ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11320269)
Exactly but getting the "right" guy is the challenge.

Yerp.

And a good helmer won't hurt. It's not like Norton is chopped liver.

unlurking 02-10-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11319566)
I'd vote Donald Glover if he was a better actor.

****ing sexist.

:(

Deberg_1990 02-10-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11320204)
Dude looks exactly like Garfield, almost. ****ing Creepy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images.../g24eSR4S.jpeg

I haven't seen him in anything. That maze runner show looks like pure trash, but he might be good in it, who knows?

I've seen Maze Runner. It's not bad.

This guy wasn't bad in the movie, but I wouldn't consider him somewhat exceptional either. Who knows?

Silock 02-10-2015 05:39 PM

I thought Garfield was great as Spidey. /oddmanout

Chiefspants 02-10-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11321009)

I love Garfield but I thought the writing for TASM was unmitigated garbage. Douchebag Peter "Tony Stark" Parker, death by chocolate milk Uncle Ben, and that hokey midnight construction worker pact were all cringeworthy to watch.. and I'm not even delving into Spiderman 3 TASM 2.

Jamie 02-10-2015 06:06 PM

Yeah, the cast was clearly the best part of the Amazing movies. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to use Peter's parents should be punched in the dick.

Rausch 02-10-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11321009)

I thought he was much better in the role.

Also thought any momentum gained in his first movie went to hell with the $3itstorm of a second one...

Buehler445 02-10-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11320216)
Hmm, maybe they're going to Cheadle Garfield? Andrew pretty much burned himself to the ground at Sony.

Huh?

What happened? I missed it.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11321521)
Huh?

What happened? I missed it.

I have no idea what he's talking about.

Maybe he's talking about Terrance Howard's refusal to take a pay cut after his buddy Robert Downey, Jr. got a gigantic payday. then was replaced by Don Cheadle.

I haven't heard anything about Garfield having a falling out with Sony but who would even care? Amy Pascal is gone and the new president will put a new team in place.

Also, the actors don't have "relationships" with studios and studio heads, the agents are the people that handle all of that. A guy like Garfield could get a new agent in 15 seconds and be all good.

Chiefspants 02-10-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321528)
I have no idea what he's talking about.

Maybe he's talking about Terrance Howard's refusal to take a pay cut after his buddy Robert Downey, Jr. got a gigantic payday. then was replaced by Don Cheadle.

I haven't heard anything about Garfield having a falling out with Sony but who would even care? Amy Pascal is gone and the new president will put a new team in place.

Also, the actors don't have "relationships" with studios and studio heads, the agents are the people that handle all of that. A guy like Garfield could get a new agent in 15 seconds and be all good.

According to an article I read dissecting the Sony leaks, Garfield missed multiple events with the Sony bigwigs including one where he was supposed to be seated next to Sony Japan's CEO. Apparently this was the last push Pascal & company needed to look elsewhere.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11321533)
According to an article I read dissecting the Sony leaks, Garfield missed multiple events with the Sony bigwigs including one where he was supposed to be seated next to Sony Japan's CEO. Apparently this was the last push Pascal & company needed to look elsewhere.

I hadn't heard about that but that's a pretty outrageous demand. I would imagine that if that occurred and Garfield missed events, it was at the behest of the agent, not the actor.

Actors generally only do what their agents tell them to do.

Chiefspants 02-10-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321535)
I hadn't heard about that but that's a pretty outrageous demand. I would imagine that if that occurred and Garfield missed events, it was at the behest of the agent, not the actor.

Actors generally only do what their agents tell them to do.

Garfield was also openly critical of Sony's intervention in the post-production of TASM 2. It's possible he himself was looking to move on.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11321539)
Garfield was also openly critical of Sony's intervention in the post-production of TASM 2. It's possible he himself was looking to move on.

I don't know anything about him or his deal with Sony. I do know about some of the things that happened, the leaks, the hack and how it affected certain people, but Garfield wasn't one of them.

Regardless, Sony and Marvel were destined to move on. Kevin Feige has a vision for the MCU and since he didn't choose Garfield, it was unlikely that he'd return, regardless of some "missed dinner", which really sounds like a whole lot of hooey.

keg in kc 02-10-2015 10:59 PM

Spider-Man's turning into Doctor Who, new one regenerates every five years.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11321552)
Spider-Man's turning into Doctor Who, new one regenerates every five years.

Or the Hulk, although they nailed it with Ruffalo