ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165042)

HemiEd 06-26-2007 09:04 AM

Vacation? Have you taken it yet?

If you have, where have you gone? If not, are you taking one? Where are you going?

Oh, I am a Wichita tourism statistic, what a beautiful place!

Buehler445 06-26-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
If you have, where have you gone? If not, are you taking one? Where are you going?

Do you live in Wichita?

Dartgod 06-26-2007 09:10 AM

Went to Noel, Mo to float the Elk River in early June.

Going to Vegas in October. We'll probably take a few camping trips in between.

Donger 06-26-2007 09:12 AM

I may get the chance to go back to Monaco this summer. We'll see.

Scaga 06-26-2007 09:15 AM

Wow....
People come here on purpose????
I thought they only came to Wichita to pick up airplanes?

:hmmm:

Mr. Plow 06-26-2007 09:17 AM

Going to Dallas in July. It's cold in Dallas in July....right? :rolleyes:

Going to San Antonio in October.

Both business trips, but should be some time for fun and golf.

Bugeater 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Went to Noel, Mo to float the Elk River in early June.

Going to Vegas in October. We'll probably take a few camping trips in between.

Heh, I have some friends down in the Noel area, I've been down there many times floating on that river. Is that bridge by the Elk River campground where you have to lay down in your canoe to get under it still there? And what is going on with Ginger Blue these days, has it fallen to the ground yet? It was just being used as housing for the mexicans that work at the chicken plant the last time I was down there. It used to be a nice place back in the day.

Stewie 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

Heading out on Saturday for 10 days in the Rocky Mountains.

sd4chiefs 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

I'm going to Wichita in a few weeks to visit with my Bizzaro In-laws. :(

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

Not yet, probably the first week of september, which is my bday week, may go to cabo san lucas if we can afford to.

wutamess 06-26-2007 09:22 AM

Just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas: Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West. 2nd time I'd been on the exact same cruise.

Had the time of my life.
Swam with dolphins(Nassau), snorkeled(Coco Cay), rode scooters all around KeyWest.

Going to Dallas this weekend for family reunion.

rageeumr 06-26-2007 09:23 AM

Went to Breckenridge in January. Went to Chicago last month for work. Going back to Chicago over labor day. I won a 7 night stay in Panama City in a silent auction that I haven't used yet. That pretty much kills the vacation for this year.

Oh, and I took a day off work to go to Rolla for St. Pat's. :D

Tatertot13 06-26-2007 09:23 AM

Spent a week in the Turks and Caicos Islands

Dartgod 06-26-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugpeterbeater
Heh, I have some friends down in the Noel area, I've been down there many times floating on that river. Is that bridge by the Elk River campground where you have to lay down in your canoe to get under it still there? And what is going on with Ginger Blue these days, has it fallen to the ground yet? It was just being used as housing for the mexicans that work at the chicken plant the last time I was down there. It used to be a nice place back in the day.

The low water bridge was replaced a few years ago, from what I'm told. My wife was telling me about the old bridge that you had to lay down to get under, just like you described. We stayed at that campground by the bridge the last two years.

Ginger Blue hotel, or whatever it was has been leveled. Nothing left there now but an empty lot.

Bugeater 06-26-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie

Good choice. I was out there in 2005, it's incredible if you've never been out there before. Just make sure you buy your beer in liquor stores and have current proof of insurance.

Buehler445 06-26-2007 09:25 AM

Unfortunately, I've spent all my vacation time interviewing for jobs. However, I do plan to take some time to make it back to Western Kansas to drive a combine. WOW. I need a real vacation. You guys are my heros.

chagrin 06-26-2007 09:25 AM

Went to Russia in January, going to Budapest, Hungary in August.

Herzig 06-26-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

One of the great things about being a teacher is the vacation time. Keep in mind I used to work during summer until a couple of years ago.

