ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos should be heavily favored...fan take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260716)

InChiefsHeaven 06-21-2012 02:30 PM

Broncos should be heavily favored...fan take

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-...0176--nfl.html

Dear Lord, this wench is a moron!

Quote:

There's roughly 10 weeks until the 2012 NFL season starts, and Denver Broncos fans' excitement is growing daily. With continued positive reports coming out of Broncos headquarters in regards to Peyton Manning's recovery, the upcoming season looks very promising. With an improving defense, and the switch to a high-octane offense behind a future Hall of Fame quarterback, the Broncos should dominate their AFC West division.

While I think it's possible that the first half of the schedule could yield a losing record for the Broncos (with tough opponents like the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans, and the New Orleans Saints), the second half of the season is where the Broncos can really make a charge to the top of the standings. A large part of that is due to the fact that they will have four of their six divisional games in the second half of the season.

It's hard to identify for sure who will be their most formidable divisional opponent. With Phillip Rivers as their quarterback, the most likely choice would be the San Diego Chargers. With head coach Norv Turner and general manager A.J. Smith narrowly avoiding being fired at the end of last season, the Chargers will face extra pressure to get the job done in 2012. To me, their schedule looks a little more difficult than the one the Broncos face. While they are playing a very similar schedule to the Broncos, they have to contend with playing away against the Steelers and the New York Jets in the final month of the season. Even if the Chargers take an early divisional lead, they will have a tough time holding onto it in December.

It's a toss-up as to what kind of season the Kansas City Chiefs and the Oakland Raiders will have. Both teams will have new head coaches in 2012 and new strategies. The Raiders made a bold move in acquiring quarterback Carson Palmer in 2011 and after a full off-season in the Raiders organization should be ready to be the best quarterback the team has seen since Rich Gannon. If (and this is a big "if") Palmer stays healthy, I look to see the Raiders show significant improvement this season. However, challenging for a divisional title would seem to be far from a reasonable goal.

Much like the Radiers, the Chiefs' fortunes hinge largely upon whether quarterback Matt Cassel can finally live up to that huge contract he signed three years ago. The Chiefs have drafted a large amount of high-quality talent over the past several years, but have yet to have that talent live up to its potential. A winning record would be a big improvement for this team.

Broncos fans will need some patience in September and October, but I think that the Broncos will prevail in the AFC West in the end.

Julie is a featured NFL contributor for the Yahoo Contributor Network. Having followed the NFL her entire life, she became a fan of the Broncos after moving to Denver in 2001.
What a silly silly Donkey fan...

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 02:48 PM

It is so funny how last year before the season started most "experts" were saying we would have a good season if we won 7 games. Well we won 7 games sans Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and Cassel for half the season (hey he is better than Palko). A winning record is and should be expected not just a "big improvement."

notorious 06-21-2012 02:50 PM

Don't listen to idiots.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 03:00 PM

We have had one winning record in the last five years.

And that was against a shit schedule.

Understand these things, and understand why we are given no respect that we have not earned.

saphojunkie 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693446)

Understand these things, and understand why we are given no respect that we have not earned.

This means absolutely nothing. It means less than nothing, because it's also misleading.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8693451)
This means absolutely nothing. It means less than nothing, because it's also misleading.

Facts are facts.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-21-2012 03:34 PM

Magicmo2724

whoman69 06-21-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Why is it misleading?

RealSNR 06-21-2012 03:46 PM

If only our drafted talent could play as well as Robert Ayers or Rahim Moore. Then we'd be a championship team.

The Chiefs don't deserve any respect, but that doesn't mean you can be a reerun and say, "Duhr Cassel sucks therefore the rest of the team sucks"

FlaChief58 06-21-2012 03:48 PM

I find it funny how she said "if ( and this is a big "if") Palmer can stay healthy" and yet does'nt mention the foreheads broke neck :rolleyes:

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 03:49 PM

if Manning's healthy, the Broncos own the division.
if not, then its probably gonna be the Chargers taking the West.

ChiefsCountry 06-21-2012 03:49 PM

Well a chick wrote it first of all and she is Denver fan second.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8693550)

The Chiefs don't deserve any respect, but that doesn't mean you can be a reerun and say, "Duhr Cassel sucks therefore the rest of the team sucks"

i'm not saying the whole team sucks because Matt sucks but i am saying
the Chiefs have a lot of talent except for the most important player on offense.

and it's gonna hurt this team Bigtime.

