ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Seinfeld and Kramer-together again and going for coffee (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264652)

ZepSinger 10-04-2012 02:39 PM

Seinfeld and Kramer-together again and going for coffee

No idea if this has been posted before, but it's pretty cool seeing these guys interacting again after all these years...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wriy3ICfF9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 10-04-2012 09:53 PM

Really liked this. They talked about how well they clicked during Seinfeld, and it was apparent that they didnt skip a beat.

Jenson71 10-04-2012 10:31 PM

That was really good. I hope Richards does come to that point where he can put that bag down. He seems like a good person who like everyone, has made mistakes. It doesn't define his legacy.

Two-Twenty 10-04-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8978148)
That was really good. I hope Richards does come to that point where he can put that bag down. He seems like a good person who like everyone, has made mistakes. It doesn't define his legacy.

yes the **** it does

i know people who have worked with him since and everyone on set is whispering and snickering

nobody says u cant be a racist piece of shit, theres just consequences sometimes

Jenson71 10-04-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Twenty (Post 8978166)
yes the **** it does

i know people who have worked with him since and everyone on set is whispering and snickering

nobody says u cant be a racist piece of shit, theres just consequences sometimes

I don't think he's racist or a piece of shit. I think he went verbally crazy at a moment when he had a lot of adrenaline going, and instead of having that moment in private or with their spouse or co-worker or friend, it was at his job, which happens to be in front of a live audience.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8978205)
I don't think he's racist or a piece of shit. I think he went verbally crazy at a moment when he had a lot of adrenaline going, and instead of having that moment in private or with their spouse or co-worker or friend, it was at his job, which happens to be in front of a live audience.

Grown ups don't flip the **** out and use racial slurs unless they are at least a tad bit racist.

Munson 10-05-2012 01:39 PM

Meh. It was mildly entertaining until Richards mentioned his "incident."

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8979437)

I think this was the whole point of the "episode": For Richards to apologize and seek forgiveness.

Munson 10-05-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979459)
I think this was the whole point of the "episode": For Richards to apologize and seek forgiveness.

If that was the point, I suppose they succeeded. I was expecting to laugh my ass off.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8979471)
If that was the point, I suppose they succeeded. I was expecting to laugh my ass off.

The only real work Michael Richards has seen since the "incident" has been through Seinfeld. I think Jerry cares about his long time friend and was doing his part to help to rehabilitate Richards' image.

While I think that Richards was in the wrong at the time, I've seen and heard far worse at Comedy Clubs.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979552)
The only real work Michael Richards has seen since the "incident" has been through Seinfeld. I think Jerry cares about his long time friend and was doing his part to help to rehabilitate Richards' image.

While I think that Richards was in the wrong at the time, I've seen and heard far worse at Comedy Clubs.

This.

The dude has apologized profusely about the incident. Continually damning him for it for the rest of his life is bullshit.

FFS.....Vick did what he did and people love him like it's no big deal.

Easy 6 10-05-2012 03:26 PM

I totally loved this, imagine being out somewhere & seeing those two running around together, what a cool freak out that would be.

The chess story was awesome.

Buehler445 10-05-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8979437)

What did he do? I missed this?

Urc Burry 10-05-2012 03:41 PM

Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time IMO. I still have been watching it

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8979743)
What did he do? I missed this?

He was being heckled pretty heavily by some African-Americans at a comedy club. He responded using the "N" word, accusing them of not having jobs, etc. They recorded his comments, then posted them on the internet.

Everything is public nowadays.

L.A. Chieffan 10-05-2012 03:44 PM

I'm stealing that chess story. Only about ten people have seen this anyways

Buehler445 10-05-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979763)
He was being heckled pretty heavily by some African-Americans at a comedy club. He responded using the "N" word, accusing them of not having jobs, etc. They recorded his comments, then posted them on the internet.

Everything is public nowadays.

Did not know that. Thanks.

Two-Twenty 10-05-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979552)

Wow, youre probably older than me, but ive been to a ton of comedy clubs and never heard anything this bad. Not just because im black, but because this weak minded buffoon completly stopped his comedy routine and got all the way emotional.

Of course ive heard racist and sexist jokes come from comedians of multiple ethnicities, but when you completely breakdown and stop your routine to remind an audience member that "50 years ago you would be hanging from a rope right now" or some stupid shit like that, with all the seriousness and malice he could muster up, well thats some damning shit.

OK for anonymous CP members hiding behind keyboards, but not ok for celebrities in the public eye benefitting from public advertising money.