During spring break, my fiance and I went on a cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Also, I just went on a 3 day golf trip with 12 friends to Tannenbaum golf course....then 2 days later we left for Santa Rosa Beach FL just outside of Destin for week long beach house vacation.

As a teacher I will never be wealthy, but how much is a 2 and a half month summer worth every year?

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 09:32 AM

Anyone know how a time share works? my gf's dad may discuss giving us one or getting us one.

Saulbadguy 06-26-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Anyone know how a time share works? my gf's dad may discuss giving us one or getting us one.

They give you the timeshare and YOU have to pay the maintenance fees.

Bugeater 06-26-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
The low water bridge was replaced a few years ago, from what I'm told. My wife was telling me about the old bridge that you had to lay down to get under, just like you described. We stayed at that campground by the bridge the last two years.

Ginger Blue hotel, or whatever it was has been leveled. Nothing left there now but an empty lot.

That doesn't surprise me about that bridge, I seem to remember hearing something about it getting damaged in a flood a while back. One of my friends panicked one time, and decided at the last second he didn't want to go under it and ended up somehow getting his canoe pinned up perpendicular to the pilings of it a couple feet underwater, and it was extremely difficult to get it out of there as the current was very strong underneath it. IIRC his girlfriend lost her glasses in the incident too.

Good times. :)

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy

Is there any benefits of having a time share?

Adept Havelock 06-26-2007 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found out long ago
It's a long way down the holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Take a ride on the West Coast kick
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

I found out long ago
It's a long way down the holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

Jenson71 06-26-2007 09:41 AM

I'm going to Chicago in about a week.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy

I think he is letting us use his rather than "give" i guess.

cdcox 06-26-2007 09:44 AM

I did the Sedalia, KC, Des Moines tour in June to visit family.

HemiEd 06-26-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445
Do you live in Wichita?

I did for about 45 years. I still have the majority of my family there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scaga
Wow....
People come here on purpose????
I thought they only came to Wichita to pick up airplanes?

:hmmm:

The lastest beautification project is very nice. They moved the keeper of the plains guy, I like the whole thing, first class IMO.

HemiEd 06-26-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Is there any benefits of having a time share?

I would gladly sell you mine, just pick up the maintenence fees. I think TSs are the biggest scam out there, I could rant about it for hours.

El Jefe 06-26-2007 09:50 AM

I dont get vacations, yes it sucks. So reading all the places you guys have went/been is disheartenening.

Smed1065 06-26-2007 09:51 AM

I spent a 7 days in the the Bahamas last week. Unfortunately, I had to return back to reality.

pikesome 06-26-2007 09:57 AM

I'm taking the fam-damn-ly down to Louisiana for a week over the 4th holiday. My Gparents live on a boat in West Monroe, the kids will get a kick out of staying there. My Gparents are also fairly well retired so they do as little as they can which sounds fine by me. :)

Phobia 06-26-2007 09:57 AM

Probably going out to Denver in July.

Reerun_KC 06-26-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I've spent all my vacation time interviewing for jobs. However, I do plan to take some time to make it back to Western Kansas to drive a combine. WOW. I need a real vacation. You guys are my heros.

I would love to do that at least once....

I have always wanted to join a harvest....

luv 06-26-2007 10:04 AM

I took a mini-vacation to KC in April.

I went to Panama City Beach for a day while in Florida for work.

Don't know if those count as vacations, but that's as close as I've gotten.

Reerun_KC 06-26-2007 10:05 AM

Well we went camping and kayaking alot in the spring... Noel Mo, Ozark Ar, Antles Ok and so on...

We are big into kayaking... Taking a vacation for Rocklahoma....

Other than that. My wife is a nurse and works 3 weekends a month... So really nothing until the fall, then we are going to do some camping and having football sundays out in the campsites... Thank you Direct TV!

Wile_E_Coyote 06-26-2007 10:10 AM

Redrum should take interesting vacations & the postcards...

