ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which WR's will be on the roster week 1?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212111)

KCChiefsMan 08-17-2009 06:45 PM

Which WR's will be on the roster week 1??

Assuming we keep 5 WRs, maybe 1 more for return game special teams. So maximum of 6 WRs

poll to come

Stanley Nickels 08-17-2009 08:13 PM

22 people voted. One of them REALLY thinks Dwayne Bowe will not be on the roster week 1?
REALLY?????

BigVE 08-17-2009 08:17 PM

Another option should be added for another player that has not been named as of yet. I don't have anyone specific in mind but as soon as the Pat's cut a WR we will be all over it.

Sure-Oz 08-17-2009 08:18 PM

poor taurus johnson

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5980592)
poor taurus johnson

Yeah, that Bull! :)

TRR 08-17-2009 08:44 PM

I really think it comes down to Engram, Lelie, and Toomer...and they will keep two of the three. I don't see Copper making it no matter how good of special teams player he is. I now cannot see Wright making the team because he really didn't show anything as a returner. Q Lawrence had a solid game, but should be more of a practice squad player this year...he just can't seem to pick up the offense quick enough to be on a 53 man roster. Taurus Johnson never had a chance.

That leaves...

Dwayne Bowe - Lock
Mark Bradley - Lock
Engram - ?
Darling - ?
Toomer - ?
Lelie - ?

I really see Toomer being the odd man out because of his age, and the fact that if Haley would have been happy with Toomer, he would have never signed Ashley Lelie. Lelie is a younger version of Toomer that should see some playing time. I think KC may have jumped the gun with Amani. Either that, or Haley really doesn't like what Bobby Engram has left. I find that fact hard to believe because of how much he is tutoring the young guys, and even gets mention as a kick/punt returner from time to time which hardly no other veteran WR on the roster does.

Mecca 08-17-2009 08:46 PM

I think Darling will get axed when another team cuts a guy who does returns.

RedThat 08-17-2009 08:49 PM

You gotta go with the best 6 WRs. And imo thats gonna be the guys that the Chiefs feel give them the best chance to win. So Im gonna say:

Bowe-No-brainer, and without a doubt is the #1 guy
Bradley-because he has the playmaking ability
Toomer-experience
Engram-experience, and can play the slot
Lelie-Speed, and can stretch the field..good for the vertical passing game
Copper-Stout special teams player

*All these guys will be good role players for us

TRR 08-17-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 5980708)
You gotta go with the best 6 WRs. And imo thats gonna be the guys that the Chiefs feel give them the best chance to win. So Im gonna say:

Bowe-No-brainer, and without a doubt is the #1 guy
Bradley-because he has the playmaking ability
Toomer-experience
Engram-experience, and can play the slot
Lelie-Speed, and can stretch the field..good for the vertical passing game
Copper-Stout special teams player

*All these guys will be good role players for us

That could very well be. I'm not sure they keep 6 WR's on the active roster. 5 seems more likely to me, but I could be mistaken. Darling is definitely a wild card. He seems to make some plays in camp, but turns off when the lights turn on.

Again, I just can't see Toomer making the final cut with his lack of speed. I'm not sure he fits in the slot, and isn't quick enough to start over Mark Bradley. Are 3 best WR's may be Bowe, Bradley and Lelie in the slot.

RedThat 08-17-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 5980724)
That could very well be. I'm not sure they keep 6 WR's on the active roster. 5 seems more likely to me, but I could be mistaken. Darling is definitely a wild card. He seems to make some plays in camp, but turns off when the lights turn on.

Again, I just can't see Toomer making the final cut with his lack of speed. I'm not sure he fits in the slot, and isn't quick enough to start over Mark Bradley. Are 3 best WR's may be Bowe, Bradley and Lelie in the slot.

It sounds like Darling has consistency issues.

Id rather have Engram in the slot then Lelie only because I think he is better.

Mr. Krab 08-17-2009 09:15 PM

Bowe
Bradley
Toomer
Lelie (only cause it's so late and he will make it by default)
Copper
Lawrence (if they don't find another return guy)

TRR 08-17-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 5980770)
It sounds like Darling has consistency issues.

Id rather have Engram in the slot then Lelie only because I think he is better.

Only time will tell. It's tough to say that Engram is better when everyone knows Lelie is the faster, bigger, stronger, younger WR. Engram may have better hands, but that's about all. Engram has definitely had the better career, even as of late.

RedThat 08-17-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 5980818)
Only time will tell. It's tough to say that Engram is better when everyone knows Lelie is the faster, bigger, stronger, younger WR. Engram may have better hands, but that's about all. Engram has definitely had the better career, even as of late.

There you go. You said it right there.

It all comes down to catching the football and experience. A beautiful remedy and no substitute for either. I will say this is my opinion. Scott Pioli and Todd Haley may or may not think differently.

TRR 08-17-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 5980841)
There you go. You said it right there.

It all comes down to catching the football and experience. A beautiful remedy and no substitute for either. I will say this is my opinion. Scott Pioli and Todd Haley may or may not think differently.

We definitely need somebody to step up. You would have to think that if Haley was happy with Engram and Darling, he wouldn't have went out and signed Lelie and Toomer. We all know (as does Haley) that Bowe and Bradley are making the roster. That leads me to believe that he is looking from there down as players he is not overly impressed with. I thought Engram would be (not much) bigger and faster heading to camp. I came away thinking he was smaller and step slower than anticipated.

RedThat 08-17-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 5980860)
We definitely need somebody to step up. You would have to think that if Haley was happy with Engram and Darling, he wouldn't have went out and signed Lelie and Toomer. We all know (as does Haley) that Bowe and Bradley are making the roster. That leads me to believe that he is looking from there down as players he is not overly impressed with. I thought Engram would be (not much) bigger and faster heading to camp. I came away thinking he was smaller and step slower than anticipated.

I agree with this statement TRR. Especially after we lost Tony G.

I would like to comment that, I believe the reason they went out and signed these guys was to improve the depth of our WR core.

I agree that Bowe and Bradley are making the roster, but we most definately know Bradley has a history of getting hurt alot, so to improve the depth is a wise move by Scott Pioli and Co. They need insurance policies at the WR position. Its really a win-win situation. If Bradley can stay healthy, he is a gamer who who contribute to this team.

but history proves to rely on him prolly isn't a good idea. Im counting on DBowe to improve. I think this is the year he breaks out and shows to the league he is one of the top wideouts and will make KCs passing game respectable. I think as long as we have a guy that can contribute 500-800 yards a season with 5 tds at the #2 WR spot, that would be great! And Toomer or Engram are capable of doing that. If Bradley stays healthy he is definately capable of doing that. I think the WR position will be fun to watch from this team.