CoMoChief 10-05-2012 07:11 PM

You can say racists things and not really mean it.....doesn't mean you're a racist, it just means you were stupid and probably should have chosen your words better. Happens to me all the time.

This was a great webisode. That chess story is really true. I'm not expert or pro...but same thing goes for like ping pong, darts and pool....you can go to some hobo bar in the bad parts of an inner city and you'll get your shit worked at games like that. I'm an exceptionally good ping pong player. Been playing since I was 6-7 yrs old. Played this (what looked to be some homeless bum) in some hole in the wall bar in the north part of Chicago, not really downtown, but a little west of Hollywood Ave if anyone knows the area.

This guy must have been Forrest Gump's ****ing cousin or something because I've NEVER gotten my shit worked like that ....EVER. Skunked my ass 3x in a row. Had to buy him 3 drinks. Almost a good thing too...because had I won, things probably would have gotten awkward because I doubt he had the money to buy me a single drink. In fact I didn't see him pay for a drink all night long. I bet he goes there and finds people to play and he always hustles people. Craziest shit I've ever seen. The guy looked like Lt. Dan (minus the wheelchair) and played like Gump.

Easy 6 10-05-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Twenty (Post 8980310)
Wow, youre probably older than me, but ive been to a ton of comedy clubs and never heard anything this bad. Not just because im black, but because this weak minded buffoon completly stopped his comedy routine and got all the way emotional.

Of course ive heard racist and sexist jokes come from comedians of multiple ethnicities, but when you completely breakdown and stop your routine to remind an audience member that "50 years ago you would be hanging from a rope right now" or some stupid shit like that, with all the seriousness and malice he could muster up, well thats some damning shit.

OK for anonymous CP members hiding behind keyboards, but not ok for celebrities in the public eye benefitting from public advertising money.

On a basic, human level... havent you ever been a terrible person at some point in life, learned hard truths about it & strived to redeem yourself?

durtyrute 10-05-2012 07:27 PM

If he was some young punk who didn't know better then maybe I could see how that could happen out of anger. This guy was what, 40 something when he said it? 40 year old men should have enough control to not go around saying shit like that, unless they have "racist tendencies." I love/loved the show and think it was the funniest in TV history, but that was still ****ed up.

chasedude 10-05-2012 07:37 PM

Nice seeing those two together again. I sure miss the show, still watch old episodes when I see them in syndication.
As for his apology, I'm glad he said it. We've all done things in our past that we'd like to remain as skeletons in our closet, no one is a saint around here. Racism will never be gone until ALL OF US, black... white... whatever lets it go. He apologized, get over it.

Two-Twenty 10-05-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8980453)
On a basic, human level... havent you ever been a terrible person at some point in life, learned hard truths about it & strived to redeem yourself?

o hell yeah, ive been the worst. and ive learned from my mistakes

and im not even judging him. all humans make mistakes

chasedude 10-05-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Twenty (Post 8980540)
o hell yeah, ive been the worst. and ive learned from my mistakes

and im not even judging him. all humans make mistakes

but on another note; you only have to rape one little boy to land on the sex offender list

I'm sure you're just trying to dramatic with your metaphor but raping a child is no where NEAR calling someone a racial slur.

Easy 6 10-05-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Twenty (Post 8980540)
but on another note; you only have to rape one little boy to land on the sex offender list

An evil predeliction for little kids is far different from the kind of moral lapse that all people have been guilty of.

Once guilty, forever guilty? thats a very unfair standard, but carry on.

Two-Twenty 10-05-2012 08:08 PM

obviously im not comparing the two. im just saying i believe he showed his true colors.

youre right the metapohor was a little too much so i deleted it. but i think u got the point.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 08:13 PM

If you are over the age of 25 and in anger you say the N word then you probably have some racists ways.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 08:23 PM

Everyone has some form of racial tendencies.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8980637)

True indeed, I'm not blasting him for it, just stating facts.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Yes, I've heard worse. I went to comedy clubs in the KC area in the 80's (Stanfords - both locations and more) and heard more offensive language and "humor" than when Richards clearly lost it.

I'm not condoning his actions. It's obvious he was on edge and should have just walked away but instead, took the low road.

Quote:

See above. He's not Mel Gibson. He hasn't had multiple instances of public or overt racism. He had a bad day and made a bad choice.

Again, not condoning, just recognizing the facts.

Quote:

OK for anonymous CP members hiding behind keyboards,

I don't think that's "okay" on CP. As a matter of fact, I think it's a bannable offense, as it should be.

Quote:

but not ok for celebrities in the public eye benefitting from public advertising money.