FlaChief58 06-21-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693557)

On paper, right now I would agree that the donks are the favorite, but there are a lot of variables such as: Peytons broke neck, the fact that he missed all of last season and of course his age (old folks don't heal well). Lets just wait and see how he does in real games before we hand em the crown.

As for the dolts, I expect them to have another 8-8 9-7 season

RealSNR 06-21-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693583)
i'm not saying the whole team sucks because Matt sucks but i am saying
the Chiefs have a lot of talent except for the most important player on offense.

and it's gonna hurt this team Bigtime.

Agreed 100%

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

The Chargers?

Why?

They are picked pretty much every season and they continue to shit on the field.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693590)
The Chargers?

Why?

They are picked pretty much every season and they continue to shit on the field.

i'm rolling with the two teams that have good/great QB.s.

hopefully Pioli will follow the lead next season.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693592)

I would agree, but Rivers was an abortion last season.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693593)

A QB who threw for 4600 yards and 27 TD was an abortion.

Interesting take from a ****ing Chiefs fan.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693593)

Rivers played poorly last year yes, but he can play lights out as well.

i dont think he'll play at all in 2012 like we saw last season.

kcxiv 06-21-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

We've been consistently bad for a while. How is it misleading. The only shot we've had in the last 12 years do do damage was 03. Other then that nothing. Why would anyone pick the chiefs especially when our Qb is amongst the bottom half of all starting Qbs.

Our Qb does nothing Good and very few things average.

TEX 06-21-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8693602)
We've been consistently bad for a while. How is it misleading. The only shot we've had in the last 12 years do do damage was 03. Other then that nothing. Why would anyone pick the chiefs especially when our Qb is amongst the bottom half of all starting Qbs.

Our Qb does nothing Good and very few things average.

This.
Top to bottom the Chiefs probably have the best roster in the division EXCEPT QB, where it counts most. That is why the Broncos are the favored to win the division. Manning will raise the level of play for them, Cassel will lower it for KC. I'm betting the Chargers come in 2nd because they have the 2nd best Qb in the division. Not much separates all these rosters. However, the QB position does. KC has a lot of talent, but not enough to overcome its deficiences at QB.

1. DONKS
2. BOLTS
3. CHIEFS
4. RAIDERS

2 & 3 could go either way.

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693592)

With one being the same QB who lost the division to Tebow and Cassel the past two seasons...that's a bad bet bro.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8693610)
With one being the same QB who lost the division to Tebow and Cassel the past two seasons...that's a bad bet bro.

Manning and Rivers are capable of putting up numbers that would put them in the chase for MVP...

and Cassel cant even put his hat on.

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693613)
Manning and Rivers are capable of putting up numbers that would put them in the chase for MVP...

and Cassel cant even put his hat on.

We aren't talking about numbers. We are talking about the division. Manning in this situation has yet to play out but Rivers has proved he is a poor enough leader and under pressure player that he can lose a division to Cassel and Tebow in consecutive years.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8693618)
We aren't talking about numbers. We are talking about the division. Manning in this situation has yet to play out but Rivers has proved he is a poor enough leader and under pressure player that he can lose a division to Cassel and Tebow in consecutive years.

and i'm saying the division will be won by one of these two QB's.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693596)

He also had 20 INTs. And was a choking bitch. He's the reason they only won 8.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693631)

yep a down year for Rivers i admit that but i doubt we see another season like that from Rivers.
(i would like to see 20 ints from Rivers in 2012 but very unlikely.)

Ace Gunner 06-21-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693596)

please be kind to Dave -- he's a moron.

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693627)
and i'm saying the division will be won by one of these two QB's.

I get it that but to say if it's not Manning who wins to automatically go to Rivers as the winner is dismissing the fact that Rivers has proven he can fold up and lose to lousy QBs.

If this division is won solely based on the QB play of a team then it will be because of Manning. Rivers will not do this because he has proven he can't. All his prior division wins were because the other teams were so abysmal, not because of his greatness.

RealSNR 06-21-2012 04:45 PM

San Diego could easily have won this division even with a healthy Peyton in Denver if they fired Norv.

Instead they're being talked about as the second banana to both Denver AND Kansas City.

I'm giving Romeo a chance this year, but if I even smell the faintest WHIFF of Norvesque failure on him, I'll demand he get fired.

