ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why is Blaylock starting this week? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105903)

Chiefnj 12-07-2004 01:26 PM

Why is Blaylock starting this week?

Why not just give the nod to Johnson since he is under contract for a few more years and played well last week?

Bob Dole 12-07-2004 01:28 PM

It's clearly an attempt to flood this website with 17 thread variations of this weekly topic.

Deberg_1990 12-07-2004 01:28 PM

Umm....maybe because Vermeil is a crabby old bastard?? Too set in his ways to admit that LJ might be a decent back?

alpha_omega 12-07-2004 01:28 PM

Because he is on my fantasy team!!!!!!!!

...or, because maybe they want to reduce the risk of injury to LJ???????
They are gonna need him next year.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2004 01:29 PM

Blaylock i bet will start every game the rest of the season, but LJ will probably get a pretty good amount of carries.

MichaelH 12-07-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega
...or, because maybe they want to reduce the risk of injury to LJ???????
They are gonna need him next year.

Quote:

Umm....maybe because Vermeil is a crabby old bastard?? Too set in his ways to admit that LJ might be a decent back?
That will work. :thumb:

Skip Towne 12-07-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

We have a winner! DV isn't about to admit he's been wrong all this time.

Eleazar 12-07-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
It's clearly an attempt to flood this website with 17 thread variations of this weekly topic.

:clap:

Son of Logical 12-07-2004 01:36 PM

I don't think D.V. is wrong to start Blaylock. First of all Blaylock is an all around better back right now. I say this in the light that L.J. still hasn't picked up the blocking aspect of being a NFL runningback yet, and Blaylock has not done anything wrong that would make D.V. not start him.

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 01:44 PM

WHY DON'T WE RUN THE 3-4

jspchief 12-07-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanman64
I don't think D.V. is wrong to start Blaylock. First of all Blaylock is an all around better back right now. I say this in the light that L.J. still hasn't picked up the blocking aspect of being a NFL runningback yet, and Blaylock has not done anything wrong that would make D.V. not start him.

You make a good point in regards to his blocking. But this also says to me that we haven't given up on the idea of retaining Blaylock. I've said before that I don't think there will be a big bidding war to get him. As long as KC can get him at a reasonable price and it doesn't hinder our ability to address the real problem areas, I can live with it. Keeping Blaylock does bring the LJ pick that much closer to a wasted pick though.

If we aren't keeping Blaylock, now is the time for LJ to learn blocking...in game.

Chris Meck 12-07-2004 01:57 PM

We don't have enough decent linebackers to run a 4-3, let alone a 3-4.

Bob Dole 12-07-2004 02:12 PM

From an insider email Bob Dole just received

Quote:

Because Larry is still struggling over issues like "in which hand do I carry the ball". On a positive note, he now seems to understand that the opposing team is wearing different colored uniforms.

Baby steps.

http://www.kansascity.com/images/kan...504_JGL978.jpg

Kclee 12-07-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck
We don't have enough decent linebackers to run a 4-3, let alone a 3-4.

We don't have enough for a 6-1. :shake:

Logical 12-07-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanman64

:clap::clap::clap::thumb: