ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW: Week 4 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276607)

Mile High Mania 09-24-2013 08:21 AM

AFCW: Week 4

Let me start by saying that I'm honestly very happy to see the Chiefs playing well. I've said this for years - but, I love it when the division is dominant. It's great for everyone in the long run and from a rivalry perspective, it's greatness.

I don't think either KC or Denver has truly been tested yet by a complete team... but, you can only play the teams that are up next and do what you're supposed to do. Things will shake out a bit over the next month and we'll have a much better picture at the halfway mark.

Broncos 3-0
Chiefs 3-0
Chargers 1-2
Raiders 1-2

Flip the order for Den and KC and it doesn't matter at this point...

Week 4 has the following:

Eagles @ Broncos
Giants @ Chiefs
Cowboys @ Chargers
Redskins @ Raiders

It's a pure NFCE vs AFCW and all AFC teams are at home...

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked with any result in this game. The NFCE teams have talent and most are scrambling to find a win, especially the Giants. It's been ugly through 3 weeks and @ KC is going to be miserable for them if they don't figure out how to play football again.

The Eagles are interesting to me because of Vick/McCoy/Jackson ... that's a trio that can be lethal and Denver likes to play soft at times on 3rd down, against scrambling QBs and they give up big plays. I think the Broncos offense will be more than they can handle, but I think it will be a shootout.

The Cowboys and Chargers are a toss up to me - both have big play potential but both can play brain dead with the best of them.

Raiders and Redskins... another one that I wouldn't touch from a gambling perspective, but Shanny loves beating the Raiders and they're due if the defense can man up. I think the Redskins surprise them here, esp if Pryor is dinged up.

My thoughts...

Chiefs 34 / Giants 20
Broncos 44 / Eagles 34
Cowboys 27 / Chargers 24
Redskins 20 / Raiders 16

And, there you go... how about you?

ClevelandBronco 09-24-2013 08:28 AM

Chiefs 24 / Giants 27 / OT
Broncos 38 / Eagles 5,280
Chargers 17 / Cowboys 23
Redskins 10 / Raiders 17

InChiefsHeaven 09-24-2013 08:31 AM

Chiefs win. Don't want to predict a score.

Donks win, Don't want to predict a score

Chargers 28, Dallas 17

Redskins 10 Raiders 13

FlaChief58 09-24-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10014728)
Chiefs 24 / Giants 27 / OT
Broncos 38 / Eagles 5,280
Chargers 17 / Cowboys 23
Redskins 10 / Raiders 17

Sounds about right

ptlyon 09-24-2013 08:39 AM

The chiefs will never score 34 points...

CaliforniaChief 09-24-2013 08:41 AM

I'm really fighting off bad vibes for this week's game, but I'm placing my faith in Reid and being home.

Chiefs 21, Giants 20
Broncos 45, Eagles 38
Cowboys 31, Chargers 21
Redskins 28, Raiders 17

Mile High Mania 09-24-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10014756)

I'm accounting for defensive scores... :D maybe you are as well.

Rausch 09-24-2013 08:50 AM

AFCW goes 3-1 with only the Raitards losing...

keg in kc 09-24-2013 08:53 AM

34 points would be nice. Think that's a bit more than we've shown ourselves capable at this point, unless we have multiple defensive/special teams scores. Course, in the end, don't really care how much we put on the board, as long as it's at least 1 more point than New York. Although a win where we're dominant in all three phases would make me feel better about our continued success.

I think Philadelphia has an outside shot at upsetting Denver. Best offense the donkeys have played based on the first three weeks. But I don't think Philly can stop that offense.

Cowboys and Chargers game is hard to pick. They're like mirror images. I guess SD since it's there.

I think the Redskins beat the Raiders. Washington's defense is horrible, but Oakland's offense isn't exactly high powered.

Molitoth 09-24-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10014756)

Hah, that's what I was thinking.

Molitoth 09-24-2013 08:54 AM

Giants, Broncos, Cowboys, Redskins

I think for the most part, the NFCE will take this week.

warrior 09-24-2013 08:58 AM

Chiefs 27
Giants 6

5 sacks
4-0

Mile High Mania 09-24-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10014791)
34 points would be nice. Think that's a bit more than we've shown ourselves capable at this point, unless we have multiple defensive/special teams scores. Course, in the end, don't really care how much we put on the board, as long as it's at least 1 more point than New York. Although a win where we're dominant in all three phases would make me feel better about our continued success.

I think Philadelphia has an outside shot at upsetting Denver. Best offense the donkeys have played based on the first three weeks. But I don't think Philly can stop that offense.

Cowboys and Chargers game is hard to pick. They're like mirror images. I guess SD since it's there.

I think the Redskins beat the Raiders. Washington's defense is horrible, but Oakland's offense isn't exactly high powered.

You know the Giants have given up 36, 41 and 38 in each of the last 3 games...

Chiefs have scored 28, 17 and 26 ... so 34 isn't really going out on a limb here.

And, regarding the best offense the Broncos have seen ... I dunno, looking at Playmakers - I'd put the Giants over them easily as a whole. They're just in a rut right now.

Halfcan 09-24-2013 09:02 AM

Going to be a tough game for the Chiefs. Expect a lot of Bad calls from the refs as they try to save Eli Mae's season. We will prob be held every play with no calls on defense with a couple of phantom defensive pass calls to help them along.

I think we still win this- the Offense will have a complete day and run the clock better than they have.

TEX 09-24-2013 09:06 AM

Wow. Denver gets another home game. What's that make it 3 out of 4 to start the season with the times and dates for the first 3 providing the most rest possible between games? Denver is good enough not to need NFL Wellfare. Just one of the reasons why I cant stand their asses. They get special treatment - always have.

I laughed after the game last night when I heard BIG HEAD say,"It's going to be tough this week because it's a short one"...LOL! Well Paeton, you prima donna, you just got the MOST REST POSSIBLE between games to start the season - :shake:

Oh back to this topic - I don't see KC winning this week. The 0-3 Giants are DESPORATE! It's not a good matchup for KC. Little Manning will go deep and burn our CB's becasue we play a LOT of man coverage. The calls are going to go against the Chiefs - can't have the Giants go 0-4.

Cheating Donx over the Eagles
The Boys over the Bolts
The Redskins over the Raiders

Every team in the division loses EXCEPT Denver - just how the league office likes it!