ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Question About Passports (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205649)

BigCatDaddy 04-09-2009 04:20 PM

Question About Passports

Has anyone gotten a passport from someplace other then the post office? I need one in 5 weeks and the post office says they should have it in 4, but I looked online I saw some places advertising 1-2 weeks to get you a passport at prices cheaper then the post office charges ($100) per.

CrazyPhuD 04-09-2009 04:26 PM

Is it a liberian passport?

Given current security concerns this is one thing I wouldn't screw with it. If you need it sooner then expedite it through the post office and consider the extra cost payment for procrastination.

Much better that way than finding out your passport isn't valid at another countries customs.

kstater 04-09-2009 04:29 PM

I don't think I'd trust getting a gov't document from anyone but said government.

munkey 04-09-2009 04:31 PM

Call the clerk for your county courthouse....You have to pay 25.00 for them to process it but it's worth it and they double check everything (at least that's an option here in Idaho). 1-2 weeks is express which means it will cost you A LOT more and you have plenty of time.

AustinChief 04-09-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5655607)
Has anyone gotten a passport from someplace other then the post office? I need one in 5 weeks and the post office says they should have it in 4, but I looked online I saw some places advertising 1-2 weeks to get you a passport at prices cheaper then the post office charges ($100) per.

I got mine at the Houston Passort Agency...

Same prices but you have to get it within the 14 days before travel. I was leaving out of Houston, so I scheduled an appointment for the day before, got my passport that day and then spent the night there before my flight.

You can also just pay an extra $60 and get it expedited.. 2-3 weeks I think.

vailpass 04-09-2009 04:40 PM

If you work for a company that performs cleared work contact your Facility Security Officer to see who she knows.

Otherwise here is the official page:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...first_831.html

Dartgod 04-09-2009 04:48 PM

I got mine from the post office a couple of months ago. It took less than two weeks to arrive.

Valiant 04-09-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5655607)

I got mine in two weeks from the post office even though it said 6-8 weeks a few months ago..

You can also pay extra if you want it faster form teh PO..

BigCatDaddy 04-09-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 5655689)
I got mine from the post office a couple of months ago. It took less than two weeks to arrive.

That would be great. I really doubt it takes longer then 5 weeks, but I wanted to know if I had another option.

Dartgod 04-09-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5655710)
That would be great. I really doubt it takes longer then 5 weeks, but I wanted to know if I had another option.

At the time I got mine, the post office guy said that he was supposed to tell people that it would be 4-6 weeks but he knew that they were coming back much faster. I was surprised when they showed up 10 or 11 days later.

Arrowhead Pride 04-09-2009 05:28 PM

If you absolutely have to have it within a short period of time, this is the place to go:

http://visaexpress.net/

I used them to get a US passport and Indian visa at the same time. I FedExed them my identification and applications and they got me both within a week.

ivisaservices 12-14-2016 06:33 PM

Hello there! If you are in need of a visa processing service at the conveneince of your home then. iVisa Passport and Visa Services are right for you! All transactions can be done online, anywhere around the globe. You can process your visa without having to deal with embassies anymore. Feel free to check out our site www[dot]ivisa[dot]com for more information.

eDave 12-14-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivisaservices (Post 12618314)
Hello there! If you are in need of a visa processing service at the conveneince of your home then. iVisa Passport and Visa Services are right for you! All transactions can be done online, anywhere around the globe. You can process your visa without having to deal with embassies anymore. Feel free to check out our site www[dot]ivisa[dot]com for more information.

WTF is this?

Pablo 12-14-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivisaservices (Post 12618314)

SSN and banking info PM'ed.

Thanks!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12-14-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12618325)
WTF is this?

bot spam :cuss: