ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Joeckel vs. Fisher (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270639)

ChiefRocka 03-02-2013 08:14 AM

Joeckel vs. Fisher

Assuming we go LT to free up that cap space. In my humble opinion Joeckel anchors better but loses leverage in pass pro above the waist. His feet and awareness are impressive. Fisher plays with much more upper body strength and is a true mauler in the run game. Has a much tougher demeanor and appears to try harder. Now is this because he has to in order to make up for his technical flaws and lack of superior foot speed??

Either way it's 1 and 1a between the two but right now I'm liking Joeckel if we run a true Andy Reid pass happy offense and Fisher if we play off our existing run game strength.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-02-2013 12:45 PM

Either is Ok. I think they will take Fisher though. Mayock says the Johnson kid is right there with them.

chiefscafan 03-02-2013 12:53 PM

Erich fisher for me I think he is gonna be great. I still sign Albert and trade down get multiple picks this year and next :)

redsurfer11 03-02-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9456605)
Assuming we go LT to free up that cap space. In my humble opinion Joeckel anchors better but loses leverage in pass pro above the waist. His feet and awareness are impressive. Fisher plays with much more upper body strength and is a true mauler in the run game. Has a much tougher demeanor and appears to try harder. Now is this because he has to in order to make up for his technical flaws and lack of superior foot speed??

Either way it's 1 and 1a between the two but right now I'm liking Joeckel if we run a true Andy Reid pass happy offense and Fisher if we play off our existing run game strength.

Both of these players are Excellent and deserve to fight over the #1 Pick. I give the edge to Joeckel. His game films are remarkable. Have any of you taken the time to look at them?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 01:38 PM

I'd take Fisher.

I've taken an extensive look at Fisher and at Joeckel in lengthy threads, which include ample clips.

Feel free to peruse them and decide for yourself.

Long story short: Fisher's more athletic and quicker. I'd go with him.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2013 10:54 AM

Here's the question that bothers me. If we sign Albert is there any need at all to sign a tackle. Albert has stated he does not want to be a guard. We have a developing beast at right tackle already. Can we move Asomough to guard and put Fisher at right tackle ? Or could we just make Fisher Left guard and have a beast of a line for Charles to run behind.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9456605)

Why would you favor Joekel in the Reid pass happy offense when you just said he loses leverage in pass protection? Not trying to be argumentative here just sayin.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457103)
I'd take Fisher.

I've taken an extensive look at Fisher and at Joeckel in lengthy threads, which include ample clips.

Feel free to peruse them and decide for yourself.

Long story short: Fisher's more athletic and quicker. I'd go with him.

AND another difference is that if you hit Luke too hard he will cry and if you hit Eric harder he will just smile and say "F you bring it on bitch" !!!

Blue collar vs Silver spoon and I will take blue collar every time especially when playing the line.

Direckshun 03-03-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9459902)
Here's the question that bothers me. If we sign Albert is there any need at all to sign a tackle. Albert has stated he does not want to be a guard. We have a developing beast at right tackle already. Can we move Asomough to guard and put Fisher at right tackle ? Or could we just make Fisher Left guard and have a beast of a line for Charles to run behind.

If we resign Albert, we will be three deep at tackle, and all three of them are pretty good relative to their peers. Albert is a good left tackle, Winston a good right tackle, and Stephenson a quality backup.

There's no need to draft a tackle.

ChiefRocka 03-03-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9459973)
Why would you favor Joekel in the Reid pass happy offense when you just said he loses leverage in pass protection? Not trying to be argumentative here just sayin.

He holds up well in the passing game because he is always in the right position. Like I said earlier though, he is not a man handler (ala Sean Smith).

Tribal Warfare 03-04-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457103)
I'd take Fisher.

Fisher's more athletic and quicker. I'd go with him.

I concur

Saccopoo 03-05-2013 12:34 AM

Go **** yourself OP.

That we would take a OT after picking Stephenson and Allen in the third and second round respectively, and signing Winston last free agency, that is the dumbest **** thing anyone has ever said.

And that we've now franchised Albert to go along with all the rest of that shit...

jesus stop dancing christ...

ChiefRocka 03-06-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9466080)
Go **** yourself OP.

That we would take a OT after picking Stephenson and Allen in the third and second round respectively, and signing Winston last free agency, that is the dumbest **** thing anyone has ever said.

And that we've now franchised Albert to go along with all the rest of that shit...

jesus stop dancing christ...

The OP was made before we tagged Albert you Saccoshit!

Geno still your #1 backup QB?