SPATCH 06-21-2012 04:45 PM

Clay's statement is misleading because this franchise has already turned a corner. We came out of nowhere to win the division two years ago.. last year we were decimated by injuries and still found a way to be in the division race up until the final week of the season.

NFL people who are in the know recognize that Pioli has gone about his business and assembled one best rosters in the league. Quarterback or not, the roster is legitimate. We're going to be highly competitive for a while whether the self-loathing fans like it or not.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8693643)
I get it that but to say if it's not Manning who wins to automatically go to Rivers as the winner is dismissing the fact that Rivers has proven he can fold up and lose to lousy QBs.

If this division is won solely based on the QB play of a team then it will be because of Manning. Rivers will not do this because he has proven he can't. All his prior division wins were because the other teams were so abysmal, not because of his greatness.

in the West we have:
Manning
Rivers
PalmerCassel

Manning has proved greatness and Rivers is the other QB in this division thats capable of greatness.

i'm just saying QB's are the most important players on offense that's needed for greatness from the team, Cassel and Palmer are excluded from the word "greatness".

Ace Gunner 06-21-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Yep. The Chiefs will slide into 3rd place when all is done. I believe fans just expect Poe to be an all pro & Charles/Berry/Moeaki to just pick up where they all left off. The Chiefs just aren't that talented they can bounce back like that.

Peyton Manning owns this division. Now that he is part of it, he will put forth even greater effort to pummel the AFCW. Any fool believes he doesn't is not playing with a full deck.

Only thing KC has on Peyton is Romeo and without the right personnel, he isn't gonna be able to miff Mainning per usual. Makes it even harder when RC has to play Manning twice during the same season, too.

But, I didn't read the article - I don't follow women for sports/football news. That'd be lame.

vailpass 06-21-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8693647)
Clay's statement is misleading because this franchise has already turned a corner. We came out of nowhere to win the division two years ago.. last year we were decimated by injuries and still found a way to be in the division race up until the final week of the season.

NFL people who are in the know recognize that Pioli has gone about his business and assembled one best rosters in the league. Quarterback or not, the roster is legitimate. We're going to be highly competitive for a while whether the self-loathing fans like it or not.

Next year is the year, amirite?

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8693661)

But, I didn't read the article - I don't follow women for sports/football news. That'd be lame.

yeah, i didn't read the article either, i said the day Manning announced he was going to Denver, the division is his unless he's not healthy.

he'll make their WR's look like all pros.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8693647)
last year we were decimated by injuries and still found a way to be in the division race up until the final week of the season.

We found five ways.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2011/1016/n...er_mbl_600.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ow_Broncos.jpg

R8RFAN 06-21-2012 04:57 PM

Not making any bold predictions about my team but I am just not seeing one old washed up fragile QB taking the AFC West by storm... THEY had this dude once named Elway and he even had a losing record as a starter vs my beloved Raiders..

Don't drink the Koolaid, Denver is not built to protect Manning as the Colts were and he is one good pop from standing over there holding a clipboard for the next 2 years.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693631)

Interesting.

The QB who was near the top of almost every statistical category was a liability, but not San Diego's 22nd ranked defense or 16th ranked running game.

Red Dawg 06-21-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693446)

I agree totally. With Matt at the helm why should we be feared to do anything but pull out a few wins. I think we can win the division if our ground game returns and we play tough defense but if this offense at any point has to fall on Matt then it's over.

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8693661)
Yep. The Chiefs will slide into 3rd place when all is done. I believe fans just expect Poe to be an all pro & Charles/Berry/Moeaki to just pick up where they all left off. The Chiefs just aren't that talented they can bounce back like that.

Just like you expect Manning to pick where he left off? With a new team?

And I still think people are underestimating how much Manning's players around him helped him out. Especially the offensive line being able to adjust at the line of scrimmage correctly every time Peyton changes the blocking scheme 5 seconds before the play clock expires. He will get hit significantly more based on that fact alone, then you add the fact that Indy's offensive line was just better in general.

BossChief 06-21-2012 05:05 PM

All of which are better than Palko.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 05:08 PM

Cassel or Orton started in 4 of those 5 wins.

Even if they didn't, those shitty QBs made our defense look better than it actually is.

SPATCH 06-21-2012 05:10 PM

Your point?

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 05:11 PM

:facepalm:

Tyler Palko is not part of this equation.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693680)
Interesting.

The QB who was near the top of almost every statistical category was a liability, but not San Diego's 22nd ranked defense or 16th ranked running game.

Rivers made several boneheaded passes/INTs last season.

