regarding this until after that point.

I can say that I've been running and biking both in January thanks to the mild weather, and I've now gone 13 days without dining out.

Buck 01-13-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8292500)
No real update for me...I am only weighing in once a week (Mondays), and I have not really gotten my exercise off to any kind of start yet.

Wife signed us up at the YMCA..so I have that option. My neighbors have also offered to loan me their DVD sets of P90x and Insanity if I want them.

I also have Biggest Loser and EA fitness (first one) for the Wii. I may try that out first, since I think I am so out of shape that P90x or Insanity would probably kill me.

Feeling pretty good so far. Keeping the carb count down under 100 per day, and avoiding wheat/gluten. I have noticed that avoiding the gluten has helped my blood sugar reading immensely. Not seeing the huge spikes I was seeing after meals, even if I have a few potatoes.

Will see what happens. Hoping to get some exercise in over the weekend so I can have a decent number on Monday!

Get your carb count down to 50 or less and increase your fat intake and I bet you'll lose weight a lot faster....

Not sure if that's your goal or not though.

whoman69 01-13-2012 08:11 PM

I have lost a pound so far. I need to really ramp up the exercise. I also need to find a graph of calorie requirements and stick closer to that. Hurts because I'm an anti-vegetarian, but I can make this work. I couple years ago I lost 17 pounds, but let it slowly get back on. Want to have a nice beach body for my trip to Virginia Beach this summer.

Kyle DeLexus 01-13-2012 08:17 PM

down 4lbs.

mnchiefsguy 01-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292554)
Get your carb count down to 50 or less and increase your fat intake and I bet you'll lose weight a lot faster....

Not sure if that's your goal or not though.

I can only go a few days at the super low carb before I get a little nutty. Looking back on this week however, I only had one day over 60 carbs, the rest of them were actually around the 45-55 mark, so I guess I was consuming less carbs than I thought. First week's weight loss was decent, and I have noticed a difference in the way my pants fit, which is a good thing.

How many days do you super low carb it before you allow yourself a day to treat yourself (within reason)?

Buck 01-13-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8292838)
I can only go a few days at the super low carb before I get a little nutty. Looking back on this week however, I only had one day over 60 carbs, the rest of them were actually around the 45-55 mark, so I guess I was consuming less carbs than I thought. First week's weight loss was decent, and I have noticed a difference in the way my pants fit, which is a good thing.

How many days do you super low carb it before you allow yourself a day to treat yourself (within reason)?

I don't have the desire to eat any carbs.

I don't think I will.

At about the 8 day mark of no carb, I lost all desire for them. It's smooth sailing from here on out.

mnchiefsguy 01-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8292840)
I don't have the desire to eat any carbs.

I don't think I will.

At about the 8 day mark of no carb, I lost all desire for them. It's smooth sailing from here on out.

Cool. Not sure I can ever give up my desire for Pizza....