Fire Me Boy! 06-26-2007 10:13 AM

My main vacation will be around Christmas. I'll take a long weekend at the end of July. Going to see my best friend in a major role in the St. Louis Shakespeare Company's performance of Othello.

Buehler445 06-26-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
I would love to do that at least once....

I have always wanted to join a harvest....

Some people love it. I do it to help my dad out and because I can take paid vacation and work to earn more money. If you are really interested, I could try to set something up for next summer.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

I would gladly sell you mine, just pick up the maintenence fees. I think TSs are the biggest scam out there, I could rant about it for hours.

I do not know much about them to be honest, i just know her dad is wealthy and probably can afford the maintenence fees. i think we'd just pay for the trip or whatever nothing directly with the tiem share

HemiEd 06-26-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

I do not know much about them to be honest, i just know her dad is wealthy and probably can afford the maintenence fees. i think we'd just pay for the trip or whatever nothing directly with the tiem share

Her Dad doesn't fit their normal demographic, from what I know. Unusual, since most wealthy people can buy their vacation spots outright. They usually prey on vacationers, during their vacation. High pressure, well set up sales mechanism. They create a lot of urgency, since they only have a few left.
You pay a large up front cost, then the annual maintence fee is about what it would cost you to rent "your time share" that the company is renting from an owner of the property.
The biggest rip off comes when you want to sell it. They charge you a substantial listing fee, then they don't sell it. Why would they? They would just sell a new one, and keep all the revenue, since their is no actual limits or property involved.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Her Dad doesn't fit their normal demographic, from what I know. Unusual, since most wealthy people can buy their vacation spots outright. They usually prey on vacationers, during their vacation. High pressure, well set up sales mechanism. They create a lot of urgency, since they only have a few left.
You pay a large up front cost, then the annual maintence fee is about what it would cost you to rent "your time share" that the company is renting from an owner of the property.
The biggest rip off comes when you want to sell it. They charge you a substantial listing fee, then they don't sell it. Why would they? They would just sell a new one, and keep all the revenue, since their is no actual limits or property involved.

Ahh i see....

yeah he takes alot of vaca's wherever so i guess he wanted to discuss one with her that we could go on. I always saw those commercials and never understood it but that helps. Whatever works i just want to go on a vacation hehe, but i personally wouldnt get one based off what you said.

Bugeater 06-26-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

While many of them operate that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with his. My wife's uncles are both pilots for Southwest, and they along with 10 other pilots organized their own timeshare on a house in Lake Tahoe. They split the costs evenly and each had a week in every season, it seemed to work out good for them. We stayed there for a week on our honeymoon, it was an awesome place.

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

While many of them operate that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with his. My wife's uncles are both pilots for Southwest, and they along with 10 other pilots organized their own timeshare on a house in Lake Tahoe. They split the costs evenly and each had a week in every season, it seemed to work out good for them. We stayed there for a week on our honeymoon, it was an awesome place.

Yeah he does something like that, i think it may be something within his company not sure, but it sounds good to me if it's his and we rae using it.

TrebMaxx 06-26-2007 10:37 AM

This Friday I will be on a plane heading to the Virgian Islands. Staying a week in St. Johns. Then back on a plane to take me back to the grind.

Buster's Dad 06-26-2007 10:37 AM

We spent from the 8 th of May thru the 22nd in Ireland, my daughter lives in Dublin, did a couple of long bus tours while we were there :clap: :clap:

HemiEd 06-26-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

That is a true timeshare, with property involved. That would be great to be a part of, for the most part.

I had a buddy do something similar, 12 guys went together and bought three condos on the west coast of Florida. It turned into a real soap opera, a lot of laughs for me, hilarious. They did surprise me though, by keeping it together as long as they did.
Short version, a couple of the guys (drunk) got the rest of the owners evicted from the golf course forever, etc.

Monty 06-26-2007 10:50 AM

Took the kids to Schlitterbahn and did the San Antonio thing a couple of weeks ago.

