ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Tribal Warfare 07-17-2012 03:22 PM

Marvel unviels their next four projects

Marvel Unveils CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, THOR: THE DARK WORLD, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and ANT-MAN

Saturday’s Hall H panel for Marvel at Comic-Con was billed as Iron Man 3, but from previous experience we all knew to expect more goodies from Marvel Studios than just IM3. We were right, as the studio announced full, intriguing titles for Thor 2 and Captain America 2, confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy (including which characters will appear), and revealed test footage for Ant-Man with a surprise appearance by Edgar Wright.

Hit the jump for my full recap of this “update” portion of the Marvel panel. [Update: We've updated the article with concept art for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie as well as logos for all the upcoming Marvel films]

Chris-Hemsworth-Thor 2 the dark worldFeige opened the panel by saying that they’re working on four movies in active development. The first is Iron Man 3, hitting theaters on May 3rd, 2013. He then went on to reveal titles for two previously known sequels, and confirmed another property that we’d heard rumblings of in the past few weeks.

Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013)
Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1, 2014)

For fans of the comics, the subtitle “The Winter Soldier” should provide a hint as to where the Captain America sequel will go. The title is a reference to a comics storyline that will find Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) taking an integral role.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movieFeige added that Zachary Levi has been confirmed as the character of Fandrel in the Thor sequel, and revealed the team that will be unleashed for Guardians of the Galaxy:

StarLord
Drax the Destroyer
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Gamora

In a fantastic surprise, Feige then introduced Edgar Wright to talk about Ant-Man. Wright had been tweeting about being in London for the past few days in an effort to throw fans off, but he came out to a very warm reception.

“I’m taking the Terrence Malick approach to superheroes,” said Wright referring to the long road of development on Ant-Man.
Wright and Joe Cornish wrote two more drafts of the script last year, but they’ve been done for quite a while.

ant-man-movie-logoThey then revealed test footage that Wright shot for Ant-Man, after Wright toyed for a bit with the audience saying they wouldn’t really want to see a clip of stuff with wires and blue screens in it. It’s completely unfinished since they shot it two weeks ago, but they showed the footage anyway because Marvel absolutely owns Comic-Con.

The footage opened with Ant-Man sitting on a ledge in an air conditioning vent that lead to a hallway guarded by two agents. The costume was pretty metallic looking, and he snuck through the vent hole and started running down the hallway. He morphed to normal size, shocking the guards, then morphed back down to ant size and kept running. Still in “ant size” he leapt up and punched one of the guys in the face, knocking the spit out of him, then he ran and attacked the other guard.

The footage was obviously rough, but I thought the big/small effects worked great. Wright found a way to make Ant-Man’s power work in a cool and useful way on screen, while still allowing room for the playful tone that he does so well. While I was hoping we’d see someone like Simon Pegg play the role just for fun in the test footage, the actor was wearing the Ant-Man helmet the entire time so we never saw his face. The lights then came back up.

“I’ve been doing one second of that for the last six years,” quipped Wright
Wright confirmed that the costume seen in the test footage will most likely be what makes the final film. He described it as a mix between the Silver Age and contemporary Ant-Man, adding “Ant-Man will kick your ass one inch at a time.”
Wright said there’s no casting to announce, but “revealed” that Ant-Man has been here in Hall H all day, pulling out an Ant-Man title card and putting it on the table next to him.

Wright then left the stage to make way for the Iron Man 3 panel, but these bits of news from Marvel were met with wild applause from the audience. Hit the comments to discuss the goings-on from today’s Marvel panel, and read Matt’s recap of Iron Man 3 right here. [Update: Simon Pegg tweeted that he, Nick Frost, and Wright start filming The World's End in 10 weeks, then Wright will film Ant-Man sometime next year.]

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...laxy-movie.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...go-600x404.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...go-600x375.png

007 07-17-2012 06:15 PM

I just don't see Ant Man doing very well.

mdchiefsfan 07-17-2012 07:57 PM

I have heard that after Ironman 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 there are plans for The Avengers 2 which will also star the most recent Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) and Wolverine (of course, by Hugh Jackman). Also there could be a few more releases with Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. He signed a contract to star in 6 movies as The Hulk.

Might already be known but sharing what I have recently heard.