This is fact. In this regard, he was a liability.

I don't wanna hear about a poor running game.

The Giants had the worst running games and Eli was clutch and won the SB.

Rivers was not clutch.

Besides, when is 27 TDs a big deal. Matt did it 2 yrs ago.

BossChief 06-21-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693697)
Cassel or Orton started in 4 of those 5 wins.

Even if they didn't, those shitty QBs made our defense look better than it actually is.

We only had 3 games where our qb was able to move the ball.

Are gonna try and play it off like that didn't impact defensive matrics as much as any other factor?

SPATCH 06-21-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693702)
:facepalm:

Tyler Palko is not part of this equation.

Are we forgetting about Palko's crowning achievement against Caleb Hanie?

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:21 PM

So, were the Chiefs the only team to play those QBs?

RealSNR 06-21-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693712)
Rivers made several boneheaded passes/INTs last season.

This is fact. In this regard, he was a liability.

I don't wanna hear about a poor running game.

The Giants had the worst running games and Eli was clutch and won the SB.

Rivers was not clutch.

Besides, when is 27 TDs a big deal. Matt did it 2 yrs ago.

Matt threw 27 TDs by checking down like a reerun and chucking wild goal line throws up to Bowe when things REALLY got tough.

Rivers threw 27 TDs by being an actual QB and accumulating 4600 yards of passing. How much is that? That's more yards in a season than Trent Green ever threw in a season. And that was in his "shitty" year.

Was 2011 a worse year for Rivers than 2010? Undoubtedly yes. Was it a shitty year? Please.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8693726)
Matt threw 27 TDs by checking down like a reerun and chucking wild goal line throws up to Bowe when things REALLY got tough.

Rivers threw 27 TDs by being an actual QB and accumulating 4600 yards of passing. How much is that? That's more yards in a season than Trent Green ever threw in a season. And that was in his "shitty" year.

Was 2011 a worse year for Rivers than 2010? Undoubtedly yes. Was it a shitty year? Please.

He threw 20 INTs which directly resulted in losses.

4600 yards doesnt mean shit if you're chucking it to the other team half the time and only winning 8 games.

BossChief 06-21-2012 05:27 PM

With a qb like Rivers, KC could probably win 14 games next year and have a shot at going undefeated.

vailpass 06-21-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8693733)
With a qb like Rivers, KC could probably win 14 games next year and have a shot at going undefeated.

:spock:

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:29 PM

Also, I wasnt comparing Rivers to Cassel, or 2011 to 2010.

This has to do with people picking SD to win it every season and then Rivers and Co. shitting themselves.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8693733)

Doubtful.

SPATCH 06-21-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8693736)
:spock:

You paying attention, bro?

Point out one team that has a better set of O-line/TEs/WRs/RBs than the Chiefs. Did you watch the defense during the last weeks of the season? Wake up, dude.

OnTheWarpath15 06-21-2012 05:35 PM

Given two choices, who would you prefer as the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs?

A.) Philip Rivers

B.) Matt Cassel

If your answer is "A", take those stats and shove them up your ass - they don't matter.

Denver and SD should be favorites for the division - they have the best QB's. Just like NE being the favorite in the AFCE, Green Bay and Detroit being the favorites in the NFCN, and so on.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8693688)
Just like you expect Manning to pick where he left off? With a new team?

And I still think people are underestimating how much Manning's players around him helped him out. Especially the offensive line being able to adjust at the line of scrimmage correctly every time Peyton changes the blocking scheme 5 seconds before the play clock expires. He will get hit significantly more based on that fact alone, then you add the fact that Indy's offensive line was just better in general.

Peyton Manning is HOF and one of the best QB's in the modern era of pro football. Those other guys, though Jamaal is certainly a similar caliber football player as Manning, he and the others are not protected by modern rules that essentially prolong the careers of QB's in today's game. So, no -- I don't think these players have the opp Manning has this season and that is because of the new rules or how they are now being enforced and taught to players in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath15 06-21-2012 05:45 PM

Decided to read the article.

Someone might want to tell this broad that Pittsburgh and Atlanta aren't good teams, and that New Orleans is nothing to worry about without Sean Payton.

At least that's what CP told me.

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8693759)
Decided to read the article.

Someone might want to tell this broad that Pittsburgh and Atlanta aren't good teams, and that New Orleans is nothing to worry about without Sean Payton.

At least that's what CP told me.