We're taking a week off at the end of July and will take the new Gold Wing out to the Black Hills for a fun week of riding/drinking/gambling. Was going to go to TC, but since it's on HBO we changed our plans. :)

Below is a pic of the new bike we'll be cruising on.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...f/GoldWing.jpg

HemiEd 06-26-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
Took the kids to Schlitterbahn and did the San Antonio thing a couple of weeks ago.

We're taking a week off at the end of July and will take the new Gold Wing out to the Black Hills for a fun week of riding/drinking/gambling. Was going to go to TC, but since it's on HBO we changed our plans. :)

Below is a pic of the new bike we'll be cruising on.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...f/GoldWing.jpg

Nice Bike, congrats. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun.

Frazod 06-26-2007 11:44 AM

Went to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite earlier in the month. I'm really bummed about the fire - that's such a beautiful area. I guess I was lucky to see it when I did.

Monty 06-26-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Nice Bike, congrats. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun.

Thanks. I'm originally from the Black Hills, so any chance I get to go home again, I'll take advantage of the opportunity.

luv 06-26-2007 12:18 PM

Well, it's not for a vacation, but I just found out I'm flying back down to Tallahassee later this week for the weekend.

Iowanian 06-26-2007 12:24 PM

Vacation?

Nothing over 2 work days in years.

This summer's vacation will be relocating and becoming self employed.

Reerun_KC 06-26-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Some people love it. I do it to help my dad out and because I can take paid vacation and work to earn more money. If you are really interested, I could try to set something up for next summer.

I would love to take you up on that... my plans are to be out of work by next memorial day and off to an airline or corp pilot job, so I could use 3-4 days of extra $$$ at that time...

Buehler445 06-26-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
I would love to take you up on that... my plans are to be out of work by next memorial day and off to an airline or corp pilot job, so I could use 3-4 days of extra $$$ at that time...

It would probably have to be from June 25th-July 4th to make it helpful for my dad. Can you drive a semi or a tractor?

afchiefs 06-26-2007 12:55 PM

The wife and I are planning to go somewhere that we've never been in the continental US at the end of July. Right now I'm leaning towards San Antonio. Is that a good or bad idea? Thanks

Bugeater 06-26-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Went to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite earlier in the month. I'm really bummed about the fire - that's such a beautiful area. I guess I was lucky to see it when I did.

Yes that is a shame, they're worried all the ash might gunk up that beautiful clear water there, although I know there's been forest fires there before and the lake has survived. It's just so dry there in the summer time, heck I was afraid to grill with charcoal when I was there because I knew one stray spark could set the entire place on fire. I didn't want to be that idiot.

Kerberos 06-26-2007 12:59 PM

My son and I are going to Vegas to visit mom and dad/grandma and grandpa.

Built in sitters that want some quaility time with thier grandson and I get to go out and PLAY!

My wife had surgery 3 months ago and has no vacation time left so she gets to stay back here and work. Wish she could go but my son and I will have a blast in Vegas.

KCChiefsMan 06-26-2007 01:34 PM

I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans in Feb. That was pretty fun, a little scary at times but for the most part it was cool

REDHOTGTO 06-26-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie

what part you goin to? we leave in 19 days for estes park colorado, & buena vista, lots of hiking & 4 wheelin :)

Stewie 06-26-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDHOTGTO
what part you goin to? we leave in 19 days for estes park colorado, & buena vista, lots of hiking & 4 wheelin :)

Estes Park. We stay at the YMCA camp. It's great for kids which there will be five in our group. On the 5th four of us are going west to Crystal. A physician friend of ours has a cabin that's awesome. No electricity, but an unbelievable location. It's a bitch of a road between Marble and Crystal but worth every oil pan scrape.

HemiEd 06-26-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans in Feb. That was pretty fun, a little scary at times but for the most part it was cool

I really want to do that some day. Can you elaborate on your experience?

