ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Polling the ChiefsPlanet Parents... Is 7 too young for a Gun? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157031)

|Zach| 01-21-2007 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole

Surely he's not stupid enough to just turn the little bugger loose on his own with it.

Don't ever assume anything Bobo.

PiMpALiZe 01-21-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
Wow. the standard is 100. well done though.

no, the standard for being mentally reeruned is 80 idiot, heh, but thanks for incorrectly correcting me.

HMc 01-21-2007 03:09 AM

God i hope this is around for the morning crew

PiMpALiZe 01-21-2007 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
God i hope this is around for the morning crew

Profound mental reerunation Below 20
Severe mental reerunation 20–34
Moderate mental reerunation 35–49
Mild mental reerunation 50–69
Borderline mental reerunation 70–79

i looked it up for you billy, thought you may want to know for the next time you come to a battle of wits unarmed.......and on a side note, is the kangaroo ass any good down there? or is that just a stereotype?

Bob Dole 01-21-2007 03:17 AM

On a related note: Phuqtard is IQ independent.

Bob Dole just felt like someone should point that out.

boogblaster 01-21-2007 07:43 AM

Boog Jr. was taught to shoot at 7..he was responsible, even unloaded and cleaned after usage...

CHIEF4EVER 01-21-2007 07:54 AM

My son got his first gun around 8 years old. He has never harmed anyone or wanted to. He is always safe with firearms. Of course, this had a lot to do with DAD teaching him properly at an early age.

Bwana 01-21-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
He's not a dumbass if he trains the kid correctly.

And you're not a suburban pussy idiot so much as a total and complete tool and a victim of years of liberal media programming.

Yes, all guns are evil, and any child who is taught to shoot will grow up to be a murdering bastard serial killer. Never mind the fact that you can count these horrible shooting incidents on one hand, and that even on the most violent day in high school history, perhaps 99.99999% of all American high school children actually went to school and didn't get killed. Yep, sounds like the end of the world to me. God help us all. :whackit:

I suppose you think breathing in a whiff of cigarette smoke will instantly give you cancer, too.

Take a bow; you're Dan Rather's love child.

:shake:

ROFL That is golden right there.

Good Post

rad 01-21-2007 10:22 AM

When my son was 4 or 5, he took an interest to my gun cabinet. He asked if he could hold one, and I went over the rules with him (those who have taken the course are familiar with the 10 rules) and let him hold my .22 rifle. He asked me if it was loaded, and I said yes (it wasn't), and reminded him of rule #1. When he was 6, I got him a Daisy BB gun and keep it in my gun cabinet. He's not allowed to use it without me being there.

When he was 8, I got him a bow, which is stored in my gun cabinet. He has friends over on occasion that have bows, and they shoot in the backyard at a bag target, again while I or my wife are around.

He's 10 now and a couple months ago, I got him a Cricket .22, which he's not allowed to use without me, and stays locked in my gun cabinet.

I think it's safe to say he understands that guns are not toys, and I see no reason why a young boy who has an interest in firearms (and responsible parents) can't enjoy the right to target shoot and hunt. I think a young person who is equipped with a little knowledge on the subject will make better decisions later in life when situations arise that parents don't want their children involved in.

mlyonsd 01-21-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad
When my son was 4 or 5, he took an interest to my gun cabinet. He asked if he could hold one, and I went over the rules with him (those who have taken the course are familiar with the 10 rules) and let him hold my .22 rifle. He asked me if it was loaded, and I said yes (it wasn't), and reminded him of rule #1. When he was 6, I got him a Daisy BB gun and keep it in my gun cabinet. He's not allowed to use it without me being there.

When he was 8, I got him a bow, which is stored in my gun cabinet. He has friends over on occasion that have bows, and they shoot in the backyard at a bag target, again while I or my wife are around.

He's 10 now and a couple months ago, I got him a Cricket .22, which he's not allowed to use without me, and stays locked in my gun cabinet.

I think it's safe to say he understands that guns are not toys, and I see no reason why a young boy who has an interest in firearms (and responsible parents) can't enjoy the right to target shoot and hunt. I think a young person who is equipped with a little knowledge on the subject will make better decisions later in life when situations arise that parents don't want their children involved in.

This is a perfect example of how a good parent teaches their kids to respect guns. Nice job.

HMc 01-21-2007 10:29 AM

i've never even seen a genuine gun. well, the cops carry em but i'm pretty sure i've never held one

alanm 01-21-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke
I was shooting around 7 or 8, but only 22's and I had to deer hunt with someone till I was 12. I had to use a 20 gauge with slugs till I learned just how far a bullet would travel and to check the background.

I didn't own a gun till my 15th birthday. Noway in hell I'd let my kid even fire a pistol at 7. Or own a 243.

The Dad is really rushing things and I hope he rethinks just how dangerous a toy he's setting his kid up with.

Your experience sounds a lot like mine. Me and the dogs used to scare up a lot of birds for my Dad and brothers. :)

Fairplay 01-21-2007 10:36 AM

Have him bring the gun to school for show and tell.

Leave the clip in.

HMc 01-21-2007 10:43 AM

look what daddy gave me mummy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e-p1030142.jpg

Phobia 01-21-2007 10:43 AM

The only gun I've ever owned was an M16A2 and I wasn't given that until I was 18.

I don't have a problem with responsible parents teaching their kids gun safety and shooting skills at a young age.