ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the Browns coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268497)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 05:01 PM

Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the Browns coach

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

The Franchise 01-04-2013 05:02 PM

Not a bad get by them.

I'm not sure that Weeden will still be the starting QB though.

RustShack 01-04-2013 05:02 PM

Browns always fail. Looks like we made the right choice not going after him.

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:03 PM

im not saying Ian Poopnshit is correct, but what the hell are some of these teams with a head coaching vacancy doing? who are they waiting on

there are like NO good options out there besides the potential of Chip Kelly and maybe what? Hoping you can convince Jon Gruden? Who else is there? You are going to get a fired coach in Lovie Smith or Ken Wisenhunt regardless.

How the Eagles and Cardinals and Chargers are just hanging out losing out to Chip Kelly to the potential shitpile crappy Browns is hilarious to me

OnTheWarpath15 01-04-2013 05:03 PM

BREAKING: Andy Reid close to completing a deal to become the Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Oh, wait.

Someone let me know when it actually HAPPENS.

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9281836)
BREAKING: Andy Reid close to completing a deal to become the Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Oh, wait.

Someone let me know when it actually HAPPENS.

ROFL

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:04 PM

lol waiting for these playoffs to end so teams can make a run at guys like Bruce Arians

theres only one Bruce Arians and clearly like 3 teams hoping they get him.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 05:05 PM

Good Luck Chip on fixing the Browns, A lot of peeps have tried.

Strongside 01-04-2013 05:05 PM

Hope he can turn them around. With the success our team has had, we should feel for their fans as well. Kindred spirits, they are.

FD 01-04-2013 05:06 PM

I had high hopes for Kelly making something happen in the NFL. This would pretty much kill that dream. Cleveland is a sinkhole.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9281835)
im not saying Ian Poopnshit is correct, but what the hell are some of these teams with a head coaching vacancy doing? who are they waiting on

there are like NO good options out there besides the potential of Chip Kelly and maybe what? Hoping you can convince Jon Gruden? Who else is there? You are going to get a fired coach in Lovie Smith or Ken Wisenhunt regardless.

How the Eagles and Cardinals and Chargers are just hanging out losing out to Chip Kelly to the potential shitpile crappy Browns is hilarious to me

The Chargers and Cardinals have a similar front office structure to what we used to have, so until they hire a GM, they won't be hiring a coach.

And while Lurie has said both the coach and GM will report to him in Philly, he also said he wants to hire a GM first.

So basically, all 3 teams are apparently looking for a GM, although there hasn't been a lot of chatter.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-04-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9281831)
Not a bad get by them.

I'm not sure that Weeden will still be the starting QB though.

Isn't Weeden older than Kelly? :p

mcaj22 01-04-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281861)
The Chargers and Cardinals have a similar front office structure to what we used to have, so until they hire a GM, they won't be hiring a coach.

And while Lurie has said both the coach and GM will report to him in Philly, he also said he wants to hire a GM first.

So basically, all 3 teams are apparently looking for a GM, although there hasn't been a lot of chatter.

most of the GMs they want they cant get

didnt DeCosta say hes staying with Baltimore and I dont know what's up with the 49ers guy? It seems to be a lot of teams after a shallow pool of GMs they have no chance at getting.

And we have the wildcard on John Dorsey, so I'd love to see a crap team like the Jets try and steal him from us

Reaper16 01-04-2013 05:09 PM

If this week is any precedent, then this report means that Chip Kelly will be the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Print 'em, Clark.

Molitoth 01-04-2013 05:10 PM

I like Chip Kelly. Don't like the move to the Browns.