ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bucs not planning to extend Josh Freeman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268578)

ChiliConCarnage 01-07-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

One possibility would be to apply the non-exclusive tag and to see if anyone is willing to sign Freeman to an offer sheet and give up a pair of first-round picks.
I wonder how hard he laughed after writing that

Pooch 01-07-2013 08:44 AM

I think it is crazy that half the people on this site act like Geno is bust proof. I wonder what they know that none of the scouts that do this for a living don't?

FlaChief58 01-07-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9291253)
well, he is better than Stanzi and Stanzi will need to be replaced so if he will be happy taking the 3rd spot on the depth chart to see if he can improve his position...ok

A guy like this is right in Reid's wheelhouse. With some quality coaching, Freeman should improve

jd1020 01-07-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch (Post 9291258)
I think it is crazy that half the people on this site act like Geno is bust proof. I wonder what they know that none of the scouts that do this for a living don't?

I think Geno is so bust proof I want the Chiefs to draft 2 QBs this year while signing Jason Campbell or Matt Moore.

shitgoose 01-07-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9291235)
What's your point?

You think the Buccaneers aren't extending Freeman because he's a great QB and to do the Chiefs a favor?

My point is I don't think there is a great QB to be had in the draft. I know Geno is god around here but let's not pretend he's a proven commodity.

Secondly, if you read the article you might have noticed it mentioned that Schiano might be looking for his own guy. If he and Freeman are not a good match than Freeman moves on. You can't deny this guy has talent. Not saying he is Aaron Rodgers and Terry Bradshaws love child or anything but he's 20x the QB the Chiefs have had in the last 5 years.

jd1020 01-07-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 9291263)
My point is I don't think there is a great QB to be had in the draft. I know Geno is god around here but let's not pretend he's a proven commodity.

Secondly, if you read the article you might have noticed it mentioned that Schiano might be looking for his own guy. If he and Freeman are not a good match than Freeman moves on. You can't deny this guy has talent. Not saying he is Aaron Rodgers and Terry Bradshaws love child or anything but he's 20x the QB the Chiefs have had in the last 5 years.

Tebow has talent. He's just not very good.

Jets are taking offers.

TheGuardian 01-07-2013 08:49 AM

God no. Next.

shitgoose 01-07-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9291265)
Tebow has talent. He's just not very good.

Jets are taking offers.

You're right. Forget Freeman, Matt Moore/Jason Campbell FTW!!!!!ROFL

Geno is bust proof!!!LMAO

Iowanian 01-07-2013 08:52 AM

He was decent as a rookie but has pretty much sucked the past 2 seasons.

If a 24 year old 1st rounder with 3 years experience is being shopped, it's not because the team likes his upside.

Better than what we have now, but not the answer IMO.

hawkchief 01-07-2013 08:54 AM

Absolutely no thanks. We've had enough stiffs around here, no need for another one.

Next.

jd1020 01-07-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 9291268)
You're right. Forget Freeman, Matt Moore/Jason Campbell FTW!!!!!ROFL

Geno is bust proof!!!LMAO

Yes, because not wanting to trade for a once first round pick that is already being shown the door before his rookie deal expires means Geno is bust proof.

God this fan base is stupid.

BigMeatballDave 01-07-2013 08:59 AM

I wanna see Clay's reaction to this... :D

jd1020 01-07-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9291285)
I wanna see Clay's reaction to this... :D

PFF is going to show us how Freeman is better than Cassel and Quinn.

-King- 01-07-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 9291263)

Cant deny Brady Quinn's talent either.

And who the **** cares if hes better than the qbs we've had lately. 75% of the qbs in the league fit that description. It doesn't take much to be better than them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 01-07-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9291208)
Hmmm..maybe he's a trade option for KC. Sign me up for a 2nd rounder

Hell ****ing no...