Bump 07-17-2012 11:42 PM

guardians in the galaxy is one of the few marvel things I know nothing about

CoMoChief 07-17-2012 11:54 PM

Should have done Aquaman and have it star Adrienne Grenier. At least that would probably do a lot better than "Ant Man". I mean could there be a more "who gives a shit" super hero character?

Buck 07-18-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8749136)
I have heard that after Ironman 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 there are plans for The Avengers 2 which will also star the most recent Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) and Wolverine (of course, by Hugh Jackman). Also there could be a few more releases with Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. He signed a contract to star in 6 movies as The Hulk.

Might already be known but sharing what I have recently heard.

LOL that's not happening.

Aries Walker 07-18-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8749793)
Should have done Aquaman and have it star Adrienne Grenier. At least that would probably do a lot better than "Ant Man". I mean could there be a more "who gives a shit" super hero character?

Aquaman's not a Marvel character - but I have heard rumors of a Sub-Mariner movie, which I would go see.

And yes, there definitely could be. Check out the picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy, for starters. One of their characters is a f***in' tree.

mdchiefsfan 07-18-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8749811)
LOL that's not happening.

What's not and why not?

Aries Walker 07-18-2012 02:31 AM

I'm guessing he's talking about Spider-man and Wolverine joining Avengers 2. Sony owns the rights to the film version of Spider-Man, and FOX of Wolverine, so it would take some serious cross-corporate finagling to make it happen, and both probably want to keep their franchises separate from the Avengers storyline. I suppose stunt-casted cameos are possible, but as for them being actual characters, forget it.

cookster50 07-18-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8749813)
And yes, there definitely could be. Check out the picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy, for starters. One of their characters is a f***in' tree.

My response was, "Oh, I didn't know Ent's were Marvel property, silly little Lord of the Rings!"

Deberg_1990 07-18-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8748716)

Edgar Wright is a pretty talented guy, but who knows how audiences will respond? Nobody went to see his Scott Pilgrim movie but i thought that was a pretty creative movie.

I dont know much about Guardians of the Galaxy? Is that for younger kids?

frankotank 07-18-2012 06:46 AM

yeah ant man didn't really work out for Garret Morris.
an SNL classic - Superhero Party
LMAO at 4:50 - I is Ant Man.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4137

frankotank 07-18-2012 06:53 AM

I just stumbled across this. when I was a kid I thought he was pretty cool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wZbHinwQfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Talking Can 07-18-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8749916)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wZbHinwQfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jesus, that is syfy channel bad...

Aries Walker 07-18-2012 07:22 AM

I saw it. It actually wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. It was about the level of Smallville.

Fish 07-18-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8749813)
One of their characters is a f***in' tree.

Well the voice actor that does that character should have an easy job... He can only say 3 words... "I am Groot."

oldandslow 07-18-2012 08:12 AM

One good thing about the boomer generation dying off is perhaps, just maybe, the obsession with comic book hero movies will end.

I doubt I outlive it, but there may be hope for the next generation.

Fish 07-18-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 8749987)
One good thing about the boomer generation dying off is perhaps, just maybe, the obsession with comic book hero movies will end.

I doubt I outlive it, but there may be hope for the next generation.

Yeah... those comic books are awful... what with getting kids to read, and stimulating their imagination and all. It sure will be nice when we can just plug all the kids into the internet all day and not have to worry about those pesky comic books.

Deberg_1990 07-18-2012 08:48 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-sequel-349622

They have announced that Falcon is gonna show up in Cap 2. Kind of a cheesy character ive always thought...

mdchiefsfan 07-18-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8749854)
I'm guessing he's talking about Spider-man and Wolverine joining Avengers 2. Sony owns the rights to the film version of Spider-Man, and FOX of Wolverine, so it would take some serious cross-corporate finagling to make it happen, and both probably want to keep their franchises separate from the Avengers storyline. I suppose stunt-casted cameos are possible, but as for them being actual characters, forget it.

I understand the rights are something that will need to be worked out. Just passing on a rumor I've heard:

Spiderman:
http://whatculture.com/film/spider-m...avengers-2.php

can't find a decent link to wolverine, but will keep looking.

Fish 07-18-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8750027)
I understand the rights are something that will need to be worked out. Just passing on a rumor I've heard:

Spiderman:
http://whatculture.com/film/spider-m...avengers-2.php

can't find a decent link to wolverine, but will keep looking.

That's like saying the US economy needs some tweaking...

