ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Mav 10-27-2013 07:46 PM

I have a question.

Feels like 2010, feels like 1995.

That feel worse than 2012?

Considering that a few of the guys bitching about it feeling like those years, are the same types that felt this season was going to be the same type of year. Especially a certain Matt Barkley loving poster.

Just saying. I agree. If the offense doesn't improve, to at the very least be far more CONSISTENT. Then this is not a super bowl type team.

Still. 4 times the amount of wins from last year 8 games in?

DeezNutz 10-27-2013 07:50 PM

If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggest a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.

Jakemall 10-27-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10132565)
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggests a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.

This is a fair statement.

Mav 10-27-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggests a long-term commitment.

Deez, I can relate to what you are dealing with. And yes, I understand the frustration. I was simply asking if they people who specifically expected more of last year, than what is actually happening, would feel better if this year was more of last year.

Im a browns fan. In the 14 years since its rebirth, I have seen 3 first round qbs drafted, ONE playoff game in which we were up something like 30-13, and lost, our best statistical and record season of 2007, we didn't make the playoffs.

I understand completely how chiefs feel. But I would give my left nut to be 8-0 right now.

I am already doing draft research to see who the browns inevitably will draft, and who will undoubtedly suck.

Wanna trade?

splatbass 10-27-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this

I've got news for you, long time fans don't all see it the same way. A simple truth that always seems to escape you.

Rausch 10-27-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10132541)
I have a question.

Feels like 2010, feels like 1995.

That feel worse than 2012?

Considering that a few of the guys bitching about it feeling like those years, are the same types that felt this season was going to be the same type of year.

I completely understand and completely agree.

I think we'll go 1 and done in the playoffs.

That said this isn't year 3 or 5 or 7 this is YEAR ONE.

We're where they were in YEAR ONE.

We're so far ahead of schedule how can you not be pleased with this?...

Hammock Parties 10-27-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10132617)

People assume just because year one is awesome everything will continue to be awesome.

I have my doubts if Alex Smith is our QB against a first-place schedule in 2014.

jd1020 10-27-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Because this is year 1 of 2. Whats the plan for year 3? More Smith? ****ing shoot me now.

Sure-Oz 10-27-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Exactly...I just hope they don't stay married to Smith

Wallcrawler 10-27-2013 08:01 PM

Alex is still leaving plays out there on the field. 11 points right off the top of my head that I can remember.

The overthrow to Fasano would've been a touchdown, but we had to settle for 3.

Then once again, Avery is streaking down the sideline with his man 2 steps behind him and Alex overthrows the ball. I thought I remember seeing people on here saying that Alex didn't have an arm, with Chad Pennington even being mentioned for comparison.

This guy is overthrowing streaking receivers 30-40 yards downfield. If anything, he needs to reign the throws in. Hes missed Avery twice that I remember, and also missed a wide open Jamaal Charles that was lined up against a linebacker this season.

Dude seriously needs reps in practice just developing timing with Donnie and Jamaal on those deep routes. Its gut wrenching to watch all of these plays being missed that would be incredible plays through the air.

Blocking was shit today though. Looked like Jordan Black was out there in a Fisher Jersey at RT. Happy with the win, but we have some serious work to do before this divisional road trip gauntlet coming up.

Mav 10-27-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10132623)
People assume just because year one is awesome everything will continue to be awesome.

I have my doubts if Alex Smith is our QB against a first-place schedule in 2014.

completely understandable. I expect a full offensive overhaul.

The defense, will be better next year though. That's pretty scary.

DeezNutz 10-27-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10132599)
I've got news for you, long time fans don't all see it the same way. A simple truth that always seems to escape you.

Of course I'm aware of this. For those "so excited," Ice Cube dedicated a song to this: "No Vaseline."

Mav 10-27-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10132624)
Because this is year 1 of 2. Whats the plan for year 3? More Smith? ****ing shoot me now.

he would be extended already.

If he doesn't get to the level they expect, he will be gone.

jd1020 10-27-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10132639)
he would be extended already.

If he doesn't get to the level they expect, he will be gone.

Why would he be extended already? They aren't going to talk contract in the middle of the year.

SPATCH 10-27-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10132598)
Deez, I can relate to what you are dealing with. And yes, I understand the frustration. I was simply asking if they people who specifically expected more of last year, than what is actually happening, would feel better if this year was more of last year.

Im a browns fan. In the 14 years since its rebirth, I have seen 3 first round qbs drafted, ONE playoff game in which we were up something like 30-13, and lost, our best statistical and record season of 2007, we didn't make the playoffs.

I understand completely how chiefs feel. But I would give my left nut to be 8-0 right now.

I am already doing draft research to see who the browns inevitably will draft, and who will undoubtedly suck.

Wanna trade?

I like it when Cleveland fans try to wear their "most miserable sports town" badge in front of Kansas City fans. Did you know that the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the Chiefs?

We know exactly what sucking feels like. Don't act like KC fans have not earned the right to be cynical.