LocoChiefsFan 06-26-2007 08:49 PM

We just got back from Florida. We went to Disney World for 8 days. Next year the wife and I are taking a cruise and leaving our ungreatful children at a babysitter.

Lzen 06-26-2007 09:29 PM

Took the family to Florida Memorial Day weekend. Stayed with some friends for the week. Spent a couple of days at Cocoa Beach and did the Universal Studios thing. The fishing charter didn't happen because the waters were way too choppy.

Just got back from 5 days at Tuttle Creek in Manhattan. Wife and friends like that Country stuff. Eh, I just go to make the wife happy. But it is a fun time. No kids, no work, lots of beer drinking and boobies. :)

Plan to go up to Minneapolis in August for and extended weekend. Will be staying with a friend who lives up there. Plan to go to the Dream Theater concert up there on the 9th. Then we'll drive over to River Falls and catch the Chiefs training camp.

kcfan82 06-26-2007 09:50 PM

Tomorrow AM, leave for San Fran, drive down Pacific Coast Highway (stop at Pebble Beach) go to LA, and down to San Diego.

I may stop in Tijuana to make a roid run for Bonds.

Nzoner 06-26-2007 10:01 PM

Went to Vegas in March

Texarkana to visit dole in April

Going to Sioux Falls in latter July

Then back to vegas in October

luv 06-26-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
Went to Vegas in March

Texarkana to visit dole in April

Going to Sioux Falls in latter July

Then back to vegas in October

Your place in September will count as another mini-vacation for me.

Mojo Rising 06-26-2007 10:41 PM

Went to Winter Park, CO for a week of snowboarding in Feb. So Cal and Disneyland for a week last month.

Our next 2 trips are through Yosemite in the mountains next week and KC in Sept for the home opener.

We have had a good timeshare experience. My Dad and his family split a large house in June Lake, CA (just north of Mammoth Mountain (15 miles) and east of Yosemite (30 miles) with his high school buddy and their family.

They are all responsible for all of the costs and decisions so that is probably why I like the arrangement. When it is available it is a sweet place to stay for 15+.

Mojo Rising 06-26-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan82
Tomorrow AM, leave for San Fran, drive down Pacific Coast Highway (stop at Pebble Beach) go to LA, and down to San Diego.

I may stop in Tijuana to make a roid run for Bonds.

Thats a great drive. It might take a while if you take 1 the whole way. Big Sur and Monterey are worth the extra time.

The Hearst Castle is also cool since you'll be in the area. Paso Robles is a real up and coming wine area near there. Nquite as good or expensive as Napa...but still very good.

SPchief 06-26-2007 11:16 PM

Went to Vegas in may, the first real time off I've had in a little over two years.

Ugly Duck 06-26-2007 11:34 PM

Gonna drive up to the Olympic Peninsula in a few weeks. Might stop off in Portland to have a beer with Taco John on the way.....

DT4everaChief 06-27-2007 03:18 AM

Went on a 7 day cruise in March to Mexico. It was my first cruise, I went with 8 other people and had the greastest time.

PunkinDrublic 06-27-2007 07:00 AM

Went to Mertyle Beach SC last month for a family vacation after finishing college. Last year I was in Galway, Ireland for a week in March for St. Patricks day. Next year I'm going to Costa Rica.

Chief Henry 06-27-2007 07:33 AM

The end of April the mrs and I went to hawaii for a week.

Two weeks ago 18 of us went to Panama City Beach, Florida. Whata great time that was.
We rented Wave runners and spent alot of
time on the beach. There is many places to
play mini putt. One different thing we did was
attemtp to walk through a maze. That was fun.
Panama City Beach has alot of cool restraunts
and bars. PCB has 27 miles of beach.

In two weeks I'm going fishing with one of my brothers at "Lake of the Woods"
www.ballardsresort.com Were hoping to catch
some nice Walleyes :) and then eat ALOT of
Walleye.