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 08:04 PM

Lane Johnson

buddha 03-07-2013 11:10 AM

What I like about Luke Joeckel is his incredible base, balance and it's very tough to get around him. What I don't like is that hard bull rushes rock his world. He's not overly stout.

I think his weak points could be corrected in time. I think he'll be good to very good in the NFL in time. I am not sure he will ever be elite.

RyFo18 03-07-2013 11:16 AM

Very tough to compare the two. Joeckel held up very well against stout competition in the SEC while Fisher saw the likes of MAC opponents for the most part. I can't say I have an opinion one way or the other.

Frosty 03-07-2013 01:25 PM

The other day on Path To the Draft, the talking heads there said they thought Fisher and Joeckel would be "solid pros" but not outstanding OTs. They thought Johnson had the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor. They said that Joeckel had the highest floor of all of the OT's .

I really don't want to take a "solid pro" at #1 but that may be all there is available.

Direckshun 03-07-2013 03:26 PM

The Chiefs prefer Joeckel over Fisher, according to Ian Rapoport.

Frosty 03-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9474243)
The Chiefs prefer Joeckel over Fisher, according to Ian Rapoport.

Fisher it is, then.

Tribal Warfare 03-07-2013 06:02 PM

The thing about Joeckel that rubs me the wrong way besides blocking for an extremely mobile QB is that he looks like a soft bitch. He's not built like a A grade OT, he may be a good technician but he doesn't look like a great athlete.

buddha 03-08-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9474683)
The thing about Joeckel that rubs me the wrong way besides blocking for an extremely mobile QB is that he looks like a soft bitch. He's not built like a A grade OT, he may be a good technician but he doesn't look like a great athlete.

Exactly. Whenever I hear "technician" it is code for soft. I don't think Joeckel has a mean streak...I think he catches far too many blocks, and he's no better than average in his run blocking.

There is no way he is #1 pick in the draft material in my book.

ChiefRocka 03-09-2013 10:24 AM

My money is on the Chiefs selecting Fisher 1.1 and making him their RT. The truefans will boo and I will cheer.

The question is which 3-4 DE do we sign to replace Dorsey....Seymour?

Nightfyre 03-09-2013 11:05 AM

STFU noob. If you cheer you are a truefan. dumbass.

ChiefRocka 03-09-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9479539)
STFU noob. If you cheer you are a truefan. dumbass.

missed my angle.

Deberg_1990 08-19-2014 03:45 PM

Anyone wish the Chiefs would have went with Joeckel in retrospect ?

John Dope 08-19-2014 05:28 PM

I don't. He's soft imo.

KCwolf 08-19-2014 06:43 PM

It was the worst draft class in recent history ... it is what it is....

Deberg_1990 08-19-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 10833129)
It was the worst draft class in recent history ... it is what it is....

This. I don't get why a lot of fans just expect that there is a Peyton Manning or Elway every year? Just because a player is drafted #1 overall doesn't mean he's going to be an elite player. I saw some say that if Fisher or Joeckel would have come out in 2014 they would have gone around 13th. That's telling.....

OldSchool 08-19-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10833458)
This. I don't get why a lot of fans just expect that there is a Peyton Manning or Elway every year? Just because a player is drafted #1 overall doesn't mean he's going to be an elite player. I saw some say that if Fisher or Joeckel would have come out in 2014 they would have gone around 13th. That's telling.....

Pretty much. Just chose the wrong year to suck. There wasn't a single top talent that year that didn't have a major red flag on them.

Rausch 08-20-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10832580)
Anyone wish the Chiefs would have went with Joeckel in retrospect ?

Joekel and Decastro?...

O.city 08-20-2014 11:19 AM

No.

Wish, just as I did during the draft, they'd have went with Sheldon Richardson

Wildcat2005 08-20-2014 06:38 PM

Sheldon Richardson
Eric Reid
Cordarelle Patteson

There were some top talents out there

RealSNR 08-20-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10833458)

That's a horseshit excuse.

There were plenty of good players in that draft. It's Dorsey's job to find the ones that aren't huge fat pussies that suck.

He failed.

OldSchool 08-20-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 10836239)
Sheldon Richardson
Eric Reid
Cordarelle Patteson

You would spend the #1 overall pick on:

A DB who wasn't all-world in college and had issues in coverage.

A DL player who had character red flags.

And a raw WR?

Wildcat2005 08-20-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10837023)
You would spend the #1 overall pick on:

A DB who wasn't all-world in college and had issues in coverage.

A DL player who had character red flags.

And a raw WR?

As opposed to a tackle from the MAC?
No one would be criticizing the Chiefs had the selected any of those above mentioned players

Saccopoo 08-21-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10836988)
That's a horseshit excuse.

