ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Prisco grades the first round (not kindly for the AFC West)... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227036)

DaWolf 04-22-2010 11:28 PM

Prisco grades the first round (not kindly for the AFC West)...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...verlist_footer

No. 5: Chiefs select: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Analysis: I think this is too high for a safety. The value isn't there at that position. They have other needs. I just don't think he's worth a top 5 pick. He's good. But he isn't great.
B-

No. 8: Raiders select: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Analysis: He's a good player, but is there value there? They could have taken a premier pass rusher. They do have troubles with the run defense, but Jason Pierre-Paul was a better pick.
C+

No. 12: Chargers select: Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
Analysis: They wanted a back, and went and got one. This is high. You don't trade up to get a back. He's just not worth it. They could have waited until the second round. Backs can be found later.
C-

No. 22: Broncos select: Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Analysis: He is a good player coming off a leg injury. The knock on him is that he didn't run a lot of routes at Georgia Tech. But he can. He fills a big hole.
B-

No. 25: Broncos select: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Analysis: By far and away the worst pick in this draft. Wow. How can you justify trading away Cutler and picking this kid. He's a fifth-round pick -- at best. Now we know why Josh McDaniels will last one more year in Denver. Horrible. Just horrible.
F

Coach 04-22-2010 11:29 PM

Pete Prisco being a dickhead - A+

**** off and die already Prisco. Nobody gives a shit about what you think.

aturnis 04-22-2010 11:34 PM

Wow, Berry right now is poised to be better than good. All the cards read great in his future.

Also, anyone who says JPP would be a better pick is an asshat. JPP is the kind of 1st round pick I hate, all potential. The higher a players "potential" the more likely he is to bust. Potential, is something that is not there, but likely could be. If it ain't there now, it probably ain't coming.

kcpasco 04-22-2010 11:35 PM

How can the value not be there at safety in this pass happy league?

KurtCobain 04-22-2010 11:36 PM

Right about everything but Lord Berry.

T-post Tom 04-22-2010 11:37 PM

Glad Prisco isn't on Pioli's staff. (Insert dick joke here.)

keg in kc 04-22-2010 11:38 PM

It was a risky pick. Safeties don't go that high. He's right about that.

But I also think it was a no-brainer. Who else would make sense? Okung? Shoot me now.

Chiefshrink 04-22-2010 11:42 PM

Hey, PRICKSKO ask the Ravens IF Ed Reed added value for the Ravens in the last 10ys!! Damn guarantee you if they had our pick at 5 and had the chance to take Ed Reed again they would do it at 5 as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritz88 04-22-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6701266)
[url]

No. 25: Broncos select: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Analysis: By far and away the worst pick in this draft. Wow. How can you justify trading away Cutler and picking this kid. He's a fifth-round pick -- at best. Now we know why Josh McDaniels will last one more year in Denver. Horrible. Just horrible.
F

Music to my ears.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-22-2010 11:44 PM

Walter Football gave out the following grades:

Chiefs: B
Chargers: B
Broncos: Thomas F
Tebow: Too biased
Raiders: Millen

lostcause 04-22-2010 11:47 PM

Prisco has always been an idiot. I am sure the only player we could have drafted to garner an A in his eyes was Okung. I mean, the guy gave the Raiders a C+ for McClain, which I thought was a surprisingly good pick. And he gives the Hawks a B+ for Earl Thomas primarily because they drafted Okung earlier in the first round.

beer bacon 04-22-2010 11:49 PM

Why draft the 2nd best player in the draft when you can reach on a much less talented player at a much "safer" position? Prisco is a genious.

WildTurkey 04-22-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6701319)
Walter Football gave out the following grades:

Chiefs: B
Chargers: B
Broncos: Thomas F
Tebow: Too biased
Raiders: Millen

Walter has had a hard on for us taking an OL the last few years.... I really don't buy in to a lot of the bullshit he puts on that site

Chiefshrink 04-22-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6701304)
It was a risky pick. Safeties don't go that high. He's right about that.

But I also think it was a no-brainer. Who else would make sense? Okung? Shoot me now.

Agreed BUT Berry is such a multi-dimensional player that can provide soooooooooo many different defensive schemes,blitzes etc...... A safety that sees his position as not only as a defensive player but sees himself as offensive threat at all times looking to take the ball away and score literally on every play. A player that can truly cover like a CB and hit and tackle like a LB that looks to create a turnover and score on every play who likes to hang out and help the Equip guys. That is a coache's WET DREAM!!!:clap:

Chiefshrink 04-22-2010 11:54 PM

The best part is that this in NO WET DREAM this is the REAL DEAL!!!!