The end of August we shave some friends coming in from Rockford, Illinoise. They'll be camping for
four nights and we'll be doing alot of boating and tubing and water skiing. Its a busy summer for sure. I wouldn't want it any other way.

HemiEd 06-27-2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LocoChiefsFan
We just got back from Florida. We went to Disney World for 8 days. Next year the wife and I are taking a cruise and leaving our ungreatful children at a babysitter.

ROFL I am betting some day, they will express their appreciation.

HemiEd 06-27-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry
The end of April the mrs and I went to hawaii for a week.

Two weeks ago 18 of us went to Panama City Beach, Florida. Whata great time that was.
We rented Wave runners and spent alot of
time on the beach. There is many places to
play mini putt. One different thing we did was
attemtp to walk through a maze. That was fun.
Panama City Beach has alot of cool restraunts
and bars. PCB has 27 miles of beach.

In two weeks I'm going fishing with one of my brothers at "Lake of the Woods"
www.ballardsresort.com Were hoping to catch
some nice Walleyes :) and then eat ALOT of
Walleye.

The end of August we shave some friends coming in from Rockford, Illinoise. They'll be camping for
four nights and we'll be doing alot of boating and tubing and water skiing. Its a busy summer for sure. I wouldn't want it any other way.

You do play hard! I am saving that link to ballard resort, thanks.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2007 09:30 AM

Vacation? What is that? I can never afford to go anywhere. I usually spend the free time with my son.

OnTheWarpath15 06-27-2007 10:38 AM

Good timing with this thread.......

The wife and I left last Thursday for a golf trip to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Had an AWESOME time. 6 rounds of golf in 4 days. I'll post pictures when I get back......

Which was supposed to be LAST NIGHT.

:cuss:

Flying home, we get to our connection city (Dallas) to find out that our flight to STL has been cancelled due to weather, and the earliest they can rebook us is 9:35 tonight.

(After standing in line for 2 hours and waiting in line for a rental car for another 2 hours.....got to the hotel about 1:00am......to find a room with a double bed. ONE double bed. But it's better than the hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport....)

So, we're stuck in Dallas, without our luggage. Got the clothes on my back, and my backpack full of electronics. If you see a guy with a shaved head wearing a red Chiefs T-shirt wandering through Big D today, say hi. Gonna try to make the best of it and go to Sammy's BBQ, the Dallas Museum of Art, and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK)

Hopefully things get back on track tonight. Nothing against Dallas, but I'd rather not be stuck here any longer than necessary.

Wish us luck......

HemiEd 06-27-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Good timing with this thread.......

The wife and I left last Thursday for a golf trip to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Had an AWESOME time. 6 rounds of golf in 4 days. I'll post pictures when I get back......

Which was supposed to be LAST NIGHT.

:cuss:

Flying home, we get to our connection city (Dallas) to find out that our flight to STL has been cancelled due to weather, and the earliest they can rebook us is 9:35 tonight.

(After standing in line for 2 hours and waiting in line for a rental car for another 2 hours.....got to the hotel about 1:00am......to find a room with a double bed. ONE double bed. But it's better than the hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport....)

So, we're stuck in Dallas, without our luggage. Got the clothes on my back, and my backpack full of electronics. If you see a guy with a shaved head wearing a red Chiefs T-shirt wandering through Big D today, say hi. Gonna try to make the best of it and go to Sammy's BBQ, the Dallas Museum of Art, and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK)

Hopefully things get back on track tonight. Nothing against Dallas, but I'd rather not be stuck here any longer than necessary.

Wish us luck......

Sounds like you are making the most out of it and at least its not hot in Dallas. :D

ChiefsFan4Life 06-27-2007 02:08 PM

Going to San Diego at the end of July

CupidStunt 06-27-2007 02:09 PM

Sunny Beach, Bulgaria... this Friday.