There were plenty of good players in that draft. It's Dorsey's job to find the ones that aren't huge fat pussies that suck.

He failed.

I think he tries like all get out to find the best players for what he believes the team should do.

The Chiefs under Dorsey employ a very large scouting staff and they purportedly do some serious leg work on a lot of players. Then they input all that into advanced computer generated metrics that account for a veritable shit ton of stuff. (Chiefs are only NFL team using the Decision Lens system currently if I remember correctly.)

That's a combination of old school football accumen and modern analytics that is, at it's very minimum, impressive in it's scope and breadth.

However, his last two drafts have been what one could term "head scratchers" from a personnel perspective, especially the 2014 draft.

One could argue that the Fisher pick was based more on need than BPA, but there seemed to be a general consensus that he was a top three/five type of player in that draft. I do feel that he'll end up being a solid pro, barring injury, and he was progressing as the 2013 season wore on.

I believe that the standard mantra of "give him three years" should apply to Dorsey. His methodology is definitely different than the standard NFL GM and we'll see how it plays out. In fact, I'm happy to give him a five year window simply based on the Peterson/Herm + Pioli tenures. At least there is an improvement in culture and attitude at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Mav 08-21-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 10836239)
Sheldon Richardson
Eric Reid
Cordarelle Patteson

You could put Dee Milliner up there as well.

The Franchise 08-21-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10837088)
I think he tries like all get out to find the best players for what he believes the team should do.

The Chiefs under Dorsey employ a very large scouting staff and they purportedly do some serious leg work on a lot of players. Then they input all that into advanced computer generated metrics that account for a veritable shit ton of stuff. (Chiefs are only NFL team using the Decision Lens system currently if I remember correctly.)

That's a combination of old school football accumen and modern analytics that is, at it's very minimum, impressive in it's scope and breadth.

However, his last two drafts have been what one could term "head scratchers" from a personnel perspective, especially the 2014 draft.

One could argue that the Fisher pick was based more on need than BPA, but there seemed to be a general consensus that he was a top three/five type of player in that draft. I do feel that he'll end up being a solid pro, barring injury, and he was progressing as the 2013 season wore on.

I believe that the standard mantra of "give him three years" should apply to Dorsey. His methodology is definitely different than the standard NFL GM and we'll see how it plays out. In fact, I'm happy to give him a five year window simply based on the Peterson/Herm + Pioli tenures. At least there is an improvement in culture and attitude at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Packers use it as well.

John Dope 08-23-2014 07:07 AM

I wish had gone with Star Lotulelei. Maybe they would have if he hadn't had the false red flag on the heart? Can you imagine Dontari and Star up there?

OldSchool 08-23-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10842317)
I wish had gone with Star Lotulelei. Maybe they would have if he hadn't had the false red flag on the heart? Can you imagine Dontari and Star up there?

If we stayed put in 2011, we could have drafted Cameron Jordan instead of Jonathan Baldwin.

Star Lotulelei - Dontari Poe - Cameron Jordan

We would actually be a top 5 defense if we had that even with our shitty secondary.

O.city 08-23-2014 10:34 AM

Star is essentially Poe though, so thats a bit redundant.

However,

Sheldon Richardson, Poe, Jordan would be solid.

OldSchool 08-23-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10842717)
Star is essentially Poe though, so thats a bit redundant.

However,

Sheldon Richardson, Poe, Jordan would be solid.

Hell, if we could switch it to a hybrid defense.

Hali - Star - Poe - Jordan

And have Houston coming off on blitzes, etc, like Von Miller from the OLB position. Drop DJ and everyone else into coverage, those 5 up front alone should be enough to slow down most rushing attacks with DJ spying. Poe next to Star would absolutely crush the interior of any OL.

KC Hawks 08-23-2014 05:50 PM

If we had stayed put and drafted Cameron Jordan, we wouldn't have had the pick that got us Houston.

jd1020 08-23-2014 10:17 PM

If the Chiefs would have picked a WR to compliment Bowe instead of potentially replace Bowe, they could have had Torrey Smith AND Justin Houston.

John Dope 08-26-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10842670)
If we stayed put in 2011, we could have drafted Cameron Jordan instead of Jonathan Baldwin.

Star Lotulelei - Dontari Poe - Cameron Jordan

We would actually be a top 5 defense if we had that even with our shitty secondary.

That would have been awesome.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-02-2014 12:19 PM

Because....

:facepalm:

Deberg_1990 09-07-2015 02:16 PM

As good of time as any to bump this one
Posted via Mobile Device

Bob Dole 09-07-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11710617)
As good of time as any to bump this one
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, it's not. Moron.