ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Key West Trip? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291079)

NewChief 03-06-2015 08:48 AM

Key West Trip?

We go down to Palm Beach every spring break to hang with my mother in law. This year, we're taking a side trip down to Key West with the kids for a couple of days. I'm supposed to find us lodging near Mallory Square as well as a good Everglades airboat tour. I'd, personally, love to take the kids snorkeling as well.

So yeah, give me any information I need for this trip, including where we should stay near Mallory Square.

Thanks!

BigRedChief 03-06-2015 08:51 AM

When are you going? Spring break in Key West is going to be very expensive.

NewChief 03-06-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11363767)
When are you going? Spring break in Key West is going to be very expensive.

Yes. I know. I'm not thrilled that we're even doing this side trip as I like to go and just relax in Palm Beach. The wife and grandmother promised our boys that they'd go to Key West, though.

tyton75 03-06-2015 09:27 AM

Key west is a lot of fun. I didn't stay on Mallory Square because it was too expensive. So I'm not much help.

Graystoke 03-06-2015 09:57 AM

I have stayed at the Duval Inn B&B. Passed on Mallory Square because of costs.

TribalElder 03-06-2015 09:58 AM

Watch your cornhole bud

Don't catch the gay aids down there

Sorter 03-06-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11363908)
Watch your cornhole bud

Don't catch the gay aids down there

This.

Also, manatees are deceptive. Don't lend your car or watch to one.

penguinz 03-06-2015 10:12 AM

When we go to the Keys we stay at Hawks Cay Resort on Duck key. Is about 1.5 hours from Key West.

BucEyedPea 03-06-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11363764)
We go down to Palm Beach every spring break to hang with my mother in law. This year, we're taking a side trip down to Key West with the kids for a couple of days. I'm supposed to find us lodging near Mallory Square as well as a good Everglades airboat tour. I'd, personally, love to take the kids snorkeling as well.

So yeah, give me any information I need for this trip, including where we should stay near Mallory Square.

Thanks!

I'll wait 'til you come back to tell me, as I've never been and plan to go at some point. :D

DaveNull 03-06-2015 10:46 AM

Key West is big enough to be terribly concerned about where you're staying. Rent some bikes and you'll be set.

Lzen 03-06-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11364055)
Key West is big enough to be terribly concerned about where you're staying. Rent some bikes and you'll be set.

We rented scooters when we went down there in 2009. We stayed in a nice hotel but it was on the opposite side of the island from Duvall. Watch out for the transvestites in the old Caddy.

I also remember seeing this biker with ape hangers that were extremely tall. He was stretched out to the max. I don't know how he rode it, but he looked like an idiot. Lots of cigar shops and tatoo parlors, too. :thumb:

65TossPowerTrap 03-06-2015 07:16 PM

Tbh key west is pretty sketchy to take your kids. While an interesting place for adults damn sure don't walk your kids down Duval St. after dinner. Rent a condo in old key west you can damn near walk anywhere from Mallory to the southernmost point. To go on the water check out Danger charters theyre super cool folks and reasonably priced.

Scorp 03-06-2015 07:23 PM

Ummmm I wouldn't snorkel in the Everglades..........just sayin.

Rain Man 03-06-2015 07:50 PM

It's not particularly close to Mallory Square (1.2 miles away), but I stayed here a couple of years ago and it was nice: http://lapensione.com/

I think the Mallory Square area would be one of the best places to stay from the little bit I remember, but at the same time it was a pretty easy walk from my hotel to get to the main drag and you'll be walking along it anyway.

The Truman White House was a cool tour, by the way.

Coochie liquor 03-06-2015 07:53 PM

Keys is cool. Def more adult oriented than kids. But they will surely enjoy. One thing that sucks about KW though is there are no beaches there.