I think the Saints will be dogshit due to all that's happened.

Especially the D. Officials will be watching them closely.

OnTheWarpath15 06-21-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8693761)
I think the Saints will be dogshit due to all that's happened.

Especially the D. Officials will be watching them closely.

The D wasn't that good even before all this.

But to think Drew Brees - with all those weapons - is just going to fall apart because Sean Payton isn't on the sideline?

Wishful thinking.

mlyonsd 06-21-2012 05:53 PM

Yes bronco fans, you should win the AFC West. That's a given. Anything less can only be considered a failure.

If that happens don't fight the feelings to jump off of bridges and other tall stuff. John Elway expects it from you.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2012 05:53 PM

Ya, look for the Saints and Drew Brees to light it up this year. I don't know how good the team will be, but that offense under Brees' command will be it's usual terror to defend.

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8693771)
Ya, look for the Saints and Drew Brees to light it up this year. I don't know how good the team will be, but that offense under Brees' command will be it's usual terror to defend.

You are assuming he signs and doesn't come to KC :)

Ace Gunner 06-21-2012 06:03 PM

Hahahaha now that was funny

BigMeatballDave 06-21-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8693764)
The D wasn't that good even before all this.

But to think Drew Brees - with all those weapons - is just going to fall apart because Sean Payton isn't on the sideline?

Wishful thinking.

I said nothing about Sean. But him not being around could be a problem.

Molitoth 06-21-2012 06:07 PM

This thread consists of too many homers.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8693714)
We only had 3 games where our qb was able to move the ball.

Are gonna try and play it off like that didn't impact defensive matrics as much as any other factor?

Cassel played 9 games, Orton played 3.

There's something wrong with your statement.

BossChief 06-21-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693813)
Cassel played 9 games, Orton played 3.

There's something wrong with your statement.

There is nothing wrong with my statement.

Cassel was able to move the ball in one game and Orton did so in two.

The rest of the games, our offense was the 3nout champ and that gave extra possessions that our defense had to defend and that impacted our yardage difference and even moreso our points allowed.

BossChief 06-21-2012 06:31 PM

I wonder if anyone has a breakdown of "total drives defended" or "average yards gained per possession"

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8693822)
Cassel was able to move the ball in one game and Orton did so in two.

Our offense was fine against:

Minnesota
Indianapolis
Oakland
San Diego
Green Bay
Oakland

Anyway, I dunno what difference it makes.

We got 5 bogus wins because we faced UFL QB talent.

Discuss Thrower 06-21-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693834)
Our offense was fine against:

Oakland

Green Bay
Oakland

Anyway, I dunno what difference it makes.

We got 5 bogus wins because we faced UFL QB talent.

Wut?

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 06:42 PM

It was fine in both Oakland games. 300+ yards.

HighChief 06-21-2012 06:43 PM

Am I in the minority who thinks matt cassel and this very good to great roster will win this division? Plus our easier SOS. I think we win 11 games which will win this division. Now winning in the postseason with matt is another story!

Rasputin 06-21-2012 06:45 PM

What it comes down too is...

Broncos season success hinges on Peyton Manning from breaking his nick.

Chiefs season success hinges on Matt Cassel breaking his nick.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighChief (Post 8693842)
Plus our easier SOS.

The schedule is more difficult than it was last year. Period. End of story.

Discuss Thrower 06-21-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693839)
It was fine in both Oakland games. 300+ yards.

You mean the first Oakland game where the one offensive TD was a) scored by a o-lineman and b) illegal or the second time around when the kick team got raped?

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8693855)
You mean the first Oakland game where the one offensive TD was a) scored by a o-lineman and b) illegal or the second time around when the kick team got raped?

The offense moved the ball in both games.

To insinuate otherwise is erroneous.

HighChief 06-21-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8693646)
San Diego could easily have won this division even with a healthy Peyton in Denver if they fired Norv.

Instead they're being talked about as the second banana to both Denver AND Kansas City.

I'm giving Romeo a chance this year, but if I even smell the faintest WHIFF of Norvesque failure on him, I'll demand he get fired.

I am calling BS! Why does everyone think that roster is still filled with talent like it was 8 years ago? They are a bad team with a good qb. Which will mean 7-9 to 9-7 for the what? 5th year in a row.

Discuss Thrower 06-21-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693857)
The offense moved the ball in both games.

To insinuate otherwise is erroneous.

HAY, DONDE ESTA PUNTOS?!