ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC Chiefs 2005 starting RT ........ who should it be? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106866)

Kylo Ren 12-20-2004 10:00 AM

KC Chiefs 2005 starting RT ........ who should it be?

Wellbourne, Bober, Black, Sampson?

Please give your 2004 evaluation of each.

Rain Man 12-20-2004 10:04 AM

Black impresses me more each time I see him.

I tried to watch him to see if he was getting help, and the few times I did it looked like he was doing well without help. Did anyone else watch this more consistently than me?

Kylo Ren 12-20-2004 10:05 AM

I, for one, really want to see what Sampson can do in training camp. We hear alot this summer about how he was the steal of the draft.

Hoover 12-20-2004 10:06 AM

I want it to be Black because he is a young draft pick.

I also think we could move Welbourn to Shields Gaurd sport and more Shields to RT.

jiveturkey 12-20-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Black impresses me more each time I see him.

I tried to watch him to see if he was getting help, and the few times I did it looked like he was doing well without help. Did anyone else watch this more consistently than me?

I'm not sure of this but it seemed like we weren't having a lot of luck running to that side. Welborne was much better in the running game but lacked the mobility needed in the passing game. Bober should stay a backup since he can play multiple positions.

Kylo Ren 12-20-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
move Welbourn to Shields Gaurd sport and more Shields to RT.

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

TEX 12-20-2004 11:15 AM

Black should be the front runner as he's YOUNG and he's been the BSET RT thus far. Sampson is my # 2 choice but reports early in camp ewre that he could play Left Tackle some day. Bober and Welbourn have no business playing Tackle as they get eaten alive in pass protection.

brent102fire 12-20-2004 12:10 PM

Don't forget Welbourne is coming off major knee surgery and also had a hip injury. I'm not going to say one way or the other since we haven't seen him play when he's healthy. I'll wait until after next year.

ChiefsCountry 12-20-2004 12:48 PM

Welbourn is our future at Will Shields spot. Remember he was one of the best guards in the NFL.

Hoover 12-20-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Welbourn is our future at Will Shields spot. Remember he was one of the best guards in the NFL.

Bingo

Logical 12-20-2004 12:52 PM

I like Black he is young and has showed tremendous ability. Welbourne should be kept to replace Shields when he retires. Bober I really have never been impressed with and he has done nothing to change that.

Sampson has potential but I doubt he is ready yet.

go bo 12-20-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent102fire
Don't forget Welbourne is coming off major knee surgery and also had a hip injury. I'm not going to say one way or the other since we haven't seen him play when he's healthy. I'll wait until after next year.

with a healthy knee, welbourne should be just fine at rt...

he's a very good run blocker and his pass protection should improve with a healthy knee...

black plays well wherever they put him, but isn't he supposed to be roaf's eventual replacement?

they say sampson will be good, but has anyone seen him in a game yet?

bober seems adequate at best, in limited playing time...

assuming his knee problems resolve, welbourne will be our rt next year...

Chiefnj 12-20-2004 01:37 PM

How many games did Welbourne start?

Is he still on schedule to play more than 50% of the Chiefs downs this year?

Kylo Ren 12-20-2004 01:47 PM

How about this future lineup?:
Sampson - LT
Wellbourne - LG
Bober - C
Waters - RG
Black - RT
(hopefully, this is several years in the future)

Where does Brett Williams figure in?