ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm still stupid! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105160)

Phobia 11-26-2004 01:58 PM

I'm still stupid!

In 33 years on earth, I've prided myself in my refusal to shop the day after Thanksgiving. Previously, I used a highly rational thought pattern to discern that the specials available to Black Friday shoppers simply aren't worth the hassle of the lines and the mass of flesh at retail stores today. Somehow, however, I was talked into going this morning. I haven't been up at 5:00 AM since I was in the USMC 10 years ago unless I was coming around the other side of 5:00 AM....

As you may have guessed at this point in the story, I got up at 5:00 AM and braved the elements to go shopping. NEVER AGAIN! EVER.

At Kohls, they have 2 checkout areas; one to the right of the exit doors and one to the left. For both checkout areas, the line went all the way to the far side of the store, to the back, and another 30-40 feet down the back isle. As soon as I saw that, I begged to leave. No such luck.... So I got in line and let my wife and mother bring shit to me while I stood there. Between them, they dropped nearly $500.

Will somebody please insert a punch line at this point of the story? I'm too tired and sick of being reminded of this stupidity to continue this post any further.

mlyonsd 11-26-2004 02:04 PM

Could be worse....you could be working today. Ok, maybe that might not be worse but it's the only encouragement I could give someone that acted so stupid and without proper reasoning.

2bikemike 11-26-2004 02:10 PM

Hell I would rather hang Christmas lights than put up with the shopping. No way in hell I am going anywhere near a mall today.

Skip Towne 11-26-2004 02:11 PM

The good part is you probably saved $3.95 what with all the great bargains. And is it just me or are you getting dumber?

Bwana 11-26-2004 02:17 PM

No fuggen way would I do that. I would rather take a direct shot to the nads than go out on black friday to a store. :shake: My wife is out there some place (the mall?) in that cluster fug with a buddy of hers. I hooked up with her buddys husband and we spent the last two hours in Applebees sucking down tasty beverages. :) You have to love the brutus! :BLVD:

JimNasium 11-26-2004 02:25 PM

You sir, are a genious.

Raiderhater 11-26-2004 02:29 PM

As someone who has worked on this horrid day I am compelled to ask: What were you thinking, dummy?

Skip Towne 11-26-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
No fuggen way would I do that. I would rather take a direct shot to the nads than go out on black friday to a store. :shake: My wife is out there some place (the mall?) in that cluster fug with a buddy of hers. I hooked up with her buddys husband and we spent the last two hours in Applebees sucking down tasty beverages. :) You have to love the brutus! :BLVD:

You seem to have smartened up quite a bit.

Skip Towne 11-26-2004 02:35 PM

I have never understood the concept of Black Friday. What happened on Thursday to cause all that merchandise to lose value? Now the day after Christmas I could understand what with decreased demand and all. But the day after Thanksgiving?

Bwana 11-26-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
You seem to have smartened up quite a bit.

It was a big enough bitch just driving to applebees with every swing'n dick within 300 miles in town. I think half of Wyoming is up here. Dirt road driving, can't drive over 15 miles per hour in a 35 mile zone, sheep doinking piles of dung anyway.:shake: That beer sure tasted good though. :thumb:

headsnap 11-26-2004 02:51 PM

this fits here too..

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/phobisadoofus/

:)

Brando 11-26-2004 03:00 PM

Black Friday is just an excuse for women to go shopping. It's like their Superbowl or something. My fiance got up around 4:30 to pick up her mother and go to the Jones Store. WTF? If it were that big of a deal I would have sat up all night drinking getting myself pumped for the big game. As soon as those doors opened I would have tackled some 80 year old granny and let out a deafening cheer while beating my chest. I would then have been arrested for beating the elderly and goig into Kohl's wearing nothing but face paint, flip flops, and musk.
Unfortunately though I had to rot at work today.

RedandGold 11-26-2004 03:01 PM

All of the Black Friday madness makes sleeping in all that more valuable. Not only do you not have to get up at 5:00, it doesn't cost a damn thing!

Jenny Gump 11-26-2004 03:04 PM

I wouldn't be caught dead in a store today....oh wait.

Nevermind, and yeah, you're stupid.

ROYC75 11-26-2004 03:13 PM

5:00 AM , I would have thought that in no way you would go for this , unless she promised you a night you will never forget. FYI,Sometimes those nights have years of ever lasting reminders, annual birthdays and events.

Lesson # 1 .... Never, I repeat never go shopping with women.

Lesson # 2 ..... Never, I repeat never go shopping with a woman, especially , the 5:00 AM shit , that should have been reason enough alone.

Lesson # 3 .... Never, I repeat never go shopping with a woman.

As for the punch line, some food for thought, they found the perfect dummy to stand in the line while they shop, they are smarter than you.

Happy Holidays ...... HO HO HO !