I would bet many dollars that it will never happen.

mdchiefsfan 07-18-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8750037)
That's like saying the US economy needs some tweaking...

I would bet many dollars that it will never happen.

LMAO. Damn it, a man can hope.

morphius 07-18-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 8749877)
My response was, "Oh, I didn't know Ent's were Marvel property, silly little Lord of the Rings!"

I know nothing about that comic, but after seeing the Ent's I could buy into it being a pretty cool idea. Rocket Raccoon on the other hand... Oh boy.

Silock 07-18-2012 10:03 AM

Ant man is a great character, but I don't see it working well in a movie.

morphius 07-18-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8750084)
Ant man is a great character, but I don't see it working well in a movie.

It is one of those names that just isn't appealing, antman just sounds so troma or syfy.

ThaVirus 07-18-2012 02:09 PM

Well, I'm underwhelmed.

Then again I feel like they've already tapped into their most popular characters. Now they're just trying to cash in on the second tier group.

Valiant 07-18-2012 03:06 PM

I think gotq will be great if they can pull off racoon believably.

I figured the movie will build up thanos..

And I cannot fathom in anyway antman being a good movie. He is just boring.

Valiant 07-18-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8750670)
Well, I'm underwhelmed.

Then again I feel like they've already tapped into their most popular characters. Now they're just trying to cash in on the second tier group.

I would like rated r version of dr. Strange

Rated r deadpool

vailpass 07-18-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8749793)

LMAO Good pull.

Bump 07-18-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8749916)

they failed immediately by not getting the dude from Entourage. That dude is typecast in a movie within a TV series, seriously!

BWillie 07-18-2012 10:39 PM

Is this real life? Lol marvel is so gay

ThaVirus 07-19-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8750812)

Rated r deadpool

Yeah. Dr. Strange, Deadpool, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Namor and maybe Black Bolt/The Inhumans are the only ones I can imagine making a real splash.

Bowser 07-19-2012 03:20 PM

I don't think Ant Man or a Guardians movie would be wise. Those are "secondary" characters. Introduce them in a sequel if you have to, but a stand alone just doesn't seem "right".

007 07-20-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8753714)
I don't think Ant Man or a Guardians movie would be wise. Those are "secondary" characters. Introduce them in a sequel if you have to, but a stand alone just doesn't seem "right".

Disagree. Don't do them at all. I would hate to waste valuable "blowin shit up time" an on origin story in a sequel to Avengers.

Micjones 07-23-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8753714)

"Antman" will be to Marvel what "Aquaman" will be to DC.
BOTH throwaway films.

Aries Walker 07-23-2012 07:47 AM

Then again, how many people knew about Daredevil, and he had a fantastic mov . . .

Oh wait. Never mind.

loochy 07-23-2012 07:59 AM

ROFL there's really a guy named antman? Seriously? :shake:

ThaVirus 07-23-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8760995)

Spider-Man. Batman. Superman. Iron Man.

There's really no difference in his name. They were creative in their origins but not so much in the name department.

beach tribe 07-24-2012 05:31 AM

Guardians is just to give Thanos more background.....seriously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamora
Wonder when Warlock will show.

BigCatDaddy 07-24-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8760971)
"Antman" will be to Marvel what "Aquaman" will be to DC.
BOTH throwaway films.

If done right I think Aquaman could be quite good.

Aries Walker 07-24-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

They get a lot dumber-sounding than that.

Feel the wrath of . . . Butterball.

Swanman 07-24-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

He was a member of the avengers in the very first comic book way back when.

loochy 07-24-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8761235)
Spider-Man. Batman. Superman. Iron Man.

There's really no difference in his name. They were creative in their origins but not so much in the name department.

When are we going to get millipedeman?

Reaper16 07-24-2012 11:36 AM

If I don't get Beta Ray Bill in the Thor sequel then I will be pissed.

loochy 07-24-2012 02:06 PM

Billy Ray Beta

ThaVirus 07-25-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8763841)
When are we going to get millipedeman?

I know what you're getting at, but take away Spider-Man and Batman's historical success and their names are just as comical. If Antman were more popular today, you'd just as easily be scoffing at the idea of a hero named Spider-Man.