You lost me here. What exactly are you referencing?

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8980614)
If you are over the age of 25 and in anger you say the N word then you probably have some racists ways.

What does age have to do with it?

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8980511)
If he was some young punk who didn't know better then maybe I could see how that could happen out of anger. This guy was what, 40 something when he said it? 40 year old men should have enough control to not go around saying shit like that, unless they have "racist tendencies." I love/loved the show and think it was the funniest in TV history, but that was still ****ed up.

He was in his mid 50's, FWIW.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8981028)
What does age have to do with it?

People earlier were trying to excuse it like it's no big deal. That might be "kinda" true for some young punk, but a man that is in his 50's (thanks for the correction) should be mature enough to not go there. Unless, he has some racists ways.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8981054)
People earlier were trying to excuse it like it's no big deal. That might be "kinda" true for some young punk, but a man that is in his 50's (thanks for the correction) should be mature enough to not go there. Unless, he has some racists ways.

This is a weird tangent for me.

I've known plenty of guys, Black, Mexican and Asian, that have no issue saying "****a" both in friendly and derogatory ways. People age 22-45.

Personally, I don't think there's any difference between the two words, yet to some people, there is a difference.

Whatever the case, I don't use nor condone using either. Besides the fact that my brain doesn't go there, it's a really slippery slope.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8980637)

I never considered myself racist in any way until I moved to Los Angeles and in my third apartment, I lived next to: You guessed it...Russians.

I lived next to an older Russian couple that drove me batty. My wife (girlfriend at the time) who is Asian, noticed my disdain shortly after she moved in with me.

Everything they did made me nuts: Their language, their smell, their food, etc. One night, my wife and I talked it out. Long story short, I grew up during the Cold War and was raised pretty much to hate Russia and everything about them. They were going to nuke us and in 1983, did in a movie set in Lawrence, Kansas. They were Communist and evil and I subconsciously hated them, without knowing it.

Fast forward a few months and our head programmer at Uni was Russian. I had to work with him on a huge project and I wasn't happy about it. Come to find out, he and his family escaped Russia in 1980. He lost a daughter to gun fire as they were escaping. His wife and other two children made it but you could see in his eyes that it still hurt badly, 17 years later.

At that point, I pretty much learned to let it go.

Two-Twenty 10-06-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8981024)
Yes, I've heard worse. I went to comedy clubs in the KC area in the 80's (Stanfords - both locations and more) and heard more offensive language and "humor" than when Richards clearly lost it.

I'm not condoning his actions. It's obvious he was on edge and should have just walked away but instead, took the low road.

See above. He's not Mel Gibson. He hasn't had multiple instances of public or overt racism. He had a bad day and made a bad choice.

Again, not condoning, just recognizing the facts.

I don't think that's "okay" on CP. As a matter of fact, I think it's a bannable offense, as it should be.

You lost me here. What exactly are you referencing?

Yeah, it just bothers me that the tirade wasnt in joke form at all. it looked and sounded very real, which is scary considering hate crimes and the mob mentality that some people have.

Just arguing about Kramers legacy.

I could be wrong but I dont see him getting another shot on a major network. I dont think advertisers will risk a boycott or really low ratings by backing this guy. Those are the cosequences i was referring to. I know its not tolerated on CP either but you can say racist things and the world will never know. But in real life, depending on your industry, there could be repercussions for what you say.

007 10-06-2012 02:02 AM

That was fun to watch and I didn't even care that much for their sitcom. Loved the music in it too.

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Twenty (Post 8981269)
I could be wrong but I dont see him getting another shot on a major network. I dont think advertisers will risk a boycott or really low ratings by backing this guy.

He's 63 years old. He hasn't been on a network TV show the ill-fated Michael Richards Show in 2000, which only lasted a few weeks.

2006 rant or not, the guy wasn't garnering any network attention, anyway and I agree, it definitely sealed his fate.

qabbaan 10-06-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Of course ive heard racist and sexist jokes come from comedians of multiple ethnicities, but when you completely breakdown and stop your routine to remind an audience member that "50 years ago you would be hanging from a rope right now"

So the problem was with the delivery?

Tons of edgy, racist stuff happens in every comedy club. Those places are cesspools for the raunchy and tasteless. Most of the reason this became a big deal was because it was Kramer. If he'd been small time or if the races were reversed, nobody makes a big deal.

That being said, it was racist, he apologized, he seems repentant, the guys career was ruined. I think he has paid the penalty for a few n bombs, and if he wants to entertain people again, which is what he loves doing, good for him.