Also, Aquaman could be pretty cool for one film. There's is no villainous threat to the ocean that wouldn't exist to us land lubbers so I'd say the villain would have to be society. Either have the world's governments find out about Atlantis and try to invade or some shit OR have the Atlanteans get super pissed about us destroying ocean life and declare war.

Something like 80% of people live near water (I'm not sure what percentage of that percentage actually live near the ocean but whatever), so it could work. I have some pretty intense Navy battles in my head right now that could go down, as well as an Atlantean invasion of some major coastal cities (say NYC).

Have the two sides resolve issues at the end and call him to the Justice League. No more stand-alone films after that but have him present in the JL from there on out.

Bump 07-25-2012 11:35 PM

who the **** is ant man? Boy they are squeezing it like the last bit of toothpaste aren't they

Silock 07-26-2012 12:27 AM

Ant man/Giant man is actually pretty ****ing awesome. Can be small or large or in between, depending on which fight he's doing. That makes for some pretty cool ways for him to fight (can shrink out of someone's grasp and then pop up behind them when he's huge as hell and smack the shit out of them). Unfortunately, that works pretty great in comics and cartoons, but I don't think it translates well to film.

He's also a very smart scientist, and actually is a pacifist that doesn't really like fighting. He created a prison for supervillains that's houses them in very tiny form (using the same methods he uses to shrink himself to ant size) making it easy to police. He, like Tony Stark, built robots to police them. One of them went rogue and became Ultron, a villain in its own right. Again, cool things in comic books and animated form, but probably terrible for film.

I love his character.

Deberg_1990 07-26-2012 07:05 AM

I wonder if Wasp will show up with Antman ?

Micjones 07-26-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8763584)
If done right I think Aquaman could be quite good.

Rebooting Superman, an infinitely more compelling character, has been tough.
Who, but comic book readers, knows Aquaman?
"Doing it right" would be difficult enough.

BigCatDaddy 07-26-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8768586)
Rebooting Superman, an infinitely more compelling character, has been tough.
Who, but comic book readers, knows Aquaman?
"Doing it right" would be difficult enough.

I've never read a comic book, but I've seen Aquaman on the Justice League when I was a kid and he made some appearances on Batman Brave and the Bold which I watch with my son.

Aries Walker 07-26-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8768546)
I wonder if Wasp will show up with Antman ?

I hope so.

Deberg_1990 02-05-2013 04:48 PM

Chris Pratt from Parks and Rec just got cast as the lead in Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/05/c...of-the-galaxy/

keg in kc 02-05-2013 04:51 PM

Awesome, love that dude's work.

Rugby Thompson 02-05-2013 09:02 PM

Marvel is still making these horrible films that no one cares about but yet they can't make a venom carnage spiderman type movie?

no one cares about captain america or thor or especially ant man anymore...i understand they're trying to fit it in all with the avengers but it's just lame now, times have changed.

guardians of galaxy or w/e looks okay but still at the end of the day, these movies are just filler for what people really wanna see.

Buehler445 02-05-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9381303)
Marvel is still making these horrible films that no one cares about but yet they can't make a venom carnage spiderman type movie?

no one cares about captain america or thor or especially ant man anymore...i understand they're trying to fit it in all with the avengers but it's just lame now, times have changed.

guardians of galaxy or w/e looks okay but still at the end of the day, these movies are just filler for what people really wanna see.

Marvel sold the rights to Spiderman. Until Fox (IIRC) releases the rights, Marvel isn't able to do anything with Spiderman.

Rausch 02-05-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8750812)

That would be cool. You could take Strange in a thousand different ways. I'd love to see them land Hugh Laurie.

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-c...ie-writers.jpg

And I was really hoping they'd do a Black Panther flick...

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/ne...1344548746.jpg

bowener 02-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9381382)
Marvel sold the rights to Spiderman. Until Fox (IIRC) releases the rights, Marvel isn't able to do anything with Spiderman.

Do you think they regret that now? And how long until they have the rights again?

Buehler445 02-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9381402)
Do you think they regret that now? And how long until they have the rights again?

Well, they sold the rights prior to getting into the movie making business. Them and XMen both went out the door before Marvel decided they could do it better.

I don't know how long it will be. IIRC, if they still make movies they hang onto them, I'm pretty sure that's why they made a new one last year.

ThaVirus 02-05-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9381399)
And I was really hoping they'd do a Black Panther flick...

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/ne...1344548746.jpg

One day, my friend. One day...

Deberg_1990 02-06-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9381411)
Well, they sold the rights prior to getting into the movie making business. Them and XMen both went out the door before Marvel decided they could do it better.

I don't know how long it will be. IIRC, if they still make movies they hang onto them, I'm pretty sure that's why they made a new one last year.

yep....Sony and FOX will continue to reboot Spiderman and XMen over and over and over again because they dont want to lose the rights. If they keep making money, then they are valuable.

Frosty 02-06-2013 09:30 AM

I still think a ROM movie would be cool.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...9a2ho1_500.jpg

However, it's old enough that there probably isn't a big enough audience. :(

Deberg_1990 10-24-2013 09:15 PM

Sounds like Antman will will played by Paul Rudd, and Janet Van Dyke (Wasp) will be played by Rashida Jones.

http://schmoesknow.com/paul-rudd-ras...anet-van-dyne/

007 10-24-2013 09:24 PM

I can't believe they are going to go the antman route. Paul Rudd?

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10121823)
I can't believe they are going to go the antman route. Paul Rudd?

JGL is the other choice.

It's not set in stone.

Ant Man is Phase 2.

Aries Walker 10-24-2013 09:29 PM

Actually Phase 3. It's the first one slated after Avengers 2.

007 10-24-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10121827)
JGL is the other choice.

It's not set in stone.

Ant Man is Phase 2.

Personally I think Antman on the bigscreen just won't work but between the two, they should go with JGL.

Aries Walker 10-24-2013 10:10 PM

I love the casting, especially Rashida Jones. She's perfect as Jan.

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10121839)
Actually Phase 3. It's the first one slated after Avengers 2.

Oh, my bad. I keep getting confused with all this stuff.

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10121842)
Personally I think Antman on the bigscreen just won't work but between the two, they should go with JGL.

Yeah, I'm not sure how a miniaturized man fits but Marvel movies through Disney have been gold.

Deberg_1990 10-24-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10121945)
I love the casting, especially Rashida Jones. She's perfect as Jan.

She's perfectly hot.

Valiant 10-24-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10121955)
Yeah, I'm not sure how a miniaturized man fits but Marvel movies through Disney have been gold.

Depending how they play him. Stark smart. Controls bugs? Shrinks and grows.

Hopefully not campy.

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10122035)
Depending how they play him. Stark smart. Controls bugs? Shrinks and grows.

Hopefully not campy.

It's Edgar Wright's baby, so I'd expect some campiness

Aries Walker 10-25-2013 05:38 AM

Hank Pym is a fairly dark character in the comics, with a lot of personal demons. I'm thinking that by casting Paul Rudd, it's a sign that they're going to try to inject a little levity into him, so that he might even smile once or twice. Hopefully, they don't go too crazy and make him a Ryan Reynolds-like constant wisecracker, but I can't fault them for making Pym be a little less uptight all the time.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10122271)
Hank Pym is a fairly dark character in the comics, with a lot of personal demons. I'm thinking that by casting Paul Rudd, it's a sign that they're going to try to inject a little levity into him, so that he might even smile once or twice. Hopefully, they don't go too crazy and make him a Ryan Reynolds-like constant wisecracker, but I can't fault them for making Pym be a little less uptight all the time.

The latest is that the original drafts were more in the genre of "heist" type films, which would be a different tone than the other Marvel films.

Edgar Wright is "Shaun of the Dead", so I expect it to be off-center in nature.

Deberg_1990 10-25-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10123222)
The latest is that the original drafts were more in the genre of "heist" type films, which would be a different tone than the other Marvel films.

Edgar Wright is "Shaun of the Dead", so I expect it to be off-center in nature.

He definitely has an unique sensibility. I actually liked that Scott Pilgrim movie too.

Halfcan 10-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8748716)

I hate Ants-lol

beach tribe 10-26-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10121955)

Pym is the man who created Ultron so Im thinking there will be that, and I know he is called Ant Man, but Pym actually used the reverse function of his suit more often which allowed him to grow into a 60 ft. human Godzilla wrecking machine.
He is also a self involved, jealous, narcissistic sociopath and complete Dick.

Psyko Tek 10-26-2013 11:13 PM

somebody knows their marvel continuity

beach tribe 10-27-2013 12:44 AM

I ****in lived for the Marvel universe from age 8 until 16 